5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 1500 Limited Leveling/Lift Kit with Air-Ride Suspension?

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I went by and paid the man today. He’s got the wheels and tires on order and my links arrive Saturday. Hopefully have it all done next week. He couldn’t go any lower on the price so I was like fk it. Let’s do it. He was working on some ****ty lambo when I pulled up lol.

He seems like a good dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m still getting with him as soon as my rims get here. I talked to him some on Facebook but won’t schedule until I know I’ll have my rims. Let me know how your install goes.

Darlott

Reaction score
Can this same set up (day star spacers w revel links) be done on 4x2?

Carlos.33193

Reaction score
I just did revel links and Daystar spacers on my 2020 limited after putting on 305/45R22 tires, they didn't rub or anything prior to the leveling kit, and it looks so much better. It took me 3 hours to do one side. I haven't done the other side yet. I recommend just having a shop do it if it's a reasonable price. It seemed like every single bolt on my car was cross threaded, the entire length of the screw required 100% of my effort to turn. The upper control arm was a pain to get back in The suspension is sitting roughly at 38.5" in aero mode in all 4 corners. And 41.5" in OR2.

WhiteRiver

Reaction score
I went with Nitto Ridge Grapplers in a 275/65R20 size on the factory wheels. They measure 34.09" and there is zero rubbing without trimming.

What size tire did you go with? Any rubbing or trimming?

Last edited:

RamLife

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me why this won’t work on the air suspension?

Attachments

• 8185EBAB-35DC-44EB-92D3-0C2FE60DA3FC.png
    8185EBAB-35DC-44EB-92D3-0C2FE60DA3FC.png
    319.6 KB · Views: 73

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you look in this Thread there's some good info.

The first picture shows how the link connects to the UCA, which would be missing in the kit you're looking at.

Jordan3206 in another thread used aftermarket tubular steel UCA and drilled in his own Ball Studs for the links... a novel approach I'm strongly considering at some point if the aftermarket doesn't make something similar first.

clinecs

Reaction score
So I finally pulled the trigger on the BDS 4" Lift. I also upgraded to some new XD 20" Rims with the Nitto Ridge Grappler in 35's. No rubing w/ the 35's. Definitely a little higher than I expected at the normal 3 position on the air ride, but not to big of a deal. Will work on some better pics. After Pic.jpg Before Pic.jpg

cwirth42

Reaction score
So I finally pulled the trigger on the BDS 4" Lift. I also upgraded to some new XD 20" Rims with the Nitto Ridge Grappler in 35's. No rubing w/ the 35's. Definitely a little higher than I expected at the normal 3 position on the air ride, but not to big of a deal. Will work on some better pics. View attachment 51345 View attachment 51346
What is the offset on the XD rims? Love that look!

Jordan3206

Reaction score
If you look in this Thread there's some good info.

The first picture shows how the link connects to the UCA, which would be missing in the kit you're looking at.

Jordan3206 in another thread used aftermarket tubular steel UCA and drilled in his own Ball Studs for the links... a novel approach I'm strongly considering at some point if the aftermarket doesn't make something similar first.
My control arms have been perfect. No noise and perform great.

recon15

Reaction score
So I finally pulled the trigger on the BDS 4" Lift. I also upgraded to some new XD 20" Rims with the Nitto Ridge Grappler in 35's. No rubing w/ the 35's. Definitely a little higher than I expected at the normal 3 position on the air ride, but not to big of a deal. Will work on some better pics. View attachment 51345 View attachment 51346
Looks great, would love to see some more pics. Would you say it drops about 2mpg?

Todd1500

Reaction score
Does your truck have the air suspension?

Kewlwhip

Reaction score
Which BDS kit did you buy? I looked on their website and it doesn’t show a lift kit that is air ride compatible.

Users who are viewing this thread