5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 1500 - any news?

joepaiii

Reaction score
Ouch. At least it’s covered under warranty. I’m happy that I bought an extended warranty.

Yes - I bought the extended warranty as well. Coming from a Hyundai sedan which was pretty reliable and we have a Honda minivan. Love the limited , the ADAS stuff, the interior all sold me on it. Plus getting over 18k of MSRP helped as well.

I do wonder which forum is the best to talk about the advanced driving stuff. I think the adaptive cruise works great but the lane keep assist is questionable.... wondering what others think.

DraKhen99

Reaction score
Yes - I bought the extended warranty as well. Coming from a Hyundai sedan which was pretty reliable and we have a Honda minivan. Love the limited , the ADAS stuff, the interior all sold me on it. Plus getting over 18k of MSRP helped as well.

I do wonder which forum is the best to talk about the advanced driving stuff. I think the adaptive cruise works great but the lane keep assist is questionable.... wondering what others think.

Not to derail this thread too far, but give it time. My LKA was spotty at best, and seems to have gotten better as the miles pile on - almost like it's learning, which it may be doing.

Feel free to start a thread (if you haven't already, I'm viewing this thread from an email, not the Forum listing) about your questions. Lots of knowledgeable folks here!

-John

Jims380da

Reaction score
Anyone hear of any changes or additions to the 2020 1500? Colors?

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If this helps any I tried to order a 2019 Laramie yesterday in blue streak and was told the ordering window for blue streak was closed as of last week so they are starting to wrap up 2019 production. Now to wait and see what 2020 brings. Sucks as Blue streak should have matched my Chevy SS sedan perfectly.

I bought a new 2014 Chevrolet SS sedan the first year they came out. Mine was Red Hot 2 with both available options (sunroof and full size spare tire). Sold it at 3000 miles because wife didn't like that we couldn't drive it in the snow (Buffalo, NY snow)! It was a great vehicle, otherwise. Based on the blue color, I'm guessing you have a 2015 (Perfect Blue Metallic)?

DSCN0848.JPG

JeepTech

Reaction score
I bought a new 2014 Chevrolet SS sedan the first year they came out. Mine was Red Hot 2 with both available options (sunroof and full size spare tire). Sold it at 3000 miles because wife didn't like that we couldn't drive it in the snow (Buffalo, NY snow)! It was a great vehicle, otherwise. Based on the blue color, I'm guessing you have a 2015 (Perfect Blue Metallic)?

View attachment 28663
2017 Slipstream blue.

Attachments

• 20190101_192702.jpg
    20190101_192702.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 55

JeepTech

Reaction score
Ok, ordering sheets being a little vague but as of now its basic colors(no new or two tone at this time). Colors are silver, white, Delmonico red, black, ivory tri coat, max steel, and patriot blue. No new packages or changes at this time other then bed step is in Bed utility group now.

Jims380da

Reaction score
Ok, ordering sheets being a little vague but as of now its basic colors(no new or two tone at this time). Colors are silver, white, Delmonico red, black, ivory tri coat, max steel, and patriot blue. No new packages or changes at this time other then bed step is in Bed utility group now.

Any mention of the "blackout pkg." offered on other colors than black?

JeepTech

Reaction score
Any mention of the "blackout pkg." offered on other colors than black?
Not at this time as ordering banks just opened. Im giving it a few weeks until RAM updates their site with the 2020 info or at least does a press release to let us know whats coming for 2020.

I really wanted a Blue Streak Laramie but by the time I tried to order they had closed orders for blue streak. Waiting to see what else may come out in the near future before I just get something plain and end up wrapping it.

Last edited:

Jims380da

Reaction score
Not at this time as ordering banks just opened. Im giving it a few weeks until RAM updates their site with the 2020 info or at least does a press release to let us know whats coming for 2020.

I really wanted a Blue Streak Laramie but by the time I tried to order they had closed orders for blue streak. Waiting to see what else may come out in the near future before I just get something plain and end up wrapping it.

Im looking on ordering one as my lease has already expired. Do you suggest me waiting a bit? thanks

JeepTech

Reaction score
Im looking on ordering one as my lease has already expired. Do you suggest me waiting a bit? thanks
I honestly dont think they will change much if any. Possible they may run some sort of black appearance package(insert fancy name) for other colors than black or some other thing to draw interest mid 2020 or 2021. If you are ok with the base colors then I see no need to wait, can get split tailgate now. There wont be any big changes for a few years to come. I am personally waiting as I am not in need of a new truck(more of a want/wife is sick of old truck) and I am willing to wait for a different color.

rrbhokies

Reaction score
Do you have to go into a dealership and work with a salesman to see the online ordering, or is this something you can do yourself online?

ramhead

Reaction score
Do you have to go into a dealership and work with a salesman to see the online ordering, or is this something you can do yourself online?

Dealership to order, no other way.....but you can "build your Ram" on the Ram site (adding the options you want), print out and take to dealer to initiate the ordering process.

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
As others have mentioned you will have to go into dealership to actually place order. Here is the website to building your own truck; it is not updated with the 2020 as of a few minutes ago----

JeepTech

Reaction score
I am talking about the dealer order screens(going to dealer and talking with sales). Ramtrucks.com has not been updated yet for 2020 models yet and most likely wont until end of July / August.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As others have mentioned you will have to go into dealership to actually place order. Here is the website to building your own truck; it is not updated with the 2020 as of a few minutes ago----

Not updated and still doesn't let you choose an EcoDiesel or the Multi-Function Tailgate.

Can dealers order a '20 with the EcoDiesel yet?

ramhead

Reaction score
Despite what others are posting, FCA 2020 orders are not being accepted yet....dealers may be bringing people in and getting info on what to order (from what I've heard, no changes for the 2020 model other than the 3.0 l Eco diesel which would be a simple order addition/swap) and will then have a stack of orders to process when ordering opens but as of yet, no dice. I was told originally around mid July it will open up.

Last edited:

JoeEcodiesel

Reaction score
Despite what others are posting, FCA 2020 orders are not being accepted yet....dealers may be bringing people in and getting info on what to order (from what I've heard, no changes for the 2020 model other than the 3.0 l Eco diesel which would be a simple order addition/swap) and will then have a stack of orders to process when ordering opens but as of yet, no dice. I was told originally around mid July it will open up.
All of my local dealerships are only taking orders for 2020

Users who are viewing this thread