5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RAM 1500 hellwig swaybar

How long has it been since you installed it, when did it start happening, and when does it happen? Every time you go over something, when you turn, etc.?

It’s been a few weeks, I can’t remember for sure. I thought I was noticing it last week but it was hard to tell. Today as I was backing out of a client’s angled and pitched driveway I felt it in reverse, then pulled forward and it happened again, then reverse and it happened again. Always slow speed.

How long has it been since you installed it, when did it start happening, and when does it happen? Every time you go over something, when you turn, etc.?

Also, this is the only mod I have done, I had my client come out and listen and he said it was definitely coming from the rear axle area, I have 6100 miles on it.

Also, this is the only mod I have done, I had my client come out and listen and he said it was definitely coming from the rear axle area, I have 6100 miles on it.
Doubt’s the bar. It’s a solid hunk of spring steel. Check end links and all fasteners to ensure they’re tight.

Doubt’s the bar. It’s a solid hunk of spring steel. Check end links and all fasteners to ensure they’re tight.

What else could it possibly be? I haven't changed anything, it only happens at slow speeds, comes from the rear.

Also check to make sure the bushings are the proper size. Earlier in this thread ( I think it was this thread) someone received a bar with bushings that the ID was much too big for the bar.

How do you check that? I have a torque wrench but the end link bolts require 2 wrenches.
You’ll have to wing it. The end links you can pretty much tighten it until it stops. Then you’re good.

You’ll have to wing it. The end links you can pretty much tighten it until it stops. Then you’re good.

Yeah that’s what I did the first time. I just checked and the passenger side one was a little loose. I ended up almost stripping the 8mm tightening them down today.

Yeah that’s what I did the first time. I just checked and the passenger side one was a little loose. I ended up almost stripping the 8mm tightening them down today.
Ah, glad to hear. Assuming that was the cause of the clunk hopefully?

I installed the Hellwig today. I wasn't sure if all the praise on here was groupthink or not but I want as much stability as possible when towing so I decided to try one out.

The install was easy one I figured out the end link bolts. I went right for the middle setting based on recommendations in this thread. I'm happy to say there is definitely a noticeable difference in body roll now. I'm going to see how this setting affects towing before I try the stiffest setting.

It's not hard to see why there is a difference when you compare the stock bar to the Hellwig side-by-side. This bar is clearly better built and makes the stock one seem like a toy.

I posted way back when I test drove a stand and air suspension Rebel back-to-back about how the air ride felt "wallowy" and I think this has gone a long way to fix that.

While I am sure there is some scientific proof in the difference between stock and Hellwig; its good to know that pretty much everyone has felt the difference in a positive manner towards the Hellwig. My wifey calls me the "princess and the pea" because I can feel all the variables which mainly comes from bad back/surgery/sciatica problems. I explained it to her years ago that it is like the old game Operation. Moving my spine a millimeter can cause pains and feels like the electric shock of the Operation game hitting the edges!!! Especially on my "bad days". She actually let me pick out the king size bed this time!!!

With all the variables of our trucks/weights/accessories etc...good to know others feeling the difference too! It also adds the fun factor when hooking a good curve safely.

Ordered.............you bastards for making me spend $$$

Seriously, I'm coming from a Tundra with TRD sway bar and the Rebel has definitely felt loose in the rear.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ordered.............you bastards for making me spend $$$

Seriously, I'm coming from a Tundra with TRD sway bar and the Rebel has definitely felt loose in the rear.

o/""""""""""""J <--< fishy fishy
^

that is my old school version of man with fishing pole---hook line sinker--- HOOKED!!!! LMAO!!!!

Seriously you will feel the difference!!!

And....you set me up with your comments for this joke (I think both men and women can appreciate this joke if I pull it off without offending anyone).......I think we all can regardless of the $$$ appreciate a tight rear....bada boom!!!!

And....you set me up with your comments for this joke (I think both men and women can appreciate this joke if I pull it off without offending anyone).......I think we all can regardless of the $$$ appreciate a tight rear....bada boom!!!!

I'm offended that you think I might find your joke offensive. ;)

Got mine in and wow, what a mod! I'm in a Rebel and went with the tightest setting. Perfect ride. You can feel the drastic difference just pulling out of the garage. I have a lot of fast 2 lane country roads near my house with lots of on & off camber turns, tight and long sweepers and lots of elevation change mixed in. The truck is now VERY buttoned down no matter the speed.

On the install I reused the bushing bracket bolts as I saw no need to use what Hellwig supplied.

Last edited:
Got mine in and wow, what a mod! I'm in a Rebel and went with the tightest setting. Perfect ride. You can feel the drastic difference just pulling out of the garage. I have a lot of fast 2 lane country roads near my house with lots of on & off camber turns, tight and long sweepers and lots of elevation change mixed in. The truck is now VERY buttoned down no matter the speed.

On the install I reused the bushing bracket bolts as I saw no need to use what Hellwig supplied.

That’s how I am running mine too. I tried the middle position first and was pleased but wanted more. So I tried the stiffest position and won’t be changing it again

Ummm _StangPGH, how you like us bastards now???!!!!!1

LMAO!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back