5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Rebel Tire Pressure

Justbry

Reaction score
I took delivery of my Rebel around Mid June and have put around 600 miles on it so far. Last night I was fooling around with all the gadgets and information, noticed my tire pressure was reading 69 on all four tires. Seems high, I’m thinking the dealer may have overinflated the tires to keep from getting flat spots while sitting on their lot and forgot to deflate them. What should be the proper pressure?

SynAckuL

Reaction score
Mine are 65 all around. Also, check the inflation guidelines on your tire and on the inside of the driver's side door jamb.

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Even 65 seems really high. For example on the same LT275/70/18 tires on my ram 2500 diesel I ran 60 in the fronts and 50 in the rears when empty. A guy has to realize what the tire is max rated for and then calculate how much air needs to be in the tires for the actual weight of their vehicle. For example if a single GY Dura trac tire is rated at 3640 max , that one tire can carry more than the entire rear of your truck weighs at 80 psi. Personally I’d be running like 55 in the fronts abd 45 in the tears and see how it feels. The more air pressure the rougher the ride. Even at 40 psi you are exceeding the necessary load carrying capacity of you tires for what our trucks weigh. Check out this Toyo load and psi chart to give you an idea , keeping in mind our trucks weigh less than 6000 lbs

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Go with what the sticker on the door jamb says. It’s there for a reason.

Negative, door jambs are for manufacturer legal protection against idiots. If you want a smoother ride adjust the pressures in relation to your vehicles weight as needed. No way in hell that truck should have 60 psi in any of the tires , it’s just too much!

****unless your towing a heavy trailer, then adjust up as needed.*****

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Negative, door jambs are for manufacturer legal protection against idiots. If you want a smoother ride adjust the pressures in relation to your vehicles weight as needed. No way in hell that truck should have 60 psi in any of the tires , it’s just too much!

****unless your towing a heavy trailer, then adjust up as needed.*****
I seriously doubt the door jamb sticker calls for 65. It should be more like 32-36.

Cheers,

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
My rebel door jamb sticker calls for 55 front 45 rear
That’s more reasonable. I’ll stick by my ealier comment. Follow MFG recommendations. They’re there for a reason, not just for ‘legal protection’... :rolleyes:

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My rebel door jamb sticker calls for 55 front 45 rear
That’s what I recommended earlier he start at, but you can go lower to improve the ride and still be well within carrying capacity. The problem you might have is the TPMS light coming on. With everything being government mandated these days you don’t have the flexibility to use logic. That door jamb sticker covers from the lightest load to the same truck at max capacity. No way I’m driving around empty with the same pressures I’d run towing a heavy trailer. But to each his own.

B-Rebel

Reaction score
That’s what I recommended earlier he start at, but you can go lower to improve the ride and still be well within carrying capacity. The problem you might have is the TPMS light coming on. With everything being government mandated these days you don’t have the flexibility to use logic. That door jamb sticker covers from the lightest load to the same truck at max capacity. No way I’m driving around empty with the same pressures I’d run towing a heavy trailer. But to each his own.
What are you running for pressure? Been meaning to play around with mine for a better ride. I have the Tazer DT so I can adjust when the tpms alert kicks in

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I don’t have a Rebel but I’ve been running the same size tires on 3 different trucks for the last 10 years. Half tons with E rated tires ride so much better empty when the tire pressures are set correctly. Nothing worse than a E rated 10 ply tire with too much air pressure on a light pick up. You need to experiment with it til you like the ride and feel best. Start st 55-45 and go down to 50-40, then 45/35 or whatever increment. You’ll feel the ride difference, especially on rough stretches or cracks in roads,etc

Last edited:

Caballonegro

Reaction score
My sticker on my door sill says 36 PSi and my truck was running 45 from the dealer, don't why. I run my tires at 38 for all my cars, that is my favorite PSI. Mine is not a rebel though.

Last edited:

SynAckuL

Reaction score
Door jam says 55 PSI front, 45 PSI rear. Tires are filled at 55+ on my vehicle by dealership. Tires read max load of 3640 lbs at 80 PSI cold.

Attachments

• 20190714_175700.jpg
    20190714_175700.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 202
  • 20190714_175730.jpg
    20190714_175730.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 208
  • 20190714_175810.jpg
    20190714_175810.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 184

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Door jam says 55 PSI front, 45 PSI rear. Tires are filled at 55+ on my vehicle by dealership. Tires read max load of 3640 lbs at 80 PSI cold.

Looking at your TPMS screen I can only imagine the ride of your truck has to be rough. That’s higher pressures than I ran in my diesel 2500 and it weighed a heck of a lot more than the Rebel does.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Because these trucks sit on dealer lots for months sometimes, they over inflate the tires to prevent flat spotting. The service team forgot to air your tires down prior to delivery, happens a lot, even to me on my Rebel.

You should be at 55 Front / 45 Rear as mentioned already. Make sure to do it when cold, the pressures will rise as you drive, do not air down when the tires are hot, it won't be accurate.

SynAckuL

Reaction score
Looking at your TPMS screen I can only imagine the ride of your truck has to be rough. That’s higher pressures than I ran in my diesel 2500 and it weighed a heck of a lot more than the Rebel does.

You would not be wrong. Most of my driving is on the interstate to and from work, but the occasional bump is a bit jarring.

Justbry

Reaction score
So I lowered them down to what the sticker on the door jam recommends, 55 front 45 rear. Much softer ride, kind of liked the harder ride though,

haza608

Reaction score
Just picked up my Rebel yesterday. Dealer set the pressures at 55/45. I was told they come from the factory over inflated. My door jam also says 55 front, 45 rear.

Users who are viewing this thread