5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram Extended Warranty-Mopar ESP

2slow95vert

Reaction score
The lifetime warranty is one of the reasons I've been shopping a new Ram. Now what will the longest warranty available be?

Predfan

Reaction score
Is this lifetime warranty available in canada or only in the states?

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
according to the zeigler site, a lifetime warranty for my 2019 Ram 4x4 is over $5,000? That's with the code too, is this what others are paying? I'm in CT if it makes any difference?

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
according to the zeigler site, a lifetime warranty for my 2019 Ram 4x4 is over $5,000? That's with the code too, is this what others are paying? I'm in CT if it makes any difference?

That's because you are looking at a $0 deductible quote...come back down with the rest of us and look at $100 or $200 deductibles lol.

$100 before code - $3355
$200 before code - $2995

mmhoium

Reaction score
Just purchased MaxCare Lifetime $200 deductible with the good folks at Ziegler. Have not taken possession of my truck yet - in transit right now - and they were still able to help. Fantastic customer service.

stevetom84

Reaction score
Just purchased MaxCare Lifetime $200 deductible with the good folks at Ziegler. Have not taken possession of my truck yet - in transit right now - and they were still able to help. Fantastic customer service.

Good news for those that may be in transit. I'm trying to get my VIN. When I do, I'm not sure if I'll be able to get the warranty since it will be a bit of time before the build sheet and window sticker are available.

stevetom84

Reaction score
I contacted the FCA extended warranty department and according to them there are no plans to discontinue the lifetime warranties and they knew exactly where this came from. They mentioned they have had problems with this seller and suspect it's nothing more than a sales tactic.

Clay at Robbins also doesn't know about it and is checking on it.

Dog Hauler

Reaction score
My dealer hasn't heard anything about the lifetime warranty being discontinued. I called Mopar Vehicle Protection and the fellow said that he's heard the rumor from other callers but they don't know anything about it. He also said that there have been very recent changes to the lifetime warranty, such as adding a $500 deductible option as well as other changes that seem inconsistent with the imminent demise of the warranty.

I don't know what department at MVP I was talking to, but that fellow directed me to call the MVP Sales dept. The fellow I talked to there said he'd also heard the rumor but was unaware of any such decision. He said he'd check into it and get back to me. When he called back, he said that no one on his end has any confirmation of the lifetime warranty being discontinued.

According to the poster that started the discontinuation discussion, Ziegler sent him an email stating that Chrysler announced the discontinuation of the lifetime plan. It seems to me that if Chrysler announced the discontinuation and if Ziegler knows about it, then other dealers (mine, for example) should know about it. And sure as heck the factory Mopar Vehicle Protection people should know about it. But they don't so it all sounds bogus to me.

For those of us yet to take delivery on an ordered vehicle it's a moot point because we can't buy the lifetime plan, or any other for that matter, until we take delivery. That's according to the MVP people I spoke to.

For you folks who already have your trucks and are sitting on the fence over whether to buy a lifetime plan or not, it's probably decision time. Figure your option to buy the lifetime plan expires on 11/30 and either decide to do it now or decide you're not going to do it. But don't whine about it if you don't and the lifetime plan in fact goes away on 11/30.

Here is a big question that comes to mind: why would Ziegler make this stuff up? That makes no sense because, as I understand it, Ziegler is a big seller of these plans. Making up a story like this may sell them a few plans they likely would have mostly sold anyway. There just isn't all that much money involved for Ziegler. And it's a one time shot because they couldn't keep pulling the same stunt. If they made this up, it makes them look stupid and why would they do that?

Dog Hauler

Reaction score
Good news for those that may be in transit. I'm trying to get my VIN. When I do, I'm not sure if I'll be able to get the warranty since it will be a bit of time before the build sheet and window sticker are available.

You can't buy the lifetime warranty or any extended warranty for that matter until you take delivery on the truck, according to the Mopar Vehicle Protection people. Among other issues, you won't have an in-service date until you take delivery and that is needed to purchase an extended warranty.

Dog Hauler

Reaction score

Not sure how that happened given what the Mopar Vehicle Protection people told me, but good for you if it's for real.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I also spoke Mopar Vehicle Protection, and the lady told me that flat out isn't true that it is going away at the end of the month.

Here is something interesting. Has anyone looked at Ziegler's website very recently? I don't see the message anymore about it being discontinued. In the light blue box where it used to be is a message that says:
Factory Plans is the best place to meet all your Mopar Vehicle Protection needs

So....did someone run with bad info from Ziegler and put it out there too soon? I'd be interested if they send out follow up emails to those people they advised yesterday if that is the case.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I also spoke Mopar Vehicle Protection, and the lady told me that flat out isn't true that it is going away at the end of the month.

Here is something interesting. Has anyone looked at Ziegler's website very recently? I don't see the message anymore about it being discontinued. In the light blue box where it used to be is a message that says:

So....did someone run with bad info from Ziegler and put it out there too soon? I'd be interested if they send out follow up emails to those people they advised yesterday if that is the case.

My suspicions were confirmed. I called Ziegler and here is what happened, per the lady i spoke with. Chrysler let Ziegler know about the plan to discontinue December 1st, but hadn't let other dealers across the country know yet. Ziegler immediately posted the information of course. Mopar called back Ziegler today and told them to take down the information on their site until they make their own formal announcement. Ziegler is anticipating that the official announcement is coming Monday from Mopar/Chrysler and will put back up the message advising of the plans going away as soon as that announcement is made.

So the info was good, the rush to print was not wanted by Mopar yet.

stevetom84

Reaction score

This all started from emails from Ziegler about the impending doom of the lifetime warranties. It seems that no one can confirm this this, mopar vehicle protection, other warranty sellers, etc. I would be surprised if Ziegler is the only one that has been made aware of this, but stranger things have happened. Just as a FYI, i just called Ziegler and they are still saying that the lifetime warranties will no longer be offered after November 30. There was a bit of hesitation in confirming, but they did confirm.

I honestly don't know what to think at this point.

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You can also buy the warranty if your vehicle is far enough along in the build process. Bob @ Zeigler said the offical Chrysler announcement will be early next week on discontinuation. If you send Zeigler your VIN they will let you know if they can add it, or it’s to early.

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You can refund the warranty within 60 days at no penalty if you buy the warranty, get cold feet, they don’t cance the lifetime plan, etc.

I talked with Chrysler warranty direct and they haven’t been made aware yet, but they have calls out. They also match or beat Zeigler pricing.

stevetom84

Reaction score
You can also buy the warranty if your vehicle is far enough along in the build process. Bob @ Zeigler said the offical Chrysler announcement will be early next week on discontinuation. If you send Zeigler your VIN they will let you know if they can add it, or it’s to early.

I don't even have a VIN yet, so if all this is true I'm sure I'm not far enough along in the build. I need to get my VIN and see what my options may be.

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't even have a VIN yet, so if all this is true I'm sure I'm not far enough along in the build. I need to get my VIN and see what my options may be.
Unfortunately I’m going to say you will probably not make the cut if it is truely discontinuated. Based on the reliability of Chrysler products in my own personal experience, they are probably losing money on the lifetime plan and it has to go.

UnLimited

Reaction score
agree, $365 discount, w/payinfull promo code still works..

Spike

Reaction score
Mopar warrenty, 6 years 100,000 miles was $1750 online.

Users who are viewing this thread