5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram Extended Warranty-Mopar ESP

Flot

Reaction score
I would always call and confirm any Mopar ESP pricing for contracts sold for residents who live in Florida. there are different rules.

When I bought from an out of state dealer there was a form which specifically called out that the extended warranty (service plan) was not an insurance policy and therefore wasn't part of Florida's price-fixing regulation. So this may be changing.

I live in FL and have bought a few online factory warranties, for the ones that I was worried about I "moved" to georgia and then "moved" back to florida a month later. About 2 hours work on the phone for $1500+ saved.

I've owned a couple of max care $100 deductable plans and always been happy with how those worked out.

Cmoar

Reaction score
After reading this thread I looked into the warranty I purchased for my truck, and I’m glad I did. I just asked for the extended warranty, and assumed I was getting the Mopar one. It is in fact from a 3rd party and I paid 2000 for it. Tonight I got a quote from the 800 number on the Mopar site for 6 years 60k miles for 1500, and Zeigler for 7 years 75k with the money back option for 1300 (with the $365 discount). Both are for Max Care.
So my question, to any of you who would know, is are they the same warranty just different providers? If both are factory Max Care is there any difference in the place they come from, or are they the same? One email is from Mopar service plans and the other is from Zeigler, both emails came with the max care brochure. Thank you for any advise you might have.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
After reading this thread I looked into the warranty I purchased for my truck, and I’m glad I did. I just asked for the extended warranty, and assumed I was getting the Mopar one. It is in fact from a 3rd party and I paid 2000 for it. Tonight I got a quote from the 800 number on the Mopar site for 6 years 60k miles for 1500, and Zeigler for 7 years 75k with the money back option for 1300 (with the $365 discount). Both are for Max Care.
So my question, to any of you who would know, is are they the same warranty just different providers? If both are factory Max Care is there any difference in the place they come from, or are they the same? One email is from Mopar service plans and the other is from Zeigler, both emails came with the max care brochure. Thank you for any advise you might have.

Zeigler is a Chrysler dealer and they are quoting you the same Maxcare warranty. I bought my lifetime Maxcare through Bob at Zeigler and it shows up in my Mopar account.

Cmoar

Reaction score
Zeigler is a Chrysler dealer and they are quoting you the same Maxcare warranty. I bought my lifetime Maxcare through Bob at Zeigler and it shows up in my Mopar account.
Thank you very much. I feel like this is a good deal for the piece of mind.

Dog Hauler

Reaction score

So you plan to buy the FCA extended warranty on top of the 3d party extended warranty? Ouch.

VinnyRam

Reaction score
Thank you very much. I feel like this is a good deal for the piece of mind.
I assume that you would have to do precisely what stated in the vehicle maintenance schedule or else they may find reasons to void the extended warranty work. Anyone has problem filing an extended warranty claim?

GregHBNA

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Bob @ Zeigler has always been great about throwing forum members discounts. Prices are competitve on the Mopar ESP's (several dealers selling them online), but Zeigler has always been the cheapest only if its by $25. Zeigler gets the plans added in the system the same day in most cases, and you can see your warranty already in your mopar.com documents. I just checked, the 'PAYINFULL" promo code still works for $365 off, and its the same MOPAR plan your own finance guy will try to sell you for thousands more.

http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/

GregHBNA

Reaction score
That goes with ANY extended warranty.

I assume that you would have to do precisely what stated in the vehicle maintenance schedule or else they may find reasons to void the extended warranty work. Anyone has problem filing an extended warranty claim?

Cmoar

Reaction score
So you plan to buy the FCA extended warranty on top of the 3d party extended warranty? Ouch.
No I'm canceling the 3rd party and with the refund (just some to my dealer today) it will pay for the FCA with almost $700 left over.

Cmoar

Reaction score
It does say you have to follow the recommended maintenance in the manual, but I do that anyway. I've had vehicles that the warranty paid for itself easily, and others I never used it on. I like the fact I get a full refund if I don't use it is nice, and if I do I don't think buying the $1300 cost mark would be hard.

RenoRam

Reaction score
I requested a quote from Ziegler yesterday and just received an email that Lifetime warranties will cease to offered after Nov 30. Here is the text provided "Mopar has announced that LIFETIME Maximum Care, Added Care Plus and Powertrain Care Vehicle Protection Plans will NOT be available, beginning December 1, 2018. As a result, if you want a Lifetime Maximum Care Plan covering over 5,000 components you will want to obtain a Quick Quote from our Zeigler Auto Group website before November 30, 3018, the last day you can purchase a Lifetime Plan."

itsrname2

Reaction score
Yes that is true. I got the same email. Im glad I got my lifetime warranty!!

GregHBNA

Reaction score
CONFIRMED.

I requested a quote from Ziegler yesterday and just received an email that Lifetime warranties will cease to offered after Nov 30. Here is the text provided "Mopar has announced that LIFETIME Maximum Care, Added Care Plus and Powertrain Care Vehicle Protection Plans will NOT be available, beginning December 1, 2018. As a result, if you want a Lifetime Maximum Care Plan covering over 5,000 components you will want to obtain a Quick Quote from our Zeigler Auto Group website before November 30, 3018, the last day you can purchase a Lifetime Plan."

stevetom84

Reaction score
Anyone know if you can purchase the warranty before delivery? I recently ordered and am hoping I can order the lifetime warranty once I receive my VIN. There is a 60 day refund, so I should be covered if for whatever reason I can't take delivery of the truck.

GregHBNA

Reaction score
Perhaps, but you would need the Vin #.

Call BOB @ Zeigler and ask 866.943.7778

Anyone know if you can purchase the warranty before delivery? I recently ordered and am hoping I can order the lifetime warranty once I receive my VIN. There is a 60 day refund, so I should be covered if for whatever reason I can't take delivery of the truck.

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They won’t sell a warranty until the vehicle shows as delivered/in possession of end users. They used to be able to sell them once the truck shipped but that changed. Because they are stopping the lifetime maybe they will make an exception.

stevetom84

Reaction score
They won’t sell a warranty until the vehicle shows as delivered/in possession of end users. They used to be able to sell them once the truck shipped but that changed. Because they are stopping the lifetime maybe they will make an exception.

Thanks for the info. I don't even have my VIN yet and it certainly won't ship before the end of the month. I guess I just need to get my VIN and see if I have any options to get the lifetime warranty.

FreeNC

Reaction score
I got an email from Zeigler stating the lifetime warranty was going away for good at the end of November. Mopar would not be offering it going forward. I am not sure if this is correct but just passing along for those on the fence.

GregHBNA

Reaction score
It has been confirmed from several sources, including Bob @ Zeigler.

I got an email from Zeigler stating the lifetime warranty was going away for good at the end of November. Mopar would not be offering it going forward. I am not sure if this is correct but just passing along for those on the fence.

Dog Hauler

Reaction score

I'm in that boat, as well. Crap. I was counting on that warranty to keep a very tech heavy (read: expensive to repair and prone to malfunction) truck for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread