5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Big Horn Back Window Question

Midnight2020

Reaction score
Okay, so I bought a 2020 Midnight Edition 5.7L the other day, used obviously. Still trying to figure this thing out with all its contraptions. I am coming from a 2001 24 valve Diesel, so taking some time to get used to. One thing that I can't figure out is the the button that the owner's manual says is for the back window. I hit it and I can hear a little motor going. However, the back window is one piece and looking at it, there's no where for the one piece to go down anywhere and obviously the window does nothing.

So my question is, did I buy a truck that the previous owner changed out the window to a one piece? Or is it something that is factory installed in case the owner wanted to upgrade to a back window with the little window to open up and close? A bit perplexed on this one.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The far right button on the overhead console is for the rear window. If you are hearing a sound from the back of the truck when you push that button and only have a one piece window, someone has changed it out (and failed to disconnect the motor). Even if Ram did install a motor "just in case", they wouldn't have connected it. Two likely scenarios that immediately come to mind are: Trouble with the rear sliding window leaking, or the original glass got broken and it was cheaper to get a one piece.

Here is a link that someone from this forum provided (I don't currently recall who to credit). Type your vin in and it will provide you with build information.

Midnight2020

Reaction score
The far right button on the overhead console is for the rear window. If you are hearing a sound from the back of the truck when you push that button and only have a one piece window, someone has changed it out (and failed to disconnect the motor). Even if Ram did install a motor "just in case", they wouldn't have connected it. Two likely scenarios that immediately come to mind are: Trouble with the rear sliding window leaking, or the original glass got broken and it was cheaper to get a one piece.

Here is a link that someone from this forum provided (I don't currently recall who to credit). Type your vin in and it will provide you with build information.

Makes sense. That’s what I figured. I will check out your link for sure. Appreciate it.

BobbyLeeSniper

Reaction score
Since you have the switch and state you can hear the motor running, but you have a solid backglass, it was likely done after the vehicle was sold by the dealer.
Previous owner could have blown out the back window and instead of having the more expensive sliding glass installed, they went with a cheaper option.

Users who are viewing this thread