5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Overland Ram Build

luckie2021

Reaction score
Still in progress of adding all my lighting but here's an update on my Switch Pros SP-9100 and lighting setup. For Pods, since I'm going to be running 8 total and to me I don't need $250 Rigid Pods.. I opted for Nilight which so far have been awesome and all I need. I picked up a couple spares to carry in the truck in case one goes out but I got all 8 of them for less than a pair of the big name brand so I'm content with that.

The 8 Switches will be:

Ditch Lights
Left Side
Right Side
Rear
Rock
RC 6" Grill Spots
All On
*Both Sides
*Temporarily until I figure out what other lighting I want for the last remaining switch.

Installed the Switch Pros controller in headliner (Was a bit nerve racking drilling holes into a brand new truck's headliner!!)
View attachment 63924

Installed ditch light Spot/ Flood pods on Zroadz hood brackets on the front:
View attachment 63927

View attachment 63925

Installed Flood pods onto the Leitner Rack in the rear:
View attachment 63928

Still to come:
2 more flood pods on each side of the rack, the pair on each side will be wired together for a "Left Lights Button" and a "Right Lights Button" (I'm about 3/4 of the way done installing these)
8 RGB-W Rock Lights (1 above each tire, 1 on each side, 1 in front, 1 in rear)
Pair of Rough Country 6" Grill Spot LED's
Hello, can I ask you what location under the hood you ended up mounting your switch pro? I’m trying to get a general idea . Thanks oh before I forget the strob is bad ***!!!!

Accessory.Parts

Reaction score
Hello, can I ask you what location under the hood you ended up mounting your switch pro? I’m trying to get a general idea . Thanks oh before I forget the strob is bad ***!!!!
It's up on Post #23, I mounted it to the headliner and have had zero issues with it there, I love how accessible it is.

Edit: Just realized I was posting from our Vendor account, but this is Tex_Ram as well!

1646070609814.png

cmccroskey2

Reaction score
Great job on your build! I noticed both of our trucks look pretty low when they came stock. Does your 6 inch lift feel and look like a 6 or does it feel more like a 4 inch due to our trucks coming slightly lower than most rams. I have a 3.5 RL on mine and when i pull up to some rams that are stock i feel like mine is only slightly higher. Thanks

Tex_Ram

Reaction score
Great job on your build! I noticed both of our trucks look pretty low when they came stock. Does your 6 inch lift feel and look like a 6 or does it feel more like a 4 inch due to our trucks coming slightly lower than most rams. I have a 3.5 RL on mine and when i pull up to some rams that are stock i feel like mine is only slightly higher. Thanks
I'm in a Ram club so I am next to other Rams all the time and I can say with certainty that it is taller than a 3.5 RL SST lift and sits the same height as other 6" lifts on 5th gens, at stock though I definitely felt like I was lower than other trucks though.

Users who are viewing this thread