5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ram 1500 lemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishintxs

Reaction score
I bought a truck Saturday and Sunday the key switch is dead. I have to push the unlock button on key.fob and then it will start

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tough to have a blemish or fault with your new rig... but that's why we have warranties, it's part of the deal.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
D

Deleted member 85

While annoying as all hell, if that is the only issue you've got, that's a pretty livable one until it is fixed. Some guys have screaming brakes, A/C that won't get cold, leaks into their backseat... I'd take the press unlock to start over any of those for how little invasive that fix will be.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a truck Saturday and Sunday the key switch is dead. I have to push the unlock button on key.fob and then it will start

Unless your door has another cars front bumper lodged in it, how are you on tap to pay for it? If your dealership doesn't make this right, get @RamCares involved.

Fishintxs

Reaction score

The dealership obviously can't fix it. Or they would not have sold it to me that way.

syddog 2000

Reaction score
Unless your door has another cars front bumper lodged in it, how are you on tap to pay for it? If your dealership doesn't make this right, get @RamCares involved.
Good advice, this issue should not be a deal breaker in my opinion.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
The dealership obviously can't fix it. Or they would not have sold it to me that way.
Hold on a sec, I assume it worked fine when you bought the truck on Saturday, right? And then it stopped working the next day?

...so how is the dealership obviously unable to fix it? :unsure:

Uh, have you even taken it back to the dealership?

Last edited:

Fishintxs

Reaction score
Hold on a sec, I assume it worked fine when you bought the truck on Saturday, right? And then it stopped working the next day?

...so how is the dealership obviously unable to fix it? :unsure:

Uh, have you even taken it back to the dealership?
Well yes, would you not take it back? Now it is time to lawyer up.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
Well yes, would you not take it back? Now it is time to lawyer up.
Of course I'd take it back to the dealership and have them fix the issue. That's what the warranty is for...

Have you been back to the dealer to have them fix it since this part broke the day after you got it from the dealer?

If you haven't been back to the dealer yet, then, sure, go ahead and try to lawyer up, though any halfway competent lawyer, and certainly FCA's lawyers, will just laugh at you if you haven't taken it in for an attempted warranty repair yet and go straight to the lemon law process. You're most likely not even remotely close to being eligible to file a lemon law complaint at this point, anyways.

Last edited:

DSOOBY

Reaction score
Please tell me this is a troll thread... it HAS to be.

I really hope so, otherwise this guy better be ready to be laughed at by any consumer protection attorney he solicits help from.

To the OP just take it back to the dealer and use your warranty, that's what it's there for.

warvet

Reaction score
Man, you guys fell for this post?? for real?? Over on the harley forum, we have a lot of posts just like this lol .....joined at 9:06, posted at 9:13. He's actually a GMC guy trying to get me to come back and get my trade in.

BTW, I have a lemon too. The stupid SXM Guardian/uconnect app won't remote start my truck each and every time. Time to lawyer up cuz the salesman can't fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread