5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ram 1500 hood flexing.

Twoamen

Reaction score
Yes, this dealer is a good one, but reading the forums kinda gives you the pulse of the trouble discussion. Sometimes the forums actually inform the dealers of issues. If they were to run a bead of glue along east west on the seam it would not of extended towards the hood edge north and south which may need the support. Tomorrow I'll drive the 60 mph. If it has contained the flex than I know the support worked. Then I'll have a solution to argue with the dealer.

Craftman

Reaction score
This is why sitting on the fence for a few months is a good idea. Issues will pop as trucks hit the road. Plus the more 2019 trucks the dealer has on the lot, the more incentive they have to offer bigger discounts.

So far nothing major.

Twoamen

Reaction score
Yep, fixed. The foam board stopped the flutter. The issue has its own name In fact they even make adhisve for HOOD FLUTTER... look up hood flutter on Google. one forum report back to 1980 with the hood flutter. Evidently it is more bothersome than structurally dangerous. Apparently been going on across the board makes of vehicles. . A lot on wranglers...

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Twoamen said:
Yep, fixed. The foam board stopped the flutter. The issue has its own name In fact they even make adhisve for HOOD FLUTTER... look up hood flutter on Google. one forum report back to 1980 with the hood flutter. Evidently it is more bothersome than structurally dangerous. Apparently been going on across the board makes of vehicles. . A lot on wranglers...
Awesome! Can you post some additional pictures from further back showing the underhood area where you placed the foam?

Twoamen

Reaction score
I already reinstalled the deading panel. Those attachment pins won't handle another pop out.
Wasn't much elses to see.
The foam board fixed the hood flutter on my truck

chevellein

Reaction score
Just had the dealer fix the flutter. I only had 200 miles on it when it started.

4midlife

Reaction score
There is a fix for the hood issue. Not sure exactly what they do but my dealer kept mine overnight to add some epoxy or something to fix for hood flex.

Sobczynd

Reaction score
FWIW, my '14 F150 had an aluminum hood and would bow inward a bit while going through the dryers at the carwash - no issues with it.

My current ride - '16 F150 - all aluminum truck, doesn't bow at all and no issues with the hood. As to the comments on that other site about the aluminum puncturing in the commercial - who is dumping bricks in the bare bed of a $50,000 pickup!? I've had no issues with the aluminum and will miss it.
Just noticed today that the right gap on the hood is way off and the left side is completley fine. 2019 warlock 2500 miles. Is there a fix for the flexing ? Will the dealership just bend it back and what's the stop from it happening again?

Sobczynd

Reaction score
There is a fix for the hood issue. Not sure exactly what they do but my dealer kept mine overnight to add some epoxy or something to fix for hood flex.
expand...
Just noticed today that the right gap on the hood is way off and the left side is completley fine. 2019 warlock 2500 miles. Is there a fix for the flexing ? Will the dealership just bend it back and what's the stop from it happening again?

Sobczynd

Reaction score
expand...

Attachments

• 20200207_204223.jpg
    20200207_204223.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 20200207_204216.jpg
    20200207_204216.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 15

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks like hood alignment is off....take it to the dealer. There is also a TSB for the hood flutter, based on build dates. It did not apply to my 5/31/18 built 1500.

Sobczynd

Reaction score
Looks like hood alignment is off....take it to the dealer. There is also a TSB for the hood flutter, based on build dates. It did not apply to my 5/31/18 built 1500.
Ty, hasn't fluttered yet but noticed this after going through a car was probably from the air blowers, but still shouldn't happen as I've had other cars go through this wash with no problems. Frustrating considering its 3 months old.

Users who are viewing this thread