5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RAM 2nd year Registration Fee (CA)

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was surprised were aren't the most expensive for registration. Apparently Colorado is like $900 - $1000, though I think overall cost including insurance and fuel makes up for it. From what I just read, California is the 2nd most expensive state to own a car while Michigan is number 1.

Colorado is full of Californians now and rapidly adopting California’s ideas. It’s not the Colorado it used to be. We have a Governor that wants to implement California’s emissions policies in a place that they would have no effect!

thabiiighomie

Reaction score
Cincinnati, Ohio/Hamilton County. My truck is registered under my business’s name, so it is in fact a commercial vehicle. Commercial registration is $155 annually to be rated for 14,000 lbs.

mjamesgt

Reaction score
$20 bucks in GA to renew for the year. I always find it comical how much BS California taxes people for yet they are still running the state at a deficit. Why does anyone live there...

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
$20 bucks in GA to renew for the year. I always find it comical how much BS California taxes people for yet they are still running the state at a deficit. Why does anyone live there...

I'm not one to support California legislature, but they are not running at a deficit, they have a 21 billion dollar surplus this year. A record actually, which I'm wondering why taxes are still staying so strong.

As to why people live here, it's a huge state and every area has it's pluses and minuses. I live in San Diego, which is the largest city in the US with a republican mayor, large military town, and one of the nicest places in the World to live. However, it is expensive to live here, I will retire out of State probably.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
75$ in a very blue state

When I lived in Georgia they taxed vehicles yearly on total value like a new car purchase

California is the 8th largest economy in the WORLD lest we forget

Thank God the republicans aren’t in charge here where I live economically or defining our values - their current motive is to dissolve the States services for disabilities and throw them out on the street .... bunch of losers

5th actually, ahead of Great Britain now.

R

Rob5589

Colorado is full of Californians now and rapidly adopting California’s ideas. It’s not the Colorado it used to be. We have a Governor that wants to implement California’s emissions policies in a place that they would have no effect!
Yep, the invasion continues. Same with Idaho, Oregon, parts of Montana, etc. Interesting how people leave a state to get away from xyz, but bring those same ideals with them. That is why people do not like Californians.

P.S. Calirado sounds about right :LOL:

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Cheap.

I suspect mine will be $900 to $1000 this year and $850 next in Colorado.

Yep, Calirado is worse than Cali.... Washington State used to be horrible but I haven't lived there in almost 20 years so I don't know if they still are. Motorhome was over $4K for the first year and truck would have been around $1100..... Thank goodness for DV plates, $3 in Texas and Free in Colorado.

mjamesgt

Reaction score
I'm not one to support California legislature, but they are not running at a deficit, they have a 21 billion dollar surplus this year. A record actually, which I'm wondering why taxes are still staying so strong.

As to why people live here, it's a huge state and every area has it's pluses and minuses. I live in San Diego, which is the largest city in the US with a republican mayor, large military town, and one of the nicest places in the World to live. However, it is expensive to live here, I will retire out of State probably.

In fact they are still in massive debt. Just because you take liabilities off your budget doesn't mean they go away... Which is exactly why the taxes are still so high and will continue to rise.

Brisoup1

Reaction score
The registration fee for Delaware is $40 per year. If you purchase a new vehicle, you have to pay a 3.75% tax on the MSRP. If you buy a used vehicle you have to pay 3.75% on what you paid or the KBB value, which ever is greatest. If you move to Delaware, you have to pay 3.75% tax on the KBB value of the vehicle. In any instance, you also have to pay a $20 documentation fee. I registered my Ram for 5 years & paid $200.

spaightlabs

Reaction score
Yeah Colorado rips us off. Mine will be over $1000 easy, still can’t get over that ridiculous annual tax since moving here. I don’t know how they get away with charging us so much.

Property taxes are lower than a lot of places with lower registration

spaightlabs

Reaction score

With our exceptionally poor air quality and frequent violation of air quality standards why wouldn't those policies help in your mind?

kittyjo

Reaction score
North Carolina first year registration 687$

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With our exceptionally poor air quality and frequent violation of air quality standards why wouldn't those policies help in your mind?

Those air quality assessments are a liberal fabricated benchmark. For gods sake the wind blows from West to East and North to south regularly at 30 mph and neither of the largest cities in CO reside in a bowl. The air in Colorado Springs is in Kansas in an hour on most days. But the idea of charging everyone even more money for feel good liberal policies is what drives these liberal govts these days and people just fall in line like sheep! If Polis wants to add emissions laws in the urban sprawl of Denver then have at it, but to implement LAWS that don’t apply to the rest of the state is just highway robbery!

Last edited:

J4U

Reaction score
The anitichrist will come from California.

Politics has taken a strong hold in this thread so why not.

I think this was started just to see what others were paying. To either make you feel good or realize you really do pay a lot more. Not to determine the financial destruction of each state or other areas that might be better.

Just a slice of the American Dream that is getting burned in the oven of those that don't have to cook.

tncal

Reaction score
In Tenn it's a flat $29..... $31 if they mail it to you.

HotHareSpey

Reaction score
Those air quality assessments are a liberal fabricated benchmark. For gods sake the wind blows from West to East and North to south regularly at 30 mph and neither of the largest cities in CO reside in a bowl. The air in Colorado Springs is in Kansas in an hour on most days. But the idea of charging everyone even more money for feel good liberal policies is what drives these liberal govts these days and people just fall in line like sheep! If Polis wants to add emissions laws in the urban sprawl of Denver then have at it, but to implement LAWS that don’t apply to the rest of the state is just highway robbery!

You know what a great feel good policy is, implementing tariffs that drive business away from manufacturing and farming and pass increased taxes onto
American consumers then having to bail out those industries with tax payer money in the billions .... then adding more tariffs again and again and again

Mexico is loving our new trade policy

kittyjo

Reaction score
What about insurance cost? Mine is 50$ a month usaa

Users who are viewing this thread