5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Bighorn radio volume won’t get loud

PeteyK49

Reaction score
I've had an intermittent volume issue with mine. I'm sure it's a software issue but I turned off the speed adjust volume and it rarely happens now.
I had turned that off the day I got it. I’ve had issues with the speed adjust control on other vehicles in the past especially with a stereo system. For some reason today it’s louder but not like it was. Hopefully there’s an update soon because apparently I have the most recent update

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I am having the same issue. I use carplay and the volume above 50%, the sound is just distorted to hell.

I lowered the bass this morning to see if that helps.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Lowered bass and shifted sound to the front a bit. Still sounds like crap. Any other ideas? Would a speaker swap fix this?

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Lowered bass and shifted sound to the front a bit. Still sounds like crap. Any other ideas? Would a speaker swap fix this?
Think it stems from weak power in the head unit. A small amp would be needed with a speaker swap.

The door and dash speakers are wired together making a swap difficult (changing one upsets the other), the OEM speaker ohm values are not a common in aftermarket speakers, and you'll still have the problem of the underpowered base head unit.

PeteyK49

Reaction score
Get 8 ohm dash speakers, fade two clicks to the front. Don’t use CarPlay if you want to listen to loud music. In my truck xm sounds the best. Bluetooth is ok but still not great

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I gotcha. I have to use carplay for google maps so I guess im stuck.

Users who are viewing this thread