5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 1500 - any news?

rockerdan

Reaction score
Agree, the night editions looks terrible with the black grill and brow. Most guys want body color grill/brow with the darkened lights, badges and wheels. I had been waiting for the night editions to arrive and now very disappointed.

I hope Ram will allow for adding of the black wheels individually then. Otherwise we will have to keep doing our own customizing.

It does make me wonder, if they may allow for the sport appearance (grills/brow/bumpers) package to be added on top of the night edition package? That would fix this issue albeit most certainly drive up the cost.

Dan

SoCADesertRat

Reaction score
Dan, In reading the Dealer Ordering Guide dated 7-15-19 for the 2020 Laramie 1500, the Night Edition (ASH) shows that compared to the Sport Appearance Package (AEF) the Night Edition maintains the door handles, exterior power mirrors and bumpers as Body Color. The grill is listed as all black (3 black texture and 2 black. Hope this helps.

Jims380da

Reaction score
Dan, In reading the Dealer Ordering Guide dated 7-15-19 for the 2020 Laramie 1500, the Night Edition (ASH) shows that compared to the Sport Appearance Package (AEF) the Night Edition maintains the door handles, exterior power mirrors and bumpers as Body Color. The grill is listed as all black (3 black texture and 2 black. Hope this helps.

I ordered a black night edition, think it will be all same color black? Now you guys got me worried

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Douglas31

Reaction score
Has anyone checked with a dealer to see if the limited with the black appearance package is actually able to be ordered?

SoCADesertRat

Reaction score
Jim, since you ordered black as your paint color, I presume that your vehicle will be all black -- since what I listed as "Body Color" will in fact be black along with all of the black specifically included in the Night Edition Package, both in the interior and exterior. The only exception might be if you ordered 22 inch wheels instead of the 20's. The 22's are listed as "Forged Aluminum" with no mention as to their color or finish.

Jims380da

Reaction score
Jim, since you ordered black as your paint color, I presume that your vehicle will be all black -- since what I listed as "Body Color" will in fact be black along with all of the black specifically included in the Night Edition Package, both in the interior and exterior. The only exception might be if you ordered 22 inch wheels instead of the 20's. The 22's are listed as "Forged Aluminum" with no mention as to their color or finish.

I actually ordered the crystal black. I just figured everything would be painted that color.

Douglas31

Reaction score
There is a black appearance package, separate from the night package, shown for the limited now. However, it also says on the various sites showing the order options to check with dealer on availability. Didn’t know if anyone had looked into it yet.

Douglas31

Reaction score
I ordered a black night edition, think it will be all same color black? Now you guys got me worried

It will all be the same as the current black editions. The only difference I can find is the Laramie wheels will be all black instead of the granite crystal with some polished edges. BF9EBC4A-831A-4B6F-BC3B-27512C08ECDB.png

Jims380da

Reaction score
It will all be the same as the current black editions. The only difference I can find is the Laramie wheels will be all black instead of the granite crystal with some polished edges. View attachment 32784

I like those wheels much better on a black truck. Any other photos of that truck??

Last edited:

rockerdan

Reaction score
I was leaning towards another Granite Crystal Metallic like I have now or going white. But I really want the body color grills/bumpers this time round but with the black wheels. I wish they would allow us to add the black wheels to any package. Just not a fan of the black grill/brow. I do love the all black edition but swore I would never own another black truck!

Dan

rrbhokies

Reaction score
I was leaning towards another Granite Crystal Metallic like I have now or going white. But I really want the body color grills/bumpers this time round but with the black wheels. I wish they would allow us to add the black wheels to any package. Just not a fan of the black grill/brow. I do love the all black edition but swore I would never own another black truck!

Dan
I have a 2019 Laramie Sport that came with the base wheels. I hate them, but I think they would look better in black. I'm considering just plasti-dipping them or having them powder coated. I can't see spending more on a brand new set of rims. I seriously doubt I'd get much for my stock rims. Cheaper to just have them painted.
20190626_201738.jpg

rockerdan

Reaction score
Does anyone know, what the cost of the brow section cost, and the cost of a grill would cost? Also I wonder if they come in body color(pre-painted) from the factory when ordered.

This Granite Crystal Metallic looks really nice, If it was not too costly to buy a brow and grill in body color, that would be a way to go.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 24.jpg

SP1772

Reaction score
The black unibrow above the grill, to me, looks like a handlebar mustache. Once you see it, you will never unsee it. Don’t like it.

rockerdan

Reaction score
The black unibrow above the grill, to me, looks like a handlebar mustache. Once you see it, you will never unsee it. Don’t like it.
I agree 100%. That brow all black looks odd...It makes me wonder who is on the design team? I prefer the entire grill/brow all body color for sure. On the dark colors like the one I posted above, its not as bad as a white color, where it really stands out.

Maybe if we make enough stink about the look of the night edition, they will come up with some way of making it different.

It seems to me most guy are darkening their wheels, badges and lights ect....but I believe most want body color(or chrome) grills. All they have to do is allow for the sport appearance package to change the grills to body color when ordering both packages.

Otherwise they could allow for black wheels to be added alone, but that would not bring all the badges and lights ect. Grrrr.

I have been searching for body parts online, really nothing found so far. I would think if ordered they would arrive in whatever body color(pre-painted) you order, however they may very well arrive primed and need painting. I went the route of painting a grill and bumper once in the past, and it ended up not doing well over time from bugs, stone chips ect ect....So I would not want to get into painting the front parts, even when done by a reputable paint shop.

Dan

rockerdan

Reaction score
I see alot more '20s now online showing up. I have noticed the ones with body color grill/bumpers ect(Sport Appearance) now have a "sport" sticker on side/rear of truck. Not a big fan really, but likely easily removed vinyl. Sorta cheapens the truck IMO.

Dan Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 11.44.35 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 11.45.32 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 11.46.14 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 11.48.12 AM.png

rrbhokies

Reaction score
I would prefer they do like they have on The Canadian Sports with the black badging on the tailagate: You can get these OEM badges on ebay for around $40.

Or at the very least, something maybe a little more attractive of a decal like this:

Adrianp89

Reaction score
Any insight when the builder is up? Would love to get a Sport optioned Limited if my Lemon Process goes through.

Users who are viewing this thread