5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Rebel Tire Pressure

Luxy72462

Reaction score
55/45. If your at 69 now wait till you drop it. Mine were overinflated and my truck swayed on the highway like noones business. Once I corrected the pressures it rode like a Cadillac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rabble-Rouser

Reaction score
Mine also were set 65 ot more from the dealer. Sticker is 55 45 on my rebel
My truck wandered all over the road st highway speeds. Seemed to want to randomly pull one way or the other randomly. Correcting the air pressures resolved that.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

DivrGuy

Reaction score
Tire pressures are set high for transport. Lowering them is supposed to be part of the dealer prep process. Sometimes they forget.

AlexMaxiMen

Reaction score
Cold 2.2 bar around. Because the roads in Ukraine are terrible. While riding, wheels pressure goes up to 2.6 bar (factory recommend) And its ok.

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

Tortolabob

Reaction score
my Rebel delivered at 65 all around after checking door jam sticker aired down to 55/45 ride is firm but not harsh with air suspension.

Kicker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just bought a new guage, set all 4 to the spec on the door. The TPMS reading at the dashboard is all over the place and I double checked each tire with the gauge. So what good are they? (the TPMS)

Also, I looked in the manual (downloaded it) and did a search for TPMS to try to find out how to match each tire to it's location. Couldn't find it. Can anyone point me to the where and how of this function please?

Last edited:

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just bought a new guage, set all 4 to the spec on the door. The TPMS reading at the dashboard is all over the place and I double checked each tire with the gauge. So what good are they? (the TPMS)

Also, I looked in the manual (downloaded it) and did a search for TPMS to try to find out how to match each tire to it's location. Couldn't find it. Can anyone point me to the where and how of this function please?

It usually takes a few miles for the TPMS to calibrate and read the air pressure correctly, especially after an adjustment. It should have leveled out after driving a bit. The location of each tire on the gauge is an overhead overview, so looking at your dash, the pressure reading at top left is your driver's side front tire.

But based on my gauge, my TPMS is consistently 3 psi higher than my gauge. No sure which one is accurate. Also, when you adjust your psi, you need to be sure to check the readings when it's cool, like early morning before driving. After a few miles or even the sun shining on one side will result in different readings.

Kicker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It usually takes a few miles for the TPMS to calibrate and read the air pressure correctly, especially after an adjustment. It should have leveled out after driving a bit. The location of each tire on the gauge is an overhead overview, so looking at your dash, the pressure reading at top left is your driver's side front tire.

But based on my gauge, my TPMS is consistently 3 psi higher than my gauge. No sure which one is accurate. Also, when you adjust your psi, you need to be sure to check the readings when it's cool, like early morning before driving. After a few miles or even the sun shining on one side will result in different readings.

Yeah, I get all that. Have had TPMS on several cars. My question is this, If I move a tire from the front to the back, how do I tell the computer it's new location?

2019REBEL

Reaction score
Yeah, I get all that. Have had TPMS on several cars. My question is this, If I move a tire from the front to the back, how do I tell the computer it's new location?

It will calibrate itself to the correct position.

_StangPGH

Reaction score
Ditto on Rebel being delivered at 65 psig. Wandered down the road something fierce. Perfect ride and handling at 55/45 per door spec.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Pamoky5

Reaction score
I took delivery of my Rebel around Mid June and have put around 600 miles on it so far. Last night I was fooling around with all the gadgets and information, noticed my tire pressure was reading 69 on all four tires. Seems high, I’m thinking the dealer may have overinflated the tires to keep from getting flat spots while sitting on their lot and forgot to deflate them. What should be the proper pressure?
Had my Rebel for 2 weeks now. I was doing the same thing as you did and noticed the front tires were 10lbs higher than the rear. So I went to the gas station and proceeded to inflate the rear to match the front. I left the truck running and as I was inflating the rear it honked three times and the hazard lights came on.

I came home and googled it and it brought me to this forum (because I thought it would be quicker than going thru the manual) to find out there is a tire pressure alert system on this truck. The pressure is also on the inside of the drivers side door that states - Front: 55psi, Rear: 45psi. Just assuming an engineer figured out this was proper inflation for this vehicle. First vehicle I’ve ever had that yells at you if you over inflate the tires too!

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Feels like a good time for:

Also, great article:

Eli Square

Reaction score
Mine came set at 60 all around. I lowered them to 50 cause I thought 60 was a bit high.

psyberai

Clinically Abnormal Attention Paid To This Truck
Reaction score
Threads like these have been a revelation to me about how much thinking goes into defining proper performance and safety boundaries. Anyway, recognizing this is a Rebel thread, I am curious how I can figure out proper inflation levels for my Big Horn.
I replaced my OE tires with LT275/70R18's and have the NE package (ORP-Lite). The dealership inflated to 38/38 psi, which seems correct for my OE tires, but not for my Nittos. I asked them what is should be and they said this pressure was good - and it may be, but seeing you lads operating on higher pressures got me wondering. I checked Nitto's site, which uses my trim package - mapping back to the OE setup: LT275/65R18 - 38/38; but in using the Rebel OE setup: LT275/70R18, it reads 55/45.
So for the sake of argument, assuming weight is constant between the Rebel and the Big Horn and no towing or hauling is taking place, are there any other considerations to make in determining inflation pressure - or can I just inflate to 55/45 like it seems most of y'all are doing?

Dustytrader

Reaction score
55 front and 45 rear is ridiculous on the Rebel with 10 ply tires. Rides like a freight train. Does anyone have any suggestions for a tuner that can adjust the TPMS numbers? I switched my good years out for Nitto Terra Grappler AT's and new wheels (Same as I ran on my FX4 F-150) and run 35 pounds in the front and 30 in the rear. I had 40,000 miles on them when I traded my f150 in and still had 8/32 tread. I ran 30 in both front and back on it, but figured I'd go up to 35 on front due to the weight of the v8. There is NO need for the pressure they have set, especially since these are 10 ply tires. Try lowering yours to these levels and it will ride like a Cadillac compared. I put up with the dash light and have to switch the view on the left side whenever it starts and shows your tire levels. I've read that the dealer will not adjust these numbers for you, so I'm sure there is a tuner available like there was for my f150. Any suggestions from people that have added larger tires and had to get a tuner? This is the only real issue I don't like about my RAM...oh and the MDS syatem that sounds like crap when I installed my new exhaust system. Wish there was a way to permanently disable that too.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My understanding is this:

1) the DT Tazer can enable or disable TMPS all together. It can also change the limits, so you can set the light to come at like 25 or something like a normal person.

2) edge pulsar can disable it altogether as well. But not adjust the limits. According to edge, it just shuts off the warning system. So the sensors still read and all that, but there won’t be any lights on the dash.

I’ve never used either, bunch of people here use the Tazer though. It does a bunch of cool stuff, but it’s a BCM tool NOT a tuner. Does nothing to the engine tuning.

As where the pulsar is an actual tuner for performance. The pulsar can’t disable MDS. not correctly anyways.

Don’t know much about Diablo or superchips. Diablo May be able to do all of it, but I think requires a pcm unlock. Might not be able to do TPMS Though.

Hopefully this helps, at least gets you started. There’s info on most of these here if you search. The Tazer seems to me most popular from what I’ve gathered as it doesn’t mess with the drivetrain and warranty

SD Rebel

Reaction score
[/QUOTE]
55 front and 45 rear is ridiculous on the Rebel with 10 ply tires. Rides like a freight train. Does anyone have any suggestions for a tuner that can adjust the TPMS numbers? I switched my good years out for Nitto Terra Grappler AT's and new wheels (Same as I ran on my FX4 F-150) and run 35 pounds in the front and 30 in the rear. I had 40,000 miles on them when I traded my f150 in and still had 8/32 tread. I ran 30 in both front and back on it, but figured I'd go up to 35 on front due to the weight of the v8. There is NO need for the pressure they have set, especially since these are 10 ply tires. Try lowering yours to these levels and it will ride like a Cadillac compared. I put up with the dash light and have to switch the view on the left side whenever it starts and shows your tire levels. I've read that the dealer will not adjust these numbers for you, so I'm sure there is a tuner available like there was for my f150. Any suggestions from people that have added larger tires and had to get a tuner? This is the only real issue I don't like about my RAM...oh and the MDS syatem that sounds like crap when I installed my new exhaust system. Wish there was a way to permanently disable that too.

What pressure level do they turn on?

I'm not a fan of MDS, luckily we can disable it, but you have to do it evey time you start your truck, kinda like the start/stop button on my old F150. Maybe a tuner one day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/