5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 2500 front end hum

Joshcwb134

Reaction score
Hoping someone with a 2020 2500 can confirm or deny if a noise I am hearing is normal. Have dealer appointment next week but thought I would check here. In 4wd road noise gets louder like mud tire hum. Not as loud in 2wd but still noticeable between 15-50 mph. Just sounds like faint tire hum but factory tires are not that aggressive and didn’t notice until after I used 4wd the first time. Truck is crazy quiet on inside so maybe it is just easier to hear front axel components spinning even in 2wd but something does not seem right.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hoping someone with a 2020 2500 can confirm or deny if a noise I am hearing is normal. Have dealer appointment next week but thought I would check here. In 4wd road noise gets louder like mud tire hum. Not as loud in 2wd but still noticeable between 15-50 mph. Just sounds like faint tire hum but factory tires are not that aggressive and didn’t notice until after I used 4wd the first time. Truck is crazy quiet on inside so maybe it is just easier to hear front axel components spinning even in 2wd but something does not seem right.
4wd has many "hums" to it. You got the transfer case right under you that is now working. The CAD locks both front wheels into unison and the drive shaft now has power going to it.

You will not find many HeftyDuty owners here. There are a few and you will get some similarities with the 1500...but, we have a sister site for the HeavyDuty RAM trucks

Www.hdrams.com

Joshcwb134

Reaction score
4wd has many "hums" to it. You got the transfer case right under you that is now working. The CAD locks both front wheels into unison and the drive shaft now has power going to it.

You will not find many HeftyDuty owners here. There are a few and you will get some similarities with the 1500...but, we have a sister site for the HeavyDuty RAM trucks

Www.hdrams.com
T

Www.hdrams.com
Thanks for the response and direction to HDrams. Already heard from someone there that may have same issue. Noise has gotten worse in 2wd so glad I have a dealer appointment next week.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi there @Joshcwb134
We would be happy to discuss your concerns further here. For additional support during your dealer visit, please provide your VIN in a private message.

Kathryn
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread