5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Rebel Tire Pressure

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just sold my wheels to a guy with a 2019 Laramie and he runs 36psi on his regular tires and said his TPMS light isn't on. Is it just the Rebels that require 55 in front and 45 in the rear? If so, that's so stupid. Also, yes I like the typing while moving function on the Tazer as well...sounds like we use the same things on it. Too bad they don't make a cheaper one with the few basic options that are actually used..lol

I ran 55 in the front of my 2500 (Cummins is heavy) and 45 in the rear (Dana 80 and frame is heavier in the 2500’s). I run 38frt and 36 rear on my 1500 with 34” E rated tires. 10,000 miles on them and perfect wear.

hammer722

Reaction score
Ok. Completely missed the fact that you and a lot of comments are for non rebel rams.....Checked my door (yes I have a rebel) and it is 55 in front and 45 in the rear. Lowered them to 50 all around and it does ride softer but too soft up front. Going to bump it back to 55 and see.

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Rebel or non rebel has no bearing on the facts. The only difference between rebel and non rebel in the discussion is that the rebel comes with E rated 275/70/18’s and the non rebels come with P rated. However many of us are running E rated tires on non rebel trucks. The weight is the weight regardless of the Rebel insignia. Obviously run whatever you want to on your truck, I don’t even know why FCA thinks you need 55 psi in a E rated tire that’s on a 1/2 ton truck, makes no sense. I’ve ran E rated tires in 275/70/18 on Tundras, F-150’s and 2500 Rams (2 of them) and I can tell you that a half ton sub 6000 lb truck does not need that much air in those tires.

hammer722

Reaction score
Rebel or non rebel has no bearing on the facts. The only difference between rebel and non rebel in the discussion is that the rebel comes with E rated 275/70/18’s and the non rebels come with P rated. However many of us are running E rated tires on non rebel trucks. The weight is the weight regardless of the Rebel insignia. Obviously run whatever you want to on your truck, I don’t even know why FCA thinks you need 55 psi in a E rated tire that’s on a 1/2 ton truck, makes no sense. I’ve ran E rated tires in 275/70/18 on Tundras, F-150’s and 2500 Rams (2 of them) and I can tell you that a half ton sub 6000 lb truck does not need that much air in those tires.

Filled them back up to 55 and yes the ride is a little harsher but still great for a truck. After a 1.5 days @ 45 psi, i don't know how you can drive on 38. Yes a softer ride but also saw my mpg drop (not a ton but still noticeable).

Dustytrader

Reaction score
Filled them back up to 55 and yes the ride is a little harsher but still great for a truck. After a 1.5 days @ 45 psi, i don't know how you can drive on 38. Yes a softer ride but also saw my mpg drop (not a ton but still noticeable).
Like I said, to each their own. I don't buy the gas mileage thing or that the ride is too soft at 45...I've sold hundreds of tires in my earlier lifetime and know a few things about them. If you're happy with 55, by all means run that amount. I'm just posting that it is not needed for a truck of this weight and there's no facts out there that have proven different

STR

Reaction score
65 psi all around on my newly delivered Rebel. I dropped it down to the recommended 55/45 and the ride is a lot smoother with less bounce, which is a positive.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
65 psi all around on my newly delivered Rebel. I dropped it down to the recommended 55/45 and the ride is a lot smoother with less bounce, which is a positive.

Mine also were around the 65psi mark, they put higher pressure in them for transport. I can run mine at 50/40 without activating the warning and it runs a lot smoother.

SD Rebel

Reaction score

Typical dealership lack of detail :)

As 2019 Rebel mentioned, it's done on purpose to protect the tires from flat spotting for sometimes sitting for months on a lot. They are supposed to bring them down before delivery, but they usually forget.

STR

Reaction score
^^^ Drop the rear 15psi more to the recommended 45psi and you‘ll enjoy your ride more. Especially when corning on uneven or rough surfaces. The rear will feel more planted.

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Might just be a tire wear thing but... since it's warmed up and my tire pressures have increased, I'm finding the tire noise is less to where it's barely perceivable on the highway.

I have pressures set to about 52/42 earlier this month, but it was still unseasonably cold (40's and 50's). Yesterday it was 75 and my pressures were 61/50 respectively.

Just an interesting anecdote I think.

STR

Reaction score
^^^ Yes, tire pressure definitely increases and decreases with temperature. When adding air, always make sure the tires are cool for a better reading.

KOOPS

Reaction score
My 2020 Ram Rebel had 65psi on all four corners from the dealership. I just aired them down to 55 front, and 45 rear per my doorjam stickers. Although, I thought the ride was actually quite nice with the 65psi LOL.

20200523_195206.jpg 20200523_195153.jpg

STR

Reaction score
^^^ The roads are crap around here, and it made an difference. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised. I was (y)

Rogues Gambit

Reaction score
^^^ Drop the rear 15psi more to the recommended 45psi and you‘ll enjoy your ride more. Especially when corning on uneven or rough surfaces. The rear will feel more planted.

I'll give it a shot, already feels pretty solid though as it is

sirbojangles

Reaction score
What are you running for pressure? Been meaning to play around with mine for a better ride. I have the Tazer DT so I can adjust when the tpms alert kicks in
i have the tazor dt as well and wondering what I should set the tpms alarts to. What did you set yours to. Right mow on your truck I’m running nitto ridge grapplers 33x12.50x20 right now my tires pressure are set to 50 all around I need to change that. Try going with 55/45 or 50/40

Rsone 11

Reaction score
I’m a running 35x12.50r18 12 ply Nitto ridge grapplers and I have the psi set to 38 cold all around and I’m contemplating selling the tires which only have 1,000 miles on them and getting a set of all terrains 10plys to soften up ride amd not hear plastics inside truck rattle everytime I’m driving. Does anyone recommend lowering the psi even more to possibly low 30’s to soften ride ? Also will it be safe to drive like that ? I use the truck for road trips with my family and my many concern is safety and comfort.

Scram1500

Reaction score
I’m a running 35x12.50r18 12 ply Nitto ridge grapplers and I have the psi set to 38 cold all around and I’m contemplating selling the tires which only have 1,000 miles on them and getting a set of all terrains 10plys to soften up ride amd not hear plastics inside truck rattle everytime I’m driving. Does anyone recommend lowering the psi even more to possibly low 30’s to soften ride ? Also will it be safe to drive like that ? I use the truck for road trips with my family and my many concern is safety and comfort.
I had my Defenders at 30 for a while checking the ride, no ill effects. Check the tire pressure after driving for a bit, if they get to 34 psi or under from cold a 30 you should be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread