5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Rebel Engine info

Ram19Va

Reaction score
Well I went to two dealerships today. One refused to negotiate with just a rebate deal so I laughed, got up and walked out. Other gave me a fantastic deal under Trucar and Nada pricing.

Something important of note is the only 5.7L Hemi option for the 2019 Rebel atm is the e-torque, and not the regular Hemi. I had the salesman confirm this, and then had the manager check the ordering system for authenticity to ensure no mistakes.
It's a minor inconvenience to have to push a button once after starting to disable it, but I think in the future there will be a more permanent solution to cut it off via online guide or tuner.
Thought I would inform some people about it. Specifically listed on invoice sheet it is the: 5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT eTorque Engine.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sure hope they update the Canadian website because the only one we can get is the Hemi:LOL:

Ram19Va

Reaction score
I was talking to the salesman, and he's says there are some differences from the builds on Dodge.com and what the dealers can actually build. Says it happens a lot with those placing orders.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I was talking to the salesman, and he's says there are some differences from the builds on Dodge.com and what the dealers can actually build. Says it happens a lot with those placing orders.

Come on you can say it we are just strange up here in Canada.:ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL:;)

Spe1996

Reaction score
Well I went to two dealerships today. One refused to negotiate with just a rebate deal so I laughed, got up and walked out. Other gave me a fantastic deal under Trucar and Nada pricing.

Something important of note is the only 5.7L Hemi option for the 2019 Rebel atm is the e-torque, and not the regular Hemi. I had the salesman confirm this, and then had the manager check the ordering system for authenticity to ensure no mistakes.
It's a minor inconvenience to have to push a button once after starting to disable it, but I think in the future there will be a more permanent solution to cut it off via online guide or tuner.
Thought I would inform some people about it. Specifically listed on invoice sheet it is the: 5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT eTorque Engine.
I am not sure your dealer is correct. There are 21 Rebels in transit to dealers in my area and only half are e-torque. The rest are plan 5.7 hemi's. Check out Vin # 1C6SRFLT6KN534334. Non e-torque hemi.

https://www.ramtrucks.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C6SRFLT6KN534334

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can't disable eTorque completely. You can disable start/stop, which is what most don't like. The torque assist at low RPM and regenerative braking are always on as far as we know. The belt motor generator IS the electrical charging system so that definitely can't be disabled.

rdz418

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
Spe1996 is correct. I ordered my 2019 Rebel on 7/3 and 5.7L Hemi w/eTorque was the only V8 option. Sales manager showed my the build page and the regular 5.7L Hemi was grayed out and he could not select it.

Ram19Va

Reaction score
Those in Canada can only get regular Hemi, and here in the US only the e-Torque from what I've read for the Rebel. That might have changed recently, or be different in certain parts of the country. Perhaps those regular Hemis are being shipped from Canada dealers.
I'm only reerring to disabling the start/stop, but might not bother with it. Read in another thread that during an e-Torque test drive off the line a guy floored it and it broke sideways, so that's encouraging. Lol.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's almost as if they are making "batch runs" of different options during manufacturing instead of running a mix of options. This is a more efficient and error-free method....but sucks if your truck has options they aren't being run. Some on here have had new orders pending scheduling for 10 weeks or more.

Users who are viewing this thread