5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram HD Pickup Convoy Spied Completely Uncovered

Reaction score
The headlight filler looks really out of place on the models with the chrome grill IMO, especially how it wraps around the light. The headlight should have been dropped down or that needs to be painted to match the truck. Other than that they look good so far.

ichime

Reaction score
Looks good, better than what it is currently out there. The higher end trims would look much better with the turn signals integrated in the main housing (like in the 1500s) and a bit less chrome.

Green_mtnMan

Reaction score
I could see myself ordering a 2019 (4.5 gen.) 3500 drw 4x4 in Tradesman (flame red) instead of a 2017 or 2018 model that I'm itching to buy now. I'm just not sure how much 'extra' $ for a 2019 we're talking here vs. buying a brand new 4th gen, for about $48K; especially once the 4.5 gen's come out next mo. ??? Any opinions would be welcome...

Last edited:

chezb808

Reaction score
I’m liking it so far. With the info I have read that it will have the ‘19 1500 interior, I’m wondering if the ‘19 Mega Cabs will have the same legroom as the previous model or have the same legroom of the ‘19 1500 or more.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m liking it so far. With the info I have read that it will have the ‘19 1500 interior, I’m wondering if the ‘19 Mega Cabs will have the same legroom as the previous model or have the same legroom of the ‘19 1500 or more.

The cab hasn't changed. The Mega cab is the same old Mega Cab...bigger than the 19 1500 Crew. The 19 HD Crew will be the same...4 inches smaller than a 19 1500 Crew.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I still cannot believe this 10 year old truck is not getting updated to the gen 5 architecture. How hard would it have been to put a new frame under the 1500 body. I think it’s a huge mistake. The competition has all new heavy duty’s and Ram has a new grill. I am a longtime mopar fanatic but i really have to question some of the decisions being made with regard to the lack of new product.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
And remember the new flat rear floor...I would be willing to bet that the Heavy Duty drivetrain and the fact the 3500/4500 have to be built to accept the upfitter options that a chassis cab presents.

Just my guess. Look at challenger and charger. They are how old...selling more now than ever. Camaro has been updated numerous times...sells are down.

If they drop the 8 speed auto in this (if you have seen the consensus on the 2020 Chevy HD), I think you will see even more HD converts than you have 1500...we have quite a few Chevy guys here.

And in the real world, HD guys could care less if the cab is the same, they changed enough, it is getting the updated interior, got led lights front and rear...and tow mirrors with surround view, heat, and I bet power fold.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know several heavy duty owners that were looking forward to the new cab length and much improved rear seat. This just seems like money wasted. It looks exactly like the old truck but with a different grill.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The crew cab with the 4 extra inches...yes I agree...but plants, money and chassis cabs must have been their deciding factor...and probably for as many HD guys who want the extra 4 inches, there are that many who want a quad cab...hence their crew and Mega cabs. Just like the people who want a 2 door Gladiator. Not in the business plan.

Hopefully someone has said the word...YET!

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This is what I am wondering also. Hope we only have a little bit longer til we get an option list and a price guide.

A deal on a 2018 may trump the 2019...but i really like the 4.5, so it will have to be an amazing deal.

Lateralus

Reaction score
I don't care about the cab length. I really need them to offer the 3500 SRW with 4.10 gears. That is all I'm asking for...
I love my '16, but I need a higher GVWR and do not want to go dually...

Users who are viewing this thread