5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram Bighorn back window leaking

Bigboy72

Reaction score
So I just purchased a 2019 Bighorn with 22k miles on it two weeks ago. Well the dreaded crack is in the trim in two places on the glass. Just experienced my first heavy rain and noticed a few drips from one of the cracks so I took the truck into the dealership and wouldn’t you know it the 3yr/36k mile just expired at the first of April. So the service department is telling me that can’t do anything about it unless I go through some lengthy process of contacting FCA. My question is are most people being turned away or even told they’d be responsible for paying for this? This is absolutely ridiculous.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe some have had warranty work honored just outside of coverage due to it being a known issue. Try searching and try contacting @RamCares on this forum. Good luck!

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
They should fix it as a courtesy. It's never gonna be a recall since it's not a safety issue.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Ask @RamCares to open a STAR case and hopefully they will do a good will repair.

This issue is not the fault of the user. It is a design flaw by FCA specifically (sort of like the ill designed AC from years ago)

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So I just purchased a 2019 Bighorn with 22k miles on it two weeks ago. Well the dreaded crack is in the trim in two places on the glass. Just experienced my first heavy rain and noticed a few drips from one of the cracks so I took the truck into the dealership and wouldn’t you know it the 3yr/36k mile just expired at the first of April. So the service department is telling me that can’t do anything about it unless I go through some lengthy process of contacting FCA. My question is are most people being turned away or even told they’d be responsible for paying for this? This is absolutely ridiculous.
Hi Bigboy72,
We responded to your message, please take some time to review it and get back with us at your earliest convenience.

Rob
Ram Cares

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ask @RamCares to open a STAR case and hopefully they will do a good will repair.

This issue is not the fault of the user. It is a design flaw by FCA specifically (sort of like the ill designed AC from years ago)
It's on the dealer, the service department ultimately decides who and what gets goodwill repaired.

Users who are viewing this thread