5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ram key fob roll windows down?

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2010 Ram had it. My 2014 and now the '19 does not.
Regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 002491 miles.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Nope it was laid to rest, although you can have it done via the aftermarket.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I'm glad it doesn't have this 'feature'...
I carry the fob in the watch pocket when wearing jeans, and when sitting down it tightens the fob, and the buttons can activate the windows
I've had this happen on my BMW a couple of years ago while having dinner with the family. Came back to the truck and the sunroof, and windows were all open during a torrential downpour... It happened on another occasion but fortunately it wasn't raining.
Not good... :O

Laramieguy

Reaction score
How about auto folding mirrors? My buddy's Grand Cherokee has that feature. When he turns the car off the mirrors auto fold in without pushing the button.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Lol neither my 2018 fully equipped Accord nor my Ram offer this feature. At least I can push a button with the Ram. :)

ian.defilippo

Reaction score
This was deemed unsafe (for sum people). And it is programmed into bcm need a flash tool like Alfaobd to unlock. Or a cool dealer will do this for you. I bought the flash tool for my 2015 and had this option, I heard all years had it. Flash tool can change tire size for correct Speedo and tpms pressure sensors limit change, and that is just the tip of the burg. Any thing programmed and not on (DRLs) can be flashed with this tool 120$.

ClancyO

Reaction score
This was deemed unsafe (for sum people). And it is programmed into bcm need a flash tool like Alfaobd to unlock. Or a cool dealer will do this for you. I bought the flash tool for my 2015 and had this option, I heard all years had it. Flash tool can change tire size for correct Speedo and tpms pressure sensors limit change, and that is just the tip of the burg. Any thing programmed and not on (DRLs) can be flashed with this tool 120$.

Does alfaodb work with the new 5th gen ram? All the links google showed me were 4th gen and earlier..

Brandon_Vickers

Reaction score
Does alfaodb work with the new 5th gen ram? All the links google showed me were 4th gen and earlier..

From their webpage:

"Note: Starting from MY2018 FCA bults in the Security Gateway Module (SGW) which blocks access to diagnostics for the third-party software. There is no software solution yet, as a workaround please use a hardware bypass module (as an example). "

Ken2021Etorque

Reaction score
Yes you can activate such feature, i have 2019 Ram 1500 Classic and used the alfaobd, obdlink bluetooth and bypass harness was able enable drl, change tire size, global window down, program 7" evic with miles, idle and driving hours

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes you can activate such feature, i have 2019 Ram 1500 Classic and used the alfaobd, obdlink bluetooth and bypass harness was able enable drl, change tire size, global window down, program 7" evic with miles, idle and driving hours

Did you enable global down in bcm or was there other options to enable to make it work? Door module setting? I was trying on my 19 with alfaobd, got other things working, no global down.

how about global up?

Ken2021Etorque

Reaction score
Did you enable global down in bcm or was there other options to enable to make it work? Door module setting? I was trying on my 19 with alfaobd, got other things working, no global down.

how about global up?
With alfaobd under global down

Ken2021Etorque

Reaction score

how about global up?
Here is a pic of menu
6175240eb0ad45af25f12801c9267fb8.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread