5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RAM 1500 hellwig swaybar

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Those of you who’ve installed this are you actually torquing to the recommend 25-30lbs with a calibrated torque wrench or just cranking it up tight with a ratchet?

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Those of you who’ve installed this are you actually torquing to the recommend 25-30lbs with a calibrated torque wrench or just cranking it up tight with a ratchet?
I torqued mine to 28 ft-lbs....only because I have a torque wrench. You probably don't need one; just be careful not to over-torque and strip the anchors.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine was torqued as I used to swap out a lot of wheels and don’t guess when it came to that..

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine was torqued as I used to swap out a lot of wheels and don’t guess when it came to that..
I figured it would be best to torque to spec. I’ll just grab one from work when it arrives. Thanks.

Toothninja

Reaction score
If I lift 6”, do I need the lifted version? The reason I ask is that the lifted version says 4”...at least from what I’ve read. Thanks in advance.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
If I lift 6”, do I need the lifted version? The reason I ask is that the lifted version says 4”...at least from what I’ve read. Thanks in advance.
I believe you will need the extended Hellwig links as well, but to be sure, I would contact them. I’ve heard good things about their customer support.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You will need the adjustable links for a 6" lift. If you contact Hellwig, they will tell you that you need the adjustable links for any lift or modification that raises the truck more than 2" or that replaces the stock spring height....at least that is what they told me.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
You will need the adjustable links for a 6" lift. If you contact Hellwig, they will tell you that you need the adjustable links for any lift or modification that raises the truck more than 2" or that replaces the stock spring height....at least that is what they told me.
Yeah, that's what I thought. Thanks for confirming this.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
Lets be clear, this is a stability part for on road use. This will stiffen the rear end and limit articulation off road. Per usual the factory part is a happy medium.
This is my concern also. I do not do too much off road but I do drive in a lot of snowy conditions as well as want to maintain the comfort that the individual springs provide on potholes and such...also the occasional dirt road I would like it to maintain a good feel.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
This is my concern also. I do not do too much off road but I do drive in a lot of snowy conditions as well as want to maintain the comfort that the individual springs provide on potholes and such...also the occasional dirt road I would like it to maintain a good feel.
Unless you'll be rock crawling, you will be totally fine with the Hellwig. Your concern is unfounded.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Follow up on the 4 x 70# sand tubes in the bed. It's too much weight as you can feel too much rear bias at speed. 3 x 70# is the sweet spot for my Rebel. I did some high speed testing (remote site, closed course just north of Mexico City, Mexico) and the truck is solid up to 105 mph or whatever the limiter is.

Go fast and test well, LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread