2019 Rebel New Tire Recommendations

ckirby500

Reaction score
Hey team,

looking at tire options for my Rebel. The duratracs are a bit noisy for me. Want something that still appears aggressive but less noise. My brother has a Rubicon Wrangler with BFG KO2 that don’t seem nearly as bad. Any suggestions appreciated

Reaction score
We had 275/70R18 KO2s on our expedition that we traded in for the ram and they were quiet and performed well. We will probably try Falken Wildpeaks this time around they are pretty well recommended and usually a little less expensive. The wildpeaks also have the 3 peaks snow rating and a 55k warranty vs 50k warranty and no 3 peaks for the KO2s.

SD Rebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
T/A KO2s, Falken Wildpeaks and Nitto Grapplers seem to be the favorite for good performance as an A/T but more civil on-road especially with road noise.

You want aggressive looks, the M/Ts of the above look good, but from what I hear the Nitto Grapplers in M/T aren't too bad for noise either.

The Duratrac was kind designed to bridge the gap between the A/T & M/T, which is why is louder than you typical A/T, looks associated with a M/T but noise closer to an A/T, but not quiet as one. Though they have a rep of getting louder with more miles.

Last edited:

Zoompastu

Reaction score
T/A KO2s, Falken Wildpeaks and Nitto Grapplers seem to be the favorite for good performance as an A/T but more civil on-road especially with road noise.

You want aggressive looks, the M/Ts of the above look good, but from what I hear the Nitto Grapplers in M/T aren't too bad for noise either.

The Duratrac was kind designed to bridge the gap between the A/T & M/T, which is why is louder than you typical A/T, looks associated with a M/T but noise closer to an A/T, but not quiet as one. Though they have a rep of getting louder with more miles.
I second this… If you are not going to mess with snow I would recommend the Nitto’s. An awesome mud tire that is quiet is the MAXXIS RAZR.

Downytide

Reaction score
Got a set of Yokohama X-AT, so far its quieter on hwy speed and performs the same on most off road situation, only thing I haven't had a chance to try it is in deep mud.