5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ram HK system complete system upgrade

Adamcan75

Reaction score
I know JL is working on DT upgrades including a stealth sub, hopefully one option will be a totally hidden direct replacement for the factory sub...Maybe a JL friend (who just might own a 2019 Ram) will chime in :)
So the owner of the shop that installed my system is big buddys with one of the guys from JL said they will be a stealth box more than likely a couple options. He seems to think a 2-12 tw and a single sub option maybe a 10w3. He’s thinking summer time.

Adamcan75

Reaction score
So the owner of the shop that installed my system is big buddys with one of the guys from JL said they will be a stealth box more than likely a couple options. He seems to think a 2-12 tw and a single sub option maybe a 10w3. He’s thinking summer time.
It would be a tough one to get it in the factory location.

Rob3989

Reaction score
This is awesome. I’m about to get into a 19 Ram and am having both of my systems pulled this week. I’m selling most of it but I’m keepin my 3 Zapco Lx Amps for this install. Waiting on the new dsp with center channel processing to come out.

How do those 2 tw5s sound ? Asking because I have 2 in my Escalade right now. Also was there room in the dash where if you made a plate like this one i made you could fit both a 3” and tweet?

Here’s my set up I’m the Escalade with 3 Mosconi Zero amps and 2 tw5s

Attachments

• 8FCC49C8-E5A0-4EE8-94A2-A42D14EF0A5E.jpeg
    8FCC49C8-E5A0-4EE8-94A2-A42D14EF0A5E.jpeg
    168 KB · Views: 190
  • CC479D80-1BF7-4CA4-9AFF-EC5F6D1F92B7.jpeg
    CC479D80-1BF7-4CA4-9AFF-EC5F6D1F92B7.jpeg
    101.3 KB · Views: 192
  • DF2329D0-C635-4949-B6EA-D003AB39FBD2.jpeg
    DF2329D0-C635-4949-B6EA-D003AB39FBD2.jpeg
    185.8 KB · Views: 186

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm thinking it'd be very hard to for components in the dash. There's not a lot of room.

You could easily do it in the doors. Mount the 3" where the stock 3.5" is and the Tweeter surface mounted above it just below the a pillar.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
Question on the DSR1 for those that have used it.

Are you able to maintain all of the factory wiring to the speakers and simply run the amp outputs into another harness that plus into the factory wiring harness that exits the factory amp?

To me that would be a very slick way to potentially add a bit more juice and DSP capability.

I could see running 2 x 4 channel amps to run all of dash, door, and headliner speakers. Then another mono to run the subs.

Dang it Adrian89p! Now you got me thinking.

Not sure if they have a harness out yet, but the older trucks included this exact harness.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...=idVZzOCeKbA&usg=AOvVaw2JrTFtVQG-Y-Vt2rVjn8ag

Adamcan75

Reaction score
This is awesome. I’m about to get into a 19 Ram and am having both of my systems pulled this week. I’m selling most of it but I’m keepin my 3 Zapco Lx Amps for this install. Waiting on the new dsp with center channel processing to come out.

How do those 2 tw5s sound ? Asking because I have 2 in my Escalade right now. Also was there room in the dash where if you made a plate like this one i made you could fit both a 3” and tweet?

Here’s my set up I’m the Escalade with 3 Mosconi Zero amps and 2 tw5s
I did 2 12tw3’s the space is perfect to JL specs for the tw3. The 13tw5 would fit but the box has to come out past the seat. I couldn’t tell much difference between the 13tw5 to 12tw3 on the low volume end the tw5 hit hard at high volumes the tw3 plays lower cant go wrong with either. Both subs are very clean with a processer. Looks like you are a hertz guy also! I love the mids. They are awesome

Rob3989

Reaction score
I did 2 12tw3’s the space is perfect to JL specs for the tw3. The 13tw5 would fit but the box has to come out past the seat. I couldn’t tell much difference between the 13tw5 to 12tw3 on the low volume end the tw5 hit hard at high volumes the tw3 plays lower cant go wrong with either. Both subs are very clean with a processer. Looks like you are a hertz guy also! I love the mids. They are awesome

Yes I’ve had 3 different sets of Milles and love them. I also just sold Audiofrog Gb 3 ways and liked them a little more. I have 2 tw5 and just ordered 3 MMATS HiFi amps for this build. I’ll be running JL c7 3 way active with a 2 way active center channel. Just waiting for the new helix mk3 dsp to drop. Oh and i have to buy a ram which should be next week.

Adamcan75

Reaction score
Yes I’ve had 3 different sets of Milles and love them. I also just sold Audiofrog Gb 3 ways and liked them a little more. I have 2 tw5 and just ordered 3 MMATS HiFi amps for this build. I’ll be running JL c7 3 way active with a 2 way active center channel. Just waiting for the new helix mk3 dsp to drop. Oh and i have to buy a ram which should be next week.
I’ve not heard the JL c7 yet. The shop hadn’t installed any yet. As for the audio frog I love them. Heard them at sq Competition last summer.

Rob3989

Reaction score
I’ve not heard the JL c7 yet. The shop hadn’t installed any yet. As for the audio frog I love them. Heard them at sq Competition last summer.

At first I didn’t like the AF but damn they grew on me and were hard to let go. I haven’t heard the c7 yet but have talked to 5 ppl who have heard everything and they all loved them. I’m not a big jl fan but i do like the tw5 sub and w6 . Ordered my truck today :)

Bacoviah

Reaction score
The jl C7 are excellent. We tested some along with 5 other high end names and the C7’s came out on top.

Rob3989

Reaction score
The jl C7 are excellent. We tested some along with 5 other high end names and the C7’s came out on top.

What other speakers did you put them up against and how were they tested ?

Bacoviah

Reaction score
What other speakers did you put them up against and how were they tested ?

We tested the new
B2 audio ref 3way
A couple different line ups from Audible Physics
Focal flax
Also some dynaudio estotec

They all performed really good. I think these 19 rams are an excellent platform for a serious system.

Only tested tweets and midramges in stock locations. Nothing real scientific listened by ear and used rew with no EQ to see what works best from the start for my application. Not saying the other speakers aren’t better in other applications....just my set up and my ears they Were the best.

Last edited:

Adamcan75

Reaction score
We tested the new
B2 audio ref 3way
A couple different line ups from Audible Physics
Focal flax
Also some dynaudio estotec

They all performed really good. I think these 19 rams are an excellent platform for a serious system.

Only tested tweets and midramges in stock locations. Nothing real scientific listened by ear and used rew with no EQ to see what works best from the start for my application. Not saying the other speakers aren’t better in other applications....just my set up and my ears they Were the best.
The only way the c7 is active and sold separate. I would like to hear them.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
The only way the c7 is active and sold separate. I would like to hear them.

I think it would be foolish to lose the cone area and go with the c7 over the GS690, especially if tonally they are very similar. We are blessed with 6x9s in the doors, and pre-sealed doors, might as well take advantage of it.

Rob3989

Reaction score
I’ll be running Audio Development w800neos in the front doors not the c7 6.5” and in the pillars I’ll run the C7 tweeter and 3”

I had the gs690s and replaced them with GB60s and they 60s outperformed them in every way.

Adamcan75

Reaction score
I’ll be running Audio Development w800neos in the front doors not the c7 6.5” and in the pillars I’ll run the C7 tweeter and 3”

I had the gs690s and replaced them with GB60s and they 60s outperformed them in every way.
I also like the sound of a 6 1/2 versus a 6+9. volume and midbass is better with the 6/9 but I still went 6 1/2

Users who are viewing this thread