5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RAM 2nd year Registration Fee (CA)

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
In fact they are still in massive debt. Just because you take liabilities off your budget doesn't mean they go away... Which is exactly why the taxes are still so high and will continue to rise.

Those bastards and their media slide of hand!!! Though, not sure if that makes California unique in their financing compared to other states or in fact the United States.

Tundralag

Reaction score
wonder what part of Texas you are in because they made me go get an inspection in Denton county DFW area.
Was it new or used when you bought it?? New vehicles in Texas get two year stickers.. then you pay for registration and inspection each year after that.

ABQ Mike

Reaction score
What everybody is paying for Registration Renewal?
Here is how much tags will cost me in CA for 2nd year.
$70 a year flat in New Mexico

I lived in Arizona prior to this and Phoenix would be $600-700 a year on newer expensive vehicles as it goes by msrp/vehicle value... however at least in Phoenix, we have the nicest roads and freeways in the country... California just wastes your money on social services and a never to be finished train

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
Was it new or used when you bought it?? New vehicles in Texas get two year stickers.. then you pay for registration and inspection each year after that.
My truck was brand new and they wouldn’t let me register without getting an inspection first and I thought that was the dumbest thing ever.

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
My truck was brand new and they wouldn’t let me register without getting an inspection first and I thought that was the dumbest thing ever.
I bought it from Missouri though and drove it down and registered it once I got back to Texas. Maybe that’s the difference.

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You know what a great feel good policy is, implementing tariffs that drive business away from manufacturing and farming and pass increased taxes onto
American consumers then having to bail out those industries with tax payer money in the billions .... then adding more tariffs again and again and again

Mexico is loving our new trade policy

Now we got politics involved!!!!!

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
wonder what part of Texas you are in because they made me go get an inspection in Denton county DFW area.
Ive been in Dallas County and I haven't had to inspect a "new" car after the first year ever. I dont know. maybe they changed something. They always are.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ive been in Dallas County and I haven't had to inspect a "new" car after the first year ever. I dont know. maybe they changed something. They always are.
Yeah, any car out of state has to be inspected. In fact any new car when it hits the dealer their PDI includes all cars being inspected before being put on lot to sell. So now you said what you did it makes sense... but yes what you had to do is correct. Had you bought it a dealer in texas the dealer would have already inspected it. You had to probably get a green sheet and all. Different states have different inspection requirements.

Brisoup1

Reaction score
Yeah, any car out of state has to be inspected. In fact any new car when it hits the dealer their PDI includes all cars being inspected before being put on lot to sell. So now you said what you did it makes sense... but yes what you had to do is correct. Had you bought it a dealer in texas the dealer would have already inspected it. You had to probably get a green sheet and all. Different states have different inspection requirements.
In Delaware, if you purchase a new vehicle, it doesn't need to be inspected for 5 years. When you have to renew the registration, you must have the state inspection done in order to have the registration renewed. The inspection entails going to the DMV & pulling into a stall and just checking your lights, horn etc. In Pennsylvania, where I bought my Ram, the vehicle must be inspected before It's sold. Needless to say, those stickers came off the windshield as soon as I got home.

airgas1998

Reaction score
not just CA here in bumfuk IA it's 1% of msrp...so good ole' 660 bux for me, and it takes at least five years before it mildly goes down...

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The population is growing due to illegal immigration. A lot of them don't drive their vehicles legally so the registration fee doesn't affect them.

Please cite your sources for your statement, because I believe your statement is incorrect.

As it turns out, there is indeed net "OUTmigration" from California for all annual income levels below $110,000 and all educational degrees below post-graduate. Which means that overall California is gaining the more educated, higher-earning individuals, i.e. there is net "INmigration" for higher incomes and higher educational levels. Which definitely would seem to counter your statement that "The population is growing due to illegal immigration.", because how many illegal immigrants do you think have masters degrees or PhDs, and make more than $110,000 per year? Here is my source for the numbers quoted in this paragraph: https://lao.ca.gov/laoecontax/article/detail/265

There are any number of articles that chronicle the fact that there has been a negative flow of immigrants across the southern border between CA and Mexico:
https://www.politifact.com/wisconsi...periencing-net-outflow-illegal-undocumented-/

Between 2007 and 2017 the number of illegal immigrants from Mexico declined from 6.9 to 4.9 million:
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/06/28/what-we-know-about-illegal-immigration-from-mexico/

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Geez man nobody really even got political and you got your panties all wadded up. California is California, it’s not liked by most people that are even remotely conservative and what’s worse is California’s disfunction has actually affected residents of many other states not the other way around.

You've got it backwards. The ones with their "panties all wadded up" as you put it are the ones dog-piling on California and complaining about the cost of vehicle registration in CA when the vast majority of the reaction posters don't even live there, so it has no affect on them. The discussion has absolutely nothing to do with Ram trucks, it has only to do with the OP complaining about the cost of vehicle registration where he/she lives.

Complaining about California (or any state for that matter) has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with 5th gen Ram trucks. It's entirely political.

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
Glad I just moved back to Florida... No more inspections for me...

AndreiV

Reaction score
You've got it backwards. The ones with their "panties all wadded up" as you put it are the ones dog-piling on California and complaining about the cost of vehicle registration in CA when the vast majority of the reaction posters don't even live there, so it has no affect on them. The discussion has absolutely nothing to do with Ram trucks, it has only to do with the OP complaining about the cost of vehicle registration where he/she lives.

Complaining about California (or any state for that matter) has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with 5th gen Ram trucks. It's entirely political.
Hmm, ok, I was not complaining at all, was just curious how it is in other states. I am far from politics and dont really care, just living a dream. Did not expect it to turn out this way but gained allot of valuable information and different points of view.

Joker4L

Reaction score
I hated California! I was so glad when my tour there was over. I’m now in the great state of Georgia :). I will never go back to that place

miller89

Reaction score
Cheap.

I suspect mine will be $900 to $1000 this year and $850 next in Colorado.
THIS!
I live in Colorado Springs, my temp's are expired because I don't want to bite the bullet and spend a grand on registration fee's.

41magmag41

Reaction score
I live in New Hampshire, we have no sales or income tax but they do get us on property tax and car reg, thanks to a democratic governor 3 years ago she doubled our reg fees. In November when I renew my reg on the 2019 Ram 1500 I'll spend $760.00 to keep my plates. Top that if you can.

Users who are viewing this thread