5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Rebel Tire Pressure

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
lol..to each their own apparently. I will continue to run mine in the lower 30's and get 60k miles out of my tires and enjoy the much softer ride and tight dash :)

I honestly would lower my air pressure if I felt the truck was rough with the stock pressure, but it's not. My wife drives a rather cushy Mercedes everyday and tells me all the time how smooth and nice my trucks ride is.

My last vehicle was a 2015 Ford F150 with 35 lbs of pressure and didn't feel any smoother or softer in ride. I've owned a slew of sedans and still own an E90 BMW. I honestly haven't felt any need to go below the OEM recommendation.

My ride is already so good, if you told me my air pressure was already set to 35 lbs, I would believe you.

Dustytrader

Reaction score
I honestly would lower my air pressure if I felt the truck was rough with the stock pressure, but it's not. My wife drives a rather cushy Mercedes everyday and tells me all the time how smooth and nice my trucks ride is.

My last vehicle was a 2015 Ford F150 with 35 lbs of pressure and didn't feel any smoother or softer in ride. I've owned a slew of sedans and still own an E90 BMW. I honestly haven't felt any need to go below the OEM recommendation.

My ride is already so good, if you told me my air pressure was already set to 35 lbs, I would believe you.
You must have good streets and highways...I live in Colorado and our roads are TERRIBLE. You'd think all that pot money would be used for this..lol

Zeeya

Reaction score
I’ve air down due to the terrain I travel for 14x14 shift. Bad lease roads, rocky terrain. The Goodyear duratec. I always get this. Not sure what front TPMS is set for, but rears give warning. I air back up to 55/45 before I leave. Rides great once back on regular terrain at this psi.
C45834BE-0AD1-435E-96DD-B1EE6F8ADFAA.jpeg

Rogues Gambit

Reaction score
I usually run it 55 all round, sometimes 60 rear

What's best for street driving and handling (As in, taking turns with the added confidence of the RSB/Endlinks), as I rarely have things in the bed and haven't towed yet

Raminit

Reaction score
55 front and 45 rear is ridiculous on the Rebel with 10 ply tires. Rides like a freight train. Does anyone have any suggestions for a tuner that can adjust the TPMS numbers? I switched my good years out for Nitto Terra Grappler AT's and new wheels (Same as I ran on my FX4 F-150) and run 35 pounds in the front and 30 in the rear. I had 40,000 miles on them when I traded my f150 in and still had 8/32 tread. I ran 30 in both front and back on it, but figured I'd go up to 35 on front due to the weight of the v8. There is NO need for the pressure they have set, especially since these are 10 ply tires. Try lowering yours to these levels and it will ride like a Cadillac compared. I put up with the dash light and have to switch the view on the left side whenever it starts and shows your tire levels. I've read that the dealer will not adjust these numbers for you, so I'm sure there is a tuner available like there was for my f150. Any suggestions from people that have added larger tires and had to get a tuner? This is the only real issue I don't like about my RAM...oh and the MDS syatem that sounds like crap when I installed my new exhaust system. Wish there was a way to permanently disable that too.

Hey buddy I just got some Nitto LT285/55R22 Ridge Grapplers and noticed the tech’s filled them up to 80 psi
Surprisingly the ride isn’t Like a freight train but very firm What would you run in these puppies for the best balance of comfort and longevity

Dustytrader

Reaction score
Hey buddy I just got some Nitto LT285/55R22 Ridge Grapplers and noticed the tech’s filled them up to 80 psi
Surprisingly the ride isn’t Like a freight train but very firm What would you run in these puppies for the best balance of comfort and longevity
To each their own. 35-40 in front, 30-35 in rear is what I would do. If they are 10 ply tires and 22 inch, they are going to have a pretty severe sidewall stiffness anyways. There is NO weight on the back of these trucks to justify a high pressure. Your ride will be much better and your interior will not start falling apart if you soften the ride :)

Raminit

Reaction score
To each their own. 35-40 in front, 30-35 in rear is what I would do. If they are 10 ply tires and 22 inch, they are going to have a pretty severe sidewall stiffness anyways. There is NO weight on the back of these trucks to justify a high pressure. Your ride will be much better and your interior will not start falling apart if you soften the ride :)
Hahaha thank you, I’m going to follow your advice

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score

yup, I run 35-38 front to rear on E rated tires. I can’t imagine running around with 55-60 psi on these light pick ups, ride would suck and it’s totally unnecessary !

Dustytrader

Reaction score
yup, I run 35-38 front to rear on E rated tires. I can’t imagine running around with 55-60 psi on these light pick ups, ride would suck and it’s totally unnecessary !
I bought the Tazer DT to change the TPMS settings so my light would go off. I have them set in the 20's somewhere now. It's an expensive little gadget, but I use a few other functions on it.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought the Tazer DT to change the TPMS settings so my light would go off. I have them set in the 20's somewhere now. It's an expensive little gadget, but I use a few other functions on it.

x2 been running for about 10k miles. Few hiccups with some of the features but overall works good. Never had an issue with the TPMS part. I’m also set around 26 I think.

hammer722

Reaction score
Same here. Dealer had them at just over 40. Basically a half filled tire. Dumb. Bumped mine up to 64.

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same here. Dealer had them at just over 40. Basically a half filled tire. Dumb. Bumped mine up to 64.

you realize that there is absolutely no reason to be running 64 psi in your tires unless you are towing one heavy *** trailer. You are probably doing more harm than good for your tires.

Dustytrader

Reaction score
Your post makes no sense as to the relation of this posting....64 psi in a half ton truck with 10 ply tires is crazy. To each their own, but your truck will start falling apart running that much air and your ride has to suck

Dustytrader

Reaction score
x2 been running for about 10k miles. Few hiccups with some of the features but overall works good. Never had an issue with the TPMS part. I’m also set around 26 I think.
The only other thing I really use on my tazer is the tow mode function. I leave it in tow mode so the MDS doesn't kick in. The tazer allows it to stay on and you don't have to reset it each time you get in the truck. Although, it sometimes kicks off by itself so the tazer has a few hickups..agreed. I turned on the mirror folding option at first, but hated that after about a day. Plus, I fold my mirrors in to pull into my garage and to pull out of my garage so it was not a function that worked for me.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The only other thing I really use on my tazer is the tow mode function. I leave it in tow mode so the MDS doesn't kick in. The tazer allows it to stay on and you don't have to reset it each time you get in the truck. Although, it sometimes kicks off by itself so the tazer has a few hickups..agreed. I turned on the mirror folding option at first, but hated that after about a day. Plus, I fold my mirrors in to pull into my garage and to pull out of my garage so it was not a function that worked for me.

yea basically the same with the auto start stop, every now and again it seems to glitch and the truck will turn off a few times and then randomly it corrects itself and stays disabled again. but I’d recommend it, no issues with the actual reasons why I bought it (tire size and TPMS). And the typing on GPS while moving is great if applicable.

hammer722

Reaction score
Your post makes no sense as to the relation of this posting....64 psi in a half ton truck with 10 ply tires is crazy. To each their own, but your truck will start falling apart running that much air and your ride has to suck

Interesting. I honestly don't think it's that bad of a ride right now but I'll drop them a bit and see how much better it can get.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting. I honestly don't think it's that bad of a ride right now but I'll drop them a bit and see how much better it can get.

On my truck, Rebel with stock tires, when they had 60psi in the rear the truck skated around in the highway something fierce. Like a drag radial in rain almost.

After I lowered them it drove so much better, but I never really noticed the ride being too bad either. I just knew they didn’t need that much air....

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn’t even run 64PSI in my 2500 unless I was hauling a very heavy trailer or the camper in the bed. If you ever look at a load inflation table for tires you’d realize why. At 64 psi in that 10 ply tire it’s inflated to handle approx 3100 lbs per tire and 6200 lbs for both rear tires. Your whole truck doesn’t way 6200 lbs. if all 4 tires were inflated to 64 psi they are inflated to handle 12,400 lbs. it’s just not necessary.

Attachments

• 7F00B140-271C-40BA-825E-DB3A84301D75.png
    7F00B140-271C-40BA-825E-DB3A84301D75.png
    352.7 KB · Views: 33

Dustytrader

Reaction score
I didn’t even run 64PSI in my 2500 unless I was hauling a very heavy trailer or the camper in the bed. If you ever look at a load inflation table for tires you’d realize why. At 64 psi in that 10 ply tire it’s inflated to handle approx 3100 lbs per tire and 6200 lbs for both rear tires. Your whole truck doesn’t way 6200 lbs. if all 4 tires were inflated to 64 psi they are inflated to handle 12,400 lbs. it’s just not necessary.
I just sold my wheels to a guy with a 2019 Laramie and he runs 36psi on his regular tires and said his TPMS light isn't on. Is it just the Rebels that require 55 in front and 45 in the rear? If so, that's so stupid. Also, yes I like the typing while moving function on the Tazer as well...sounds like we use the same things on it. Too bad they don't make a cheaper one with the few basic options that are actually used..lol

Dustytrader

Reaction score
I live in Colorado and our roads suck...so I feel every bump. Lower your front to 38 and your rear to 33 and take it for a spin on the same road after driving at your other tire pressure. I'll guarantee you will feel the difference in ride and bumps. I can tell the difference of just 10 pounds, yours should be massive...lol. Again.... to each their own, but running too much air will wear out everything quicker because there's no cushion in your sidewalls. I run Nitto's Terra Grapplers 10 ply and have on my last 3 vehicles. My last F150 had nearly 40000 miles on them and still had 9/32 tread left when I traded it off. Always ran 32 in front and 28 in rear. I bumped my fronts up to 38 for the V8 extra weight compared to my f150, but the rear of these Rams weigh nothing and you can get by easily around the 30psi mark if you aren't hauling anything. If I tow or haul things, I pump them up to around 45psi in the rear. Just food for thought

Users who are viewing this thread