2020 1500 - any news?

Reaction score

brewdad

Reaction score
According to autoblog website, the standard hemi engine is no longer available on Limited and Longhorn trims--only eTorque hemi.

Jims380da

Reaction score
According to autoblog website, the standard hemi engine is no longer available on Limited and Longhorn trims--only eTorque hemi.
I believe this is true. I ordered a Laramie and could only get the hemi with eTorque. Factory rep told dealer that's the only way they are building with hemi currently.

tpetty

Reaction score
That site is interesting, but I'm not sure how accurate it is. I can't find the multi-function tail gate listed anywhere as an option.

diamondmi

Reaction score
That site is interesting, but I'm not sure how accurate it is. I can't find the multi-function tailgate listed anywhere as an option.
Seems maybe at best a half baked reference. They don't have the Laramie Longhorn and when you select, for instance, the bed utility group and then select the off-road group, it then unselects the bed utility group. It also will do that when selecting other options like the 33-gallon tank. Can't wait for them to change the Ramtrucks website.

THudson

Reaction score
Level 2 package seems to be what triggers eTorque Hemi on Laramie. I was able to go through order screen for a Laramie quad cab with the non eTorque but couldn’t select level 2 or advanced safety. My sales rep is going to try to get some feedback from factory on whether this is permanent.

Jims380da

Reaction score
Level 2 package seems to be what triggers eTorque Hemi on Laramie. I was able to go through order screen for a Laramie quad cab with the non eTorque but couldn’t select level 2 or advanced safety. My sales rep is going to try to get some feedback from factory on whether this is permanent.
I was told for the “foreseeable future”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBQBrew01

Reaction score
You don’t have to get the eTorque. I ordered a 2020 a week ago and my dealership just confirmed that I will have the standard HEMI with Level 2 Equipment and Advanced Safety in my Laramie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jims380da

Reaction score
You don’t have to get the eTorque. I ordered a 2020 a week ago and my dealership just confirmed that I will have the standard HEMI with Level 2 Equipment and Advanced Safety in my Laramie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I wish my dealer told me that. Too late now anyway. Was just told just was built already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tpetty

Reaction score
I'm going to have to wait to order one until 2020s are the more "normal" buy, I guess. I was just looking at the pennfed $1000 rebate - which I can get - and noticed it is still only good for 2019. I will wait until the various specialized rebates start covering 2020 models.

SCasey89

Reaction score
The only thing about these Night Editions that I would change is the "unibrow" color. I'd rather have it body-color, rather than black. There's something that is throwing me off on the front end, and I think that's it.

Biga

Reaction score
The only thing about these Night Editions that I would change is the "unibrow" color. I'd rather have it body-color, rather than black. There's something that is throwing me off on the front end, and I think that's it.
Yes, I agree although I would like the grill surround body color too like the Canadian Sport.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)