5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RAM 2nd year Registration Fee (CA)

J4U

Reaction score
That's cheap, mine will probably be just at or above $1K the second year.

Had some credit on my old plates and still the initial was over 1100. What is worse it really never goes down that much... Legal robbery

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah Colorado rips us off. Mine will be over $1000 easy, still can’t get over that ridiculous annual tax since moving here. I don’t know how they get away with charging us so much.

Reactions: J4U

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Isn't the state of Washington considering charging people by the mile they drive?
It’s been brought up. It’ll kill a lot of people who regularly commute from cheaper cities outside of Seattle.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah Colorado rips us off. Mine will be over $1000 easy, still can’t get over that ridiculous annual tax since moving here. I don’t know how they get away with charging us so much.

Wow, sorry to hear that, I was convinced California had the highest registration fees, but I was clearly wrong.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just my opinion, but I'd much prefer to have ONE website on the planet that doesn't devolve into political crap. I thought 5thgenrams was that one place, but not any longer.

I'm a lifelong conservative, living in CA because I was born here, have family here, and earn my living here (self employed). So believe me, I already know what it costs to live in CA, and we already know what everyone outside of CA thinks of CA. Funny, I don't think any of you have heard those of us in CA bashing your states and getting righteously indignant and political as so many of you have done in this thread.

It was so nice to participate in the friendly, helpful exchanges related strictly to Ram trucks, devoid of haters and political and social commentary. If you want to wrestle in the political mud, there are a ton of other sites that will happily welcome those posts.

Please, let's not spoil what is great about 5thgenrams.com.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Just my opinion, but I'd much prefer to have ONE website on the planet that doesn't devolve into political crap. I thought 5thgenrams was that one place, but not any longer.

I'm a lifelong conservative, living in CA because I was born here, have family here, and earn my living here (self employed). So believe me, I already know what it costs to live in CA, and we already know what everyone outside of CA thinks of CA. Funny, I don't think any of you have heard those of us in CA bashing your states and getting righteously indignant and political as so many of you have done in this thread.

It was so nice to participate in the friendly, helpful exchanges related strictly to Ram trucks, devoid of haters and political and social commentary. If you want to wrestle in the political mud, there are a ton of other sites that will happily welcome those posts.

Every state has their issues, but it seems like California draws the eerie from so many other people, many who hear things which are half truths and some pure legend that is far from the truth. It's the most populous state in the Union, has the largest GDP (higher than 2 (Texas) and 3 (Florida) combined, has been a consistent "giver state", which pays more to the Federal government than it receives unlike many other states that take.

Like many, I settled in California after my military service commitment was done, San Diego specifically. I've been all over the World but I honestly think this is one of the best places to live and raise my kids. But, after I retire I don't think I can afford to live here anymore.

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Geez man nobody really even got political and you got your panties all wadded up. California is California, it’s not liked by most people that are even remotely conservative and what’s worse is California’s disfunction has actually affected residents of many other states not the other way around.

Brisoup1

Reaction score
I wish more would move out. Even with a large amount moving out, the population is still growing. Though with the average price of a new home at $550,000, I think I'll cash out and move to Utah when I retire.
The population is growing due to illegal immigration. A lot of them don't drive their vehicles legally so the registration fee doesn't affect them.

Brisoup1

Reaction score
Geez man nobody really even got political and you got your panties all wadded up. California is California, it’s not liked by most people that are even remotely conservative and what’s worse is California’s disfunction has actually affected residents of many other states not the other way around.
We're just quoting how California taxes & fees are outrageous, which is the truth.

blownout1500

Reaction score

Second that.

Here in CA because I’ve built a business that isn’t portable. Beautiful state, but expensive.

Hearing out of state folks roast CA is like listening to a broke guy in a rusty 3rd gen saying he’d never buy a 5th gen cause it looks like a Tundra.

He’s never gonna buy it because he CAN’T. :ROFLMAO:

But CA sure ain’t perfect... my ~$700 registration is a small part of the proof.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
The population is growing due to illegal immigration. A lot of them don't drive their vehicles legally so the registration fee doesn't affect them.

Sure, lots of people jumping the border to pick fruit are driving cars. Though I guess registration is cheap(ish) if you got a cheap car, though not sure how they can get it registered and pay for the tag without an ID. I guess they can steal them?

But seriously, California population growth, the ones actually paying rent and buying housing is coming from internal population growth or job growth. Most new job growth these last couple of years nationally has come from California. I work in venture capital, we specialize in brand new business startups, they get sold to out of state companies and move out. Rinse and repeat. Most of the people leaving are retiring folks who sell their houses for $$$ and move somewhere with much lower cost of living.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Second that.

Here in CA because I’ve built a business that isn’t portable. Beautiful state, but expensive.

Hearing out of state folks roast CA is like listening to a broke guy in a rusty 3rd gen saying he’d never buy a 5th gen cause it looks like a Tundra.

He’s never gonna buy it because he CAN’T. :ROFLMAO:

But CA sure ain’t perfect... my ~$700 registration is a small part of the proof.

I was surprised were aren't the most expensive for registration. Apparently Colorado is like $900 - $1000, though I think overall cost including insurance and fuel makes up for it. From what I just read, California is the 2nd most expensive state to own a car while Michigan is number 1.

HotHareSpey

Reaction score
75$ in a very blue state

When I lived in Georgia they taxed vehicles yearly on total value like a new car purchase

California is the 8th largest economy in the WORLD lest we forget

Thank God the republicans aren’t in charge here where I live economically or defining our values - their current motive is to dissolve the States services for disabilities and throw them out on the street .... bunch of losers

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I recently renewed mine in Pa, cost was $94.

Many of you in this thread who have that high yearly tax on your vehicles do enjoy better taxes on other items or daily cost items so you really have to look at things in a whole. CA however does take the cake, they seem to have the highest taxes on everything and cost of living is just as high.

Klute

Reaction score
Just renewed (2 year) both vehicles (my truck and wife's 2013 Kia Optima) and it was $184 total...both with a surcharge for personalized plates. CA is crazy expensive, don't know how anyone can afford to live there. Great state and places to visit.

compman72

Reaction score
In Georgia we pay all the taxes at the time of purchasing. Yearly tag renewal is just $20.00

Users who are viewing this thread