5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Rebel New Tire Recommendations

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So many choices

Falken Wildpeaks
Cooper Discoverer (AT3 XLT OR ST Maxx)
Toyo (the newest ones) AT3
Nitto Grapplers

Pick a style you like and give em a run. None are a bad choice.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So many choices

Falken Wildpeaks
Cooper Discoverer (AT3 XLT OR ST Maxx)
Toyo (the newest ones) AT3
Nitto Grapplers

Pick a style you like and give em a run. None are a bad choice.

Honestly I was happy the Rebel came with duratracs cause I got to try them! Plus, a severe snow rating

mtvrwe2003

Reaction score
@LaxDfns15 I went to Goodyear.com and the 295’s are on back order but I still did a pre purchase just to see what I could get them for and if you use a Goodyear credit card which doubles your rebate (225) and my discount you could have 800 and some change in a set installed not to shabby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BuckRebel2020

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am in the same boat as Ckirby500. I love the look and off road abilities of the Duratrac's, but they have gotten pretty loud for me. I'm 80% on road, 20% off road and they were great up to around 18K miles, and then started to get louder (I rotate regularly and am anal about tire pressure). I was curious if anyone has tried the new Cooper AT3 XLT's? My 4runner is on it's 3rd set of AT3's before Cooper decided to "re-design" them. The originals are awesome for a 70/30 on road/off road tire. I averaged about 75,000 miles on the first 2 sets and they were quiet, not to mention less expensive than other brands!

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m running the AT3 XLT’s and so far after 10,000 miles im happy with them. They are smooth on the road, have performed great in gravel, snow, rain and mud for an all terrain tire.

BuckRebel2020

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but as an update, I replaced the Duratrac's after 70K miles with the AT3 XLT's. They are quieter and smooth. Surprisingly though, considering they are less aggressive than the Duratrac's, my mileage went down!! I thought it would have improved. I did get the black wall out, though I don't think that would make a difference on these tires.

Cygnus A

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but as an update, I replaced the Duratrac's after 70K miles with the AT3 XLT's. They are quieter and smooth. Surprisingly though, considering they are less aggressive than the Duratrac's, my mileage went down!! I thought it would have improved. I did get the black wall out, though I don't think that would make a difference on these tires.
You got 70k out of your stock tires? I am at 30k and starting to look for replacements because they are starting to look low on tread.

BuckRebel2020

Reaction score
You got 70k out of your stock tires? I am at 30k and starting to look for replacements because they are starting to look low on tread.
I could have gotten another 10K out of them, but two of the tires had cupped from not getting an alignment soon enough and from not rotating them enough. That being said, I was pretty close on the wear indicator, but the Duramax tires have so much tread, that I wouldn't have swapped them out if not for the noise.

Users who are viewing this thread