5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram HD sheds some camo

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
RamHD-45-of-52.jpg

fish mojo

Reaction score
Liking the look!! My desired build will be:
Laramie package CC 4x4 6'4" bed.
Sport Package (hope they have Metallic Steel) with black wheels
6.4 hemi gasser or next gen gas engine
4.10 e-locker and auto-level air suspension
Towing and camera packages

Rustydodge

Reaction score
That is a very attractive front. I actually like it much more than i did the 1500.

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just like the 2019 Ram 1500, the HD will have three sets of headlights...

2020-Ram-3500-HD-Laramie-Longhorn-Dually-1.jpg
Top of the line headlamps on Limited and Laramie Longhorn (as shown above). Look to be just like the Adaptive Front-lighting System (AFS) on Ram 1500.

PowerWagon_004.jpg

Mid-level LED headlamps optional on Big Horn, Standard on Power Wagon and Laramie.

2020-Ram-5500-Chassis-Cab-Regular-LWB-HEMI-11.jpg

Halogen headlamps and fog lights standard on Tradesman and Big Horn.

ram_hd_tradesman_001-jpg.7468

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If these pics are accurate I am highly disappointed. It looks like the old cab. The 4th gen is ancient st this point. The truck needed way more than just a face lift. There is no reason why they can’t put the new 1500 can on it and make this an all new vehicle. I hope I’m wrong. This truck needs to kick Ford and Chevys behind and be best in class. If it’s just a half assed refresh it won’t even come close.

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If these pics are accurate I am highly disappointed. It looks like the old cab. The 4th gen is ancient st this point. The truck needed way more than just a face lift. There is no reason why they can’t put the new 1500 can on it and make this an all new vehicle. I hope I’m wrong. This truck needs to kick Ford and Chevys behind and be best in class. If it’s just a half assed refresh it won’t even come close.

Truck actually looks good in person. Remember this is the base truck. It makes sense to completely update the 4th generation trucks because they would have to spend money to completely retool Saltillo than move the tooling to Warren only a few years later. The true 5th generation trucks will debut in 2022. These trucks will be far better than the new GM and Ford trucks. New Cummins with 980ft.-lbs, 8-speed autos, completely updated interior and infotainment, all the creature comforts of the Ram 1500 (minus the panaromic sunroof) and a lot more technology like 360 camera, adaptive cruise control and many new features.

Savagescott

Reaction score
What does refresh mean? What will be different compared to 2018 MY? And if 2019 will be essentially the same, why all the drama around the release?

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What does refresh mean? What will be different compared to 2018 MY? And if 2019 will be essentially the same, why all the drama around the release?

It is going to look alot like the 1500, fenders, lights, interior.

But it is not the brand new 5th Gen. Some minor powertrain upgrades as well.

Essentially it will look newer but be the tried and true truck...

Reason being the plant shuffle hasn't happened, the 5th Gen 1500 is more popular than expected and it costs alot to retool a shop...so they just retooled the parts...much cheaper.

And this may mean the aftermarket for 4th gen just grow exponentially...or I may be completely wrong. Very confusing times in the world of HD Rams.

Except you are not getting the 5th Gen for 2019...your are getting a refreshed 2018 that will look like a 2019.

Very excited to see this. As my next purchase hinges greatly on this.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Refreshes are like when the 1st Gen would get a new grille, the 2nd Gen got the Quad Cab and new Sport bumper. 3rd Gen gotthe different headlights and taillights. 4th Gen is getting this.

Essentially the only issue above whatever Murphy throws at a particular truck, should just be appearance pieces.

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
Truck actually looks good in person. Remember this is the base truck. It makes sense to completely update the 4th generation trucks because they would have to spend money to completely retool Saltillo than move the tooling to Warren only a few years later. The true 5th generation trucks will debut in 2022. These trucks will be far better than the new GM and Ford trucks. New Cummins with 980ft.-lbs, 8-speed autos, completely updated interior and infotainment, all the creature comforts of the Ram 1500 (minus the panaromic sunroof) and a lot more technology like 360 camera, adaptive cruise control and many new features.
Why do you think no pano roof?

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like they are getting the bigger non tow mirrors also.

I really want a Regular Cab. But too many passengers.

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
Because the 4th generation cabs were not designed structure wise to accommodate the panoramic sunroof.
Ahh gotcha.. I was hoping since they are likely to use the same cab from the 2019 1500, that it might have the pano roof option with it.

Users who are viewing this thread