5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram HD sheds some camo

Reaction score
No storage behind the seats, but they do have deep in-floor bins and fold-out storage underneath the seats. Add the massive center console, dual glove boxes, and RamBoxes, and you have quite a few options for conditioned or lockable storage.

That sucks, ya they definitely have a bunch of storage in the front, I really like that, but I usually need "wet" storage or storage for larger items.
Often thought about getting a truck with ram boxes as they would be perfect, but I don't think I could access the boxes with my deck on the back.

WP_20180813_17_36_18_Rich_LI.jpg

MoparMantis

Reaction score
I wont complain if the 5th gen 2500 gets more space in the back like the 1500 has, but I've been in the back of the 4th gens several times and havent ever been uncomfortable. I've been in the back with my brothers a few times and we're all either taller or bigger than average. The quad cabs would be another story, and the same goes with the 3rd gens. Want to give me more space in the back? Okay, I'll take it. Just let me keep the 8 foot box.
The munchkins are usually in the back of mine. Tons of space for them and their rediculously large car seats. The only seat that is uncomfortable is the middle on the front. Im not sure if there is a way to sit comfortably in that seat in ours if you're over 4 feet tall.

Jaysond

Reaction score
The new HD is scheduled for 2021 as a 2022 model debut. I am sure it will have the larger 5th Gen cab then. The reasons above are why it was pushed out. I didn't realize the Ford was bigger, guess that is a good reason to want a bigger cab.

Usually the HD debuts one model year after the 1500...it is gonna be 3 now. The HD is selling well enough, guess they didn't think it was a high priority on their list of new models.

In another discussion about quad cab 8foot bed trucks, it now makes sense why the other brands offer the quad...their crew is bigger, so they offer a smaller cab. Rams crew is smaller, so they offer the biggest cab.

Makes sense to me, it sucks that they have to make compromises and can't offer everything everyone wants.

Interesting how each person views the sizes of cabs and beds.

Thanks for sharing that the other crews are bigger, gave me some clarification about other questions.

I was lobbying in another thread for a quad cab / 8' box, but didn't realize either that the Ram HD crew cab is somewhat smaller than others out there. So, maybe this is the best of both worlds, bigger than a typical quad cab but still a little less wheelbase to deal with than a huge crew cab would be. Great information!!

Now if we could just get a true flat floor back there, and get Ram boxes on the 8' bed... :)

Last edited:

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Now if we could just get a true flat floor back there, and get Ram boxes on the 8' bed... :)
I have been hoping for 8 foot bed RamBox since 2010. I wouldn't need a toolbox then and all would be good.
My next truck will be crew cab 8'bed...I just can't justify the 1500 yet...but one may be the second vehicle someday lol

Jaysond

Reaction score
I have been hoping for 8 foot bed RamBox since 2010. I wouldn't need a toolbox then and all would be good.
My next truck will be crew cab 8'bed...I just can't justify the 1500 yet...but one may be the second vehicle someday lol

I have my '19 Ram 1500, and a '13 Chev Express 2500 cargo van; I use both for work (general contractor). I absolutely hate that van, but it's the handiest vehicle I've ever owned. You can haul 12' material with the doors shut, keep tons of tools & misc supplies on the shelves and in the drawers; it's a tool chest on wheels. It has a relatively short wheelbase & is not difficult to park or get into tight spaces. It's also awful in mud or snow, primitive as an average vehicle from the 80's, and has the driving dynamics of a dump truck. I'd like to replace the van with a 2500 pickup, but an 8' box would be a must, and Ram boxes to replace some of the shelves & drawers in the van would be so nice. The other option is to pile all the tools and other things in the back seat, with the seat folded up (don't need to carry people in it). Ram boxes would be so much extra bonus space though, you'd think that with Ram boxes being one of Ram's signature exclusive features, that they'd have it available with all box lengths.

Last edited:

molonlabe

Reaction score
I am going to guess since it is still the 4th gen cab, it will not be. But when the 5th Gen HD does debut, it should be. And I would think the Mega Cab will continue.

I'm thinking the Mega Cab will be dropped when they switch over to a 5th Gen cab. They don't sell that many of them and a larger regular crew cab would slow down their sales even more. Doesn't seem like it would be worth the investment to continue it into the next Gen but that would be really cool if they did. There would be a crazy amount of space back there. I would like to get a Mega and the thought that they could do away with them makes the refreshed 2019 that much more tempting. Plus 2022 is too far away.

Users who are viewing this thread