5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 vs. 2020 RAM 1500

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pretty much perfect explanation.
I also bought my truck for the ride, interior, and features, and while not as quick as the EB, the Hemi is no slouch and has plenty of power to move our trucks in my opinion.
...and the exhaust note of the Hemi sounds sooo much better than a turbo'd V6. ;)

The Hemi isn't having to leverage newer tech, like GDI and turbos. It won't surprise me if the Hemi has the advantage for longevity.

PostPremium

Reaction score
A brown/tan interior option on the 2020 limited would be nice. The current all black or frost/indigo options don't have broad appeal IMO.

art20

Reaction score
Does anyone know if FCA will update the exterior colors for 2020 on the Limited as well as more choices of interior colors? Offering only black and frost kinda limits your marketing. Last thing...any word on when the 6'4" bed will come with the optional RAMBOX CARGO MANAGEMENT SYSTEM for 2020 now that they revamp the other plant. If so, when will it begin production and out to the dealers.

E.Hands

Reaction score
Does anyone know if FCA will update the exterior colors for 2020 on the Limited as well as more choices of interior colors? Offering only black and frost kinda limits your marketing. Last thing...any word on when the 6'4" bed will come with the optional RAMBOX CARGO MANAGEMENT SYSTEM for 2020 now that they revamp the other plant. If so, when will it begin production and out to the dealers.
Great questions, I am wondering the same things.

PostPremium

Reaction score
I'm kinda surprised they even have a frost/indigo interior. I know some here have it and love it, but most I talk to find the color polarizing and not appealing. I feel like a brown/tan or gray interior option would have much broader appeal.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm kinda surprised they even have a frost/indigo interior. I know some here have it and love it, but most I talk to find the color polarizing and not appealing. I feel like a brown/tan or gray interior option would have much broader appeal.
I remember seeing one in the showroom back in April 2018. It looked fantastic under the lights with a Maximum Steel exterior. But there was no dissuading me from ordering a Longhorn after sitting in one with the black / saddle interior at the Dallas Auto Show.

DraKhen99

Reaction score

I think the I/F interior looks darned good! It was towards the top of the "must have" list of options, especially because it was $0 cost. I love the interior of my truck. I drove 2 RAMs, both Billet Silver. One with the black interior, one with the I/F. I much prefer the I/F, and to me it looks like a 1980s Mercedes color scheme.

-John

Longhorn

Reaction score
I remember seeing one in the showroom back in April 2018. It looked fantastic under the lights with a Maximum Steel exterior. But there was no dissuading me from ordering a Longhorn after sitting in one with the black / saddle interior at the Dallas Auto Show.

Agreed. Black/saddle is the best looking interior color.

Longhorn

Reaction score
Too bad you can’t have both the rambox and the new split tail gate together.....

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, the configurator is wrong. It is absolutley available on RAMBOX. The configurator is still making 2wd trucks pick a V6 as well, and even the HD configurator is wrong with many of its options and packages.

Unless something happened in the past few days...they have and are building RamBox with multifunction tailgate...then I stand corrected.

DraKhen99

Reaction score
It gives me the same 80s feel. I just don't dig it. To each their own.

And that right there, my friend, is why they offer it. Sounds to me like RAM's mentality is, If you like the Saddle/Black, go get a Longhorn. If you like I/F, get a Limited. If you like Black, get either.

-John

Jagertank390d

Reaction score
The Rambox and split tailgate are available together. TFLTruck just posted a video on YouTube today with both of those options on a Longhorn. Plus it had the new ecodiesel.

art20

Reaction score
Yeah... I found this stating that on RAMS build and price website for 2019. Don't get me wrong or anything....I like the Limited but just don't care for the Indigo/Frost Interior color or just the straight-up black leather color. I would think that a vehicle with the "Limited" badge would have more options for the interior and a special stitching that make the interior leather "POP" like the did for the Longhorn. Guess I'll have to wait until next months price and build for the 2020 models.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Rebel related wants (for me): Front view camera, split tailgate (confirmed), option for NOT having a red interior, driver seat adjustment memory (I’m needy).

Seems like they should just ditch the Rebel trim level and, instead, offer a Rebel package that you could get on any of the other trim levels. E.g. a Laramie Rebel, or a Limited Rebel, or whatever.

DraKhen99

Reaction score
Seems like they should just ditch the Rebel trim level and, instead, offer a Rebel package that you could get on any of the other trim levels. E.g. a Laramie Rebel, or a Limited Rebel, or whatever.

That's what Ford did with their FX4 (off-road tires/skid plates/unique shocks) package... for 2009-2014, it was a separate trim level. In 2015, it became an option package available on most trim levels. Also IIRC, it was not available on their Limited trim level.

With the special interior treatment and the other goodies, it makes sense to me to keep it as a separate trim level. If you want some of the Rebel goodies, order the Off-Road Group for the tires/skid plates.

-John

Users who are viewing this thread