5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RAM Rebel Lift Kit

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ll have to look into that, do you have the 3.5 on yours?
No. I had the readylift 2". When I called readylift the tech told me to not pass a 2" level on an ORP or Rebel due to cv axle angles. Now that I bought kings they told me the same thing. My buddy blew a cv axle on our last offroad trip with that 3.5" kit on his Rebel. Lucky for him the dealer covered under warranty, they didn't make a big deal over the level kit but each dealer is different. I had a dealer deny a claim for a messed up lower control arm over adding air bag helpers.

Diddy Sanchez

Reaction score
I agree 35s do look tiny lol got any pics with the 37s? & Okay awesome.. I just had this kit installed and my angles just look really bad with the full 3.5 on it, do your angles look like this? also do you notice a rougher ride? Kind of a clunking sound? I really like the look but was contemplating taking to a shop to get it removed lol
I totally didn’t realize this was from when I had my 3.5 lift.....i got rid of my 19 rebel, had too many issues with it. I’m running the 5in RC lift on a 2020 limited now....but I didn’t have any issues when I did have the 3.5 on my rebel. That one looked great with the 35s

DFav438

Reaction score
I totally didn’t realize this was from when I had my 3.5 lift.....i got rid of my 19 rebel, had too many issues with it. I’m running the 5in RC lift on a 2020 limited now....but I didn’t have any issues when I did have the 3.5 on my rebel. That one looked great with the 35s
Oh I gotcha, your new one looks nice, Do you know how long you were running the 3.5?

orange01z28

Reaction score
Were there any fitment issues with the 35s? The RC site doesn't recommend anything over 33s for that lift, but I'm going 35s since I've seen that combo so much on here and everywhere else. What was your backspace and offset?

Diddy Sanchez

Reaction score
Were there any fitment issues with the 35s? The RC site doesn't recommend anything over 33s for that lift, but I'm going 35s since I've seen that combo so much on here and everywhere else. What was your backspace and offset?
No issue with 35, I did need a .25 spaced with with stock rebel wheels and a 12.5 tire

DFav438

Reaction score
Took the 3.5” readylift system off my ORP and got the 2.5 Motofab ( paired with my shocks it’s 3.5” in total). I did use the readylift UCAs and this thing drives like it did stock. All ball joints, cvs, tie rods are at perfect angles. DO NOT GO WITH THE 3.5 READYLIFT IF YOU HAVE A REBEL OR ORP. lesson learned

Attachments

• 8D2FE833-7FB4-4E32-9408-3B2A06B8D01B.jpeg
    8D2FE833-7FB4-4E32-9408-3B2A06B8D01B.jpeg
    196.8 KB · Views: 186

KOOPS

Reaction score
Took the 3.5” readylift system off my ORP and got the 2.5 Motofab ( paired with my shocks it’s 3.5” in total). I did use the readylift UCAs and this thing drives like it did stock. All ball joints, cvs, tie rods are at perfect angles. DO NOT GO WITH THE 3.5 READYLIFT IF YOU HAVE A REBEL OR ORP. lesson learned

What shocks did you pair with your 2.5" Motofab up front? Are you running any lift in the rear, or did it pretty much even out your Rebel front-to-back?

DFav438

Reaction score
What shocks did you pair with your 2.5" Motofab up front? Are you running any lift in the rear, or did it pretty much even out your Rebel front-to-back?
I’m using my stock ORP shocks, they are 1” from the factory. No lift in the rear besides the 1” it came with

U

User_21361

How should I calculate how much overall height I will get from a lift on my rebel? I have garage height limitations and want to factor in the potential for new tires and a lift. For example, for the BDS 4" lift, would I net 3" or 4" of total height (front and rear).

dirtfreak20

Reaction score
Did you leave the rear readylift 2” in or did you remove that as well? I was thinking about going with the motofab 2.5 in the front and 1.5 in the rear which leaves me with about 1” rake.

PROJO

Reaction score

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Looks great, so you are using the Motofab 2.5" top hat spacer and 5100 shocks set at height setting 3 or so?

PROJO

Reaction score
Today I climbed under a Rebel - in the wet no less - and got a rough measurement. The Rebel's spring perch is the same location as a non-ORP and ORP spring perch (8.25" from bottom bolt-center to lowest point on spring perch [the coil stop]) [I have ORP and non-ORP shock units in my garage right now]. I also confirmed that the Rebel has the same spring part number as the ORP (68320249AB), which is 3/4" taller than non-ORP (which translates into a 1" lift). It's the spring, not the shock, that lifts the rebel (and ORP), and that spring should also add 1" to the mopar lift)...Add that to the fact that I started my debate a while ago with the fact that the dealership where I got my ORP shocks (F&R) from had done a Mopar lift on the truck that originally had that ORP stuff and they swear it lifted the truck 3".

I stand firm in the fact that the mopar kit will lift the Rebel and ORP trucks to 3", BUT it won't actually work on the rebel because the bilstein is a different tube diameter (I didn't have a micrometer and did my best with the tape measure, but it was apparent) and a different spring perch diameter, and the Mopar kit requires you to reuse the spring perch from your stock shocks - and the bilstein perch doesn't fit the fox shock. That's why they say it won't fit the Rebel, but they don't say it won't fit the off-road package trucks (because the ORP and non-ORP spring perchs are identical). I confirmed with Mopar a while ago that they only claim "Not for Rebel", they do NOT claim not for ORP.

If you put a non-ORP spring onto a Fox shock, you'll get 2" of lift - we know that.
If you put an ORP spring, which is 3/4' taller and creates 1" of lift, onto a fox shock, you'll get 3" of lift. If I had an extra $1200 and lots of time, I'd prove it ;)!
Which fox shock would you pair the ram rebel springs with, to get at least 2” of lift in front?

PROJO

Reaction score
Yeah it’s at 4.5, I think what I’m going to do is order the Motofab 2.5 and get rid of the readylift spacer all together, that way it’ll just be 3.5 . I didn’t think the angles would be this bad lol
Did you leave the, rear 2” spacer in the back from ready lift, and just add the 2.5” motofab spacer up front?

jabara572

Reaction score

Just FYI in case anyone gets the wrong idea, If your truck is at the same height over the wheels then all your angles are exactly the same (at rest, drooped is a diff story). What affects CV/ball joint/tie rods is body height over wheels, thats it. Different combinations of parts at the same height will all net the same angles.

Gtunit03

Reaction score
MOTOFAB 2" level with the Mopar 2"lift upper control arms. Running winter tires and rims on it now but have the stock wheels with 295/70-18 Nitto's I run in summer. No issues, ride same as stock. Measures 39 3/4" front and 40 1/2" in rear View attachment 19517
How are the Mopar 2” UCAs holding up ,. They are a Great Price on EBay wondering if worth it over stock I’ve had my 2.5” motofab for almost 1 year now

DIRTRIDER

Reaction score
How are the Mopar 2” UCAs holding up ,. They are a Great Price on EBay wondering if worth it over stock I’ve had my 2.5” motofab for almost 1 year now
My truck has 24,000mi on it with the mopar arms, no problems or issues.

Users who are viewing this thread