5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 RAM 1500 - Delayed / prolonged startup / crank

adotsloan

Reaction score
Typically when I am attempting to cold crank my 2020 RAM 1500 5.7 Gas, I experience a prolonged crank/startup. The engine always starts but this delay has gotten longer and more frequent. I took to the dealer a while back and they said without a trouble code/diagnostic warning light that they would be limited in their troubleshooting ability.
I've replaced the battery myself already so that can be ruled out.
Anyone here experience this same issue or have any ideas about a resolution?

travler

Reaction score
Typically when I am attempting to cold crank my 2020 RAM 1500 5.7 Gas, I experience a prolonged crank/startup. The engine always starts but this delay has gotten longer and more frequent. I took to the dealer a while back and they said without a trouble code/diagnostic warning light that they would be limited in their troubleshooting ability.
I've replaced the battery myself already so that can be ruled out.
Anyone here experience this same issue or have any ideas about a resolution?

have you figured this out? I have a 2020 and replaced alternator/generator combo and now havce only ~11.3 Volts charge, long start - but it starts and the auto start on/off is not working. Getting a Lost Connection with Starter/Generator Control Module code as well

Users who are viewing this thread