5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 vs. 2020 RAM 1500

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They do offer it that way...OffRoad Group is a Rebel for every trim.

Rebel is a custom truck from the factory...a trip back to the former Adult Toys by Dodge. Macho Powerwagons, Lil Red Express, Warlock, StreetVan, Macho Ramchargers and Traildusters,

The Rebel is definitely a stand alone trim...rumored to soon be a standalone subbrand(like SRT), but things are always changing.

ESSRTEE8

Reaction score
I have an CUSTOMER PREFERRED CODE GUIDE in my hands. New option for limited that stands out is the Black Appearance Package.

Don't think you could get it on 2019 Limited.

Includes the Following:

BLACK APPEARANCE PACKAGE (ALC)M/H APA; M/H PXJ; M/H -X9; ; N/A W/APD
"RAM" GRILLE BADGE - BLACK (ME6)
19 SPKR HARMAN KARDON PREM. SOUND (RCA)
20" FULL SIZE ALUMINUM SPARE WHEEL (W1J)
20X9.0 CAST ALUMINUM BLACK WHEELS (WRW) - W/AWL
22X9.0 BLACK ALUMINUM WHEELS (WP9)
285/45R22XL BSW ALL SEASON TIRES (TY4)
BLACK DAY LIGHT OPENING MOLDINGS (MMR)
BLACK EXTERIOR BADGING - TRUCKS (M17)
BLACK HEADLAMP BEZELS (MFA)
BODY COLOR DOOR HANDLES (MNK)
BODY COLOR EXTERIOR MIRRORS (LEP)
BODY COLOR FRONT BUMPER (MBP)
BODY COLOR PREMIUM POWER MIRRORS (GT5)
BODY COLOR REAR BUMPER W/STEP PADS (MBQ)
DUAL EXHAUST WITH BLACK TIPS (NEP)
GRILLE-SURR 5 BLACK TEXTURE 7 CHROME (MF6)
SPORT PERFORMANCE HOOD (MGB)
TOW HOOKS (XEA)
TRI-FOLD TONNEAU COVER (CS7)

BODY COLOR BUMPER GROUP (ALN)ONLY 1: ALN OR ASB

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Seems like they should just ditch the Rebel trim level and, instead, offer a Rebel package that you could get on any of the other trim levels. E.g. a Laramie Rebel, or a Limited Rebel, or whatever.

I would agree if it ended up looking like the Rebel. I probably wouldn't have bought any of the other RAM models if the Rebel didn't exist, I really liked the way it looked.

The Rebel is really to compete against the off-road biased packages from GM (The Trail Boss) and Toyota (TRD Pro) and to a much lesser extend, Ford's Raptor.

The off road equipment and interior/exterior cosmetic package is important for this trim. Not sure how the Limited model would look with 33" tires for example. Though the rest of the ORP of the Rebel would probably fit in well.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I have an CUSTOMER PREFERRED CODE GUIDE in my hands. New option for limited that stands out is the Black Appearance Package.

Includes the Following:

TOW HOOKS (XEA)

Sweet... Very exciting and about friggin time they did this.

Utahjazzman

Reaction score

Includes the Following:

TOW HOOKS (XEA)

I assume this is only offered in black exterior paint?

ESSRTEE8

Reaction score
The guide doesn't say which colors. Also no 5.7 Hemi, only ETorque.

DavidNJ

Reaction score
I posted the 2020 Fleet guide a few days ago: https://www.fcausfleet.com/content/...ochures-literature/docs/2020-Buyer'sGuide.pdf

The Ram 1500 starts on page 111.

The is a black package on the Limited a few other changes on other models through option package. Nothing significant. I'm guessing they are holding back to MY2021 or MY2022 to counter improvements at Ford.

To me, the big disappointments are the trailer towing mirrors, lack of trailer towing camera integration (both are on the Ram 2500, although GM does the cameras better), the missing power steering column adjustment (in lots of other FCA products).

Pricing has moved around a little, the biggest change being the eTorque Hemi is now $2000 and the Longhorn and Limited when down (don't know about the others).

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Should I Have Waited To Buy A 2020 Ram 1500?

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Should I Have Waited To Buy A 2020 Ram 1500?

The real question for me is if they fixed the AC issues...which I doubt as they have not admitted to any issues yet.

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The real question for me is if they fixed the AC issues...which I doubt as they have not admitted to any issues yet.

I have yet to have any problems like many of you have on here with my 2019 yet. I know many people are complaining. But I ran the A/C on the trucks and everything worked great at full blast and what not.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We have had some days in the mid and upper 90s around here since I got my truck. My AC has worked fine for me at all times.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have yet to have any problems like many of you have on here with my 2019 yet. I know many people are complaining. But I ran the A/C on the trucks and everything worked great at full blast and what not.

Thanks for the feedback...I don't see where you list your location. What kind of temps have you had? Anything closet to 100 with high humidity?

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback...I don't see where you list your location. What kind of temps have you had? Anything closet to 100 with high humidity?
I'm not him, but I've had no problems with my AC in the DC area. We've had extended periods this summer with temps in the 90s and high humidity. When my truck's been baking in the sun, usually I do the remote start a couple minutes before getting in and it's quite pleasant by the time I get in. I usually keep the AC set on low with a fan speed of 3-4, though I will kick it up to 4-5 when the thermometer approaches 100. It's not an icebox, but I love cold AC (unlike my wife, I'm pretty sure she's part lizard and would happily spend her days sunning on a rock) and have had no complaints with mine so far.

DraKhen99

Reaction score
I'm not him, but I've had no problems with my AC in the DC area. We've had extended periods this summer with temps in the 90s and high humidity. When my truck's been baking in the sun, usually I do the remote start a couple minutes before getting in and it's quite pleasant by the time I get in. I usually keep the AC set on low with a fan speed of 3-4, though I will kick it up to 4-5 when the thermometer approaches 100. It's not an icebox, but I love cold AC (unlike my wife, I'm pretty sure she's part lizard and would happily spend her days sunning on a rock) and have had no complaints with mine so far.

I'm in the DC area too, and it's been brutal this summer! My truck's A/C doesn't get as cold as a Classic I drove last week, or my wife's Escape, but it's definitely OK. Keeps me from sweating. 2 days of 90-95 with high humidity here today and tomorrow, we'll see how it feels in my truck going home.

-John

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I guess I should give this disclaimer about my last post: I got ceramic window tinting shortly after I got my truck. All around except for the windshield. I have no sunroof. I think that has helped a lot to keep my truck from getting too hot.

But still, I set my AC on Auto, at 69F. There have been plenty of times when it's gotten too cold for me in the cab and I've turned it up to 72 or 74.

Users who are viewing this thread