5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ram HK system complete system upgrade

Bacoviah

Reaction score
Audio source/Zack rocks. He built my box for my previous f150 and Audi s4. I need to ping him to see how much he's charging to build that box for resale. Great looking setup man.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Thank you. Yes. You need to ring him. He has the the specs for the CNC. I was the lab rat

Last edited:

Adamcan75

Reaction score
Wow!! Awesome!! I’m doing a Similar set up. I’m doing 2 JL 1000/5 vx. I’ve got one now that I just put in my 17. They are new amps but are awesome!! Going with a 2 way hertz Millie pro set up front and coaxial 6 1/2 pro in the rear with the 2 13tw5 as the subs. Love the box. I’ve got the Laramie sport with the alpine 8.4.

Adamcan75

Reaction score
The Millie pros can handle the power!! So I’ll be useing the all 4 channels on the tweet and 6 1/2 front and rear. Should be clean but the tweet in the dash is not ideal.

Esworld05

Reaction score
I had 2 13w5 in my Silverado powered by a slash 1000 then the hd1200, and I wasnt too impresed by it. So for this truck I have 2 Sundown Sa10s and an Orion 2500 amp. Hopefully it blows my windows out lol.

Hackmunch

Reaction score
So over the past weekend we did a total system upgrade and swap. The new system consists of:

Maestro dsr1
Focal Flax 3way
Us Acoustics “Mike” sub amp
JL Audio vxi 800/8 for the 3way
2-jl audio 13tw5(box will be ready tomorrow)
JL Audio 12tw3 in prefab(loaner until box is ready)

Background:
After many years of being a novice and competing is IASCA and modifying many vehicles I decided to keep this vehicle stealth or a stock look. No visible fabrication. Well except for the sub box.

Details:
We put the focal tweeters in the upper door stock speaker location.
Midrange in the stock dash corner locations.
Midbass in the lower door location.

This isn’t ideal for proper imaging but again I did not want to cut into the inner door panel to make the midrange fit in the door upper stock location. More on this later.

I’m having a box made for 2-13tw5 subs but the shop had a bit failure at the last second. They did give me a loaner sub in a prefab box from JL. This was a priceless gesture on their part. Kudos.

The maestro dsr1 we installed where the factory amp was since this equipment allows me to delete the factory amp/anc.
Side note on this. The resistors that come with the maestro make sure you solder instead of using the clips. This will help prevemt introducing noise in to the system. Thank you Michael Cook!!! For this tip.
We are using the dsr1 with all channels full range to flatten the factory signal and using the on board dsp with the JL vxi 800/8 for processing and crossovers.
I am able to eq individual channels on the vxi and then able to use the dsr1 as a master eq with the channels linked to help prevent phase issues. Using both also provides a powerful processing tool.
Forgot to add there is zero noise in the system. A complete black hole!!

The amps we installed behind the rear seat since we removed the factory subwoofer. We also opted to use the factory panel to hide the amps instead making a visible amp rack. As it turns out where the factory sub was there are slits in the carpet that now let fresh air behind the factory panel. I’ll be reproducing this slots for the other amp.

How does it sound??
Ok...so this is where it gets interesting. I’ve owned many vehicles with systems but this is easily the best system I have ever had. The imaging and full sound with the midrange firing off the glass is phenomenal. Huge wide soundstage with plenty of depth and clarity. The only drawback I have is the tweet in the upper door. With this location it brings the soundstage down on the sides which is causing a “rainbow”. Not bad but is audible.

If you have any questions let me know. View attachment 8692 View attachment 8693 View attachment 8694 View attachment 8696 View attachment 8697 View attachment 8698 View attachment 8699 View attachment 8700 View attachment 8701 View attachment 8704
can you elaborate on the dsr1 maestro install. what radio did you have (12",8.4 non nav?) what
T harness did you use and any querks on what features had bugs or didnt work after dsr install. i have heard from maestro there were some 2019 ram issues.

Bacoviah

Reaction score
Wow!! Awesome!! I’m doing a Similar set up. I’m doing 2 JL 1000/5 vx. I’ve got one now that I just put in my 17. They are new amps but are awesome!! Going with a 2 way hertz Millie pro set up front and coaxial 6 1/2 pro in the rear with the 2 13tw5 as the subs. Love the box. I’ve got the Laramie sport with the alpine 8.4.

Very nice. Sounds like a similar setup for sure

Bacoviah

Reaction score
can you elaborate on the dsr1 maestro install. what radio did you have (12",8.4 non nav?) what
T harness did you use and any querks on what features had bugs or didnt work after dsr install. i have heard from maestro there were some 2019 ram issues.

I have the 12” screen and used to T4 maestro harness. The only things that I have noticed are the chimes aren’t as loud as far as the collision sensors. I’m not using rear speakers so I have no rear backing chime. I knew this going in though. For me I have no drawbacks but others might disagree.

Adamcan75

Reaction score
I had 2 13w5 in my Silverado powered by a slash 1000 then the hd1200, and I wasnt too impresed by it. So for this truck I have 2 Sundown Sa10s and an Orion 2500 amp. Hopefully it blows my windows out lol.
Wow! I was hopeful that the 2 13’s would be awesome? I’ll be using the 600 watts mono sub output of the two 1000/5 JL amps to power each sub so 600 watts a piece. I say it’s the same as the 1200/1. Man I hope it’s hits?

Adamcan75

Reaction score
Wow! I was hopeful that the 2 13’s would be awesome? I’ll be using the 600 watts mono sub output of the two 1000/5 JL amps to power each sub so 600 watts a piece. I say it’s the same as the 1200/1. Man I hope it’s hits?
I like the sundowns! They are strong.

Robert ross

Reaction score
So over the past weekend we did a total system upgrade and swap. The new system consists of:

Maestro dsr1
Focal Flax 3way
Us Acoustics “Mike” sub amp
JL Audio vxi 800/8 for the 3way
2-jl audio 13tw5(box will be ready tomorrow)
JL Audio 12tw3 in prefab(loaner until box is ready)

Background:
After many years of being a novice and competing is IASCA and modifying many vehicles I decided to keep this vehicle stealth or a stock look. No visible fabrication. Well except for the sub box.

Details:
We put the focal tweeters in the upper door stock speaker location.
Midrange in the stock dash corner locations.
Midbass in the lower door location.

This isn’t ideal for proper imaging but again I did not want to cut into the inner door panel to make the midrange fit in the door upper stock location. More on this later.

I’m having a box made for 2-13tw5 subs but the shop had a bit failure at the last second. They did give me a loaner sub in a prefab box from JL. This was a priceless gesture on their part. Kudos.

The maestro dsr1 we installed where the factory amp was since this equipment allows me to delete the factory amp/anc.
Side note on this. The resistors that come with the maestro make sure you solder instead of using the clips. This will help prevemt introducing noise in to the system. Thank you Michael Cook!!! For this tip.
We are using the dsr1 with all channels full range to flatten the factory signal and using the on board dsp with the JL vxi 800/8 for processing and crossovers.
I am able to eq individual channels on the vxi and then able to use the dsr1 as a master eq with the channels linked to help prevent phase issues. Using both also provides a powerful processing tool.
Forgot to add there is zero noise in the system. A complete black hole!!

The amps we installed behind the rear seat since we removed the factory subwoofer. We also opted to use the factory panel to hide the amps instead making a visible amp rack. As it turns out where the factory sub was there are slits in the carpet that now let fresh air behind the factory panel. I’ll be reproducing this slots for the other amp.

How does it sound??
Ok...so this is where it gets interesting. I’ve owned many vehicles with systems but this is easily the best system I have ever had. The imaging and full sound with the midrange firing off the glass is phenomenal. Huge wide soundstage with plenty of depth and clarity. The only drawback I have is the tweet in the upper door. With this location it brings the soundstage down on the sides which is causing a “rainbow”. Not bad but is audible.

If you have any questions let me know. View attachment 8692 View attachment 8693 View attachment 8694 View attachment 8696 View attachment 8697 View attachment 8698 View attachment 8699 View attachment 8700 View attachment 8701 View attachment 8704
I have a 2019 also how did u mount amps to the back firewall?

Adamcan75

Reaction score
I have a 2019 also how did u mount amps to the back firewall?
Awesome !! I am dropping my truck Saturday for a full week to get mine done. I’m doing a 2 way set up with hertz Millie pro tweet in the dash 6 1/2 in the door. Coaxial Millie in the rear. 2 JL 13tw5’s. 2 1000/5 JL vxi. I’m truly only wondering about the subs? Are they clean? Do they play all kinds of music good? Autosound in Lexington ky is doing mine. They did my last two rams. They say it will hit hard!! Not sure never heard them. I had 10w1 in the first truck and 2 10w3 in my 17.

Bacoviah

Reaction score
Awesome !! I am dropping my truck Saturday for a full week to get mine done. I’m doing a 2 way set up with hertz Millie pro tweet in the dash 6 1/2 in the door. Coaxial Millie in the rear. 2 JL 13tw5’s. 2 1000/5 JL vxi. I’m truly only wondering about the subs? Are they clean? Do they play all kinds of music good? Autosound in Lexington ky is doing mine. They did my last two rams. They say it will hit hard!! Not sure never heard them. I had 10w1 in the first truck and 2 10w3 in my 17.

The subs are super clean. Put it this way. When I throw them the juice my phone will vibrate off the arm rest easily. You will need to do something with the rest under mat compartments. My subs downfire so at full tilt the doors on the compartments rattle like crazy. I thought I blew my subs at first until I figured that out. I do have a little more power than you but they should do fine. Please report back here with your thoughts when you get it back.

Last edited:

Adamcan75

Reaction score
The subs are super clean. Put it this way. When I throw them the juice my phone will vibrate off the arm rest easily. You will need to do something with the rest under mat compartments. Mine subs downfire so at full tilt the doors on the compartments rattle like crazy. I though I blew my subs at first until I figured that out. I do have a little more power than you but they should do fine. Please report back here with your thoughts when you get it back.
I’ll have 600 watts on each sub. Good call on the under mat compartments. I’m excited! I’ll report back next Saturday! Sound be loud and strong I’ve seen positive reviews on the 13’s but never heard them. I’m going from 2-10w1’s so it should be a big difference.

Bacoviah

Reaction score
I’ll have 600 watts on each sub. Good call on the under mat compartments. I’m excited! I’ll report back next Saturday! Sound be loud and strong I’ve seen positive reviews on the 13’s but never heard them. I’m going from 2-10w1’s so it should be a big difference.
They will like 600watts for sure

Last edited:

Adamcan75

Reaction score
Nice!!! More details please. Did you make another post somewhere?
Wow very impressed with how loud and clean it is. I’m using the TuN JL app to play around with it. The shop put 2 presets for me one for sound quality and the other for just all out. I’ll post some pictures of the install when he send them to me. I took a step back this week stayed with the 1 amp and went with 2 12tw3’s the Millie pro 6 1/2 mids and tweets in the dash. I called Monday and pulled it back. I was going to be 4000.00 deep in the install. I couldn’t make myself do it. Im about 1800.00 but I had the mids and amp. But I’m blown away by how it sounds.

Users who are viewing this thread