5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RAM 1500 Exhaust leak,

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
hey @RamCares I have this same issue (passenger side on a 2018 1500 Hemi BigHorn classic). Truck has $56k miles on it and this problem started about 3 weeks ago. What are my options here?
Classic and 4th gens, have different manifolds than 5th gen.

Irvine0915

Reaction score
Finally took my 2019 1500 into the dealer with an exhaust leak thinking it was the bolts that had sheared off. It turns out it is a cracked Manifold after only 17K on the truck. Luckily its covered under the warranty. But it took them a Day and 1/2 just to get b past all the Heat shields to actually to get to the manifold.
Just dropped mine off today as well 82miles started around 78 and now you can still hear it even when the engine is warm you have to practically get under the fender to hear it but you can hear it go over to the drivers side and she’s silent

Hail rebel

Reaction score
Same issue 33k miles 2019 truck. Is it even worth it claiming through the power train warranty or go full shorty headers. How long do I have before I mess something up like the head driving around like this ? Any assistance is appreciated

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same issue 33k miles 2019 truck. Is it even worth it claiming through the power train warranty or go full shorty headers. How long do I have before I mess something up like the head driving around like this ? Any assistance is appreciated
Get them replaced under warranty. I believe they are on their 3rd redesign and are likely good to go.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's a long shot. How do you know this?
How's that a long shot? The info is posted in many threads on this forum, including the most recent manifold part number (the last two letters are the version of the part - if it's been updated).

**I may have been thinking of another part, I can only find the AB manifold part numbers during a quick search.

Here's the TSB showing the AA part, and it being superceded by the AB if you go to order it.

I'm at 61,000 miles on my '19 and no exhaust manifold leak yet...
33ebbdb3a2f6aa127c5f7753c88b1ec8.jpg

2fa28696b4e05e9b3edee7a30203c510.jpg

Last edited:

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How's that a long shot? The info is posted in many threads on this forum, including the most recent manifold part number (the last two letters are the version of the part - if it's been updated).

**I may have been thinking of another part, I can only find the AB manifold part numbers during a quick search.

Here's the TSB showing the AA part, and it being superceded by the AB if you go to order it.

I'm at 61,000 miles on my '19 and no exhaust manifold leak yet...
33ebbdb3a2f6aa127c5f7753c88b1ec8.jpg

2fa28696b4e05e9b3edee7a30203c510.jpg
They will change part numbers if they use a different manufacturer, it doesn't always mean it's a redesign when they do so. Not saying you are wrong, just simply saying that I haven't seen any hard facts saying there was a redesign.
I've had mine changed three times now and have been told every time it's the same manifold.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They will change part numbers if they use a different manufacturer, it doesn't always mean it's a redesign when they do so. Not saying you are wrong, just simply saying that I haven't seen any hard facts saying there was a redesign.
I've had mine changed three times now and have been told every time it's the same manifold.

Even with the AB part number?

Aside from a few minutes looking last night, I'm just going off memory from what I recall reading here, that they redesigned them.

3 times, damn. Do you tow heavy loads? Let it warm up or at least idle down before you get underway?

I had a broken exhaust manifold bolt on my Durango years ago, but so far both my '19 Rams have been fine.

Even with my MaxCare warranty, if they crack on the Ram I'll likely just swap them out myself. It's too cheap/easy of a job to do in the garage vs making the hour drive to the dealer.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I do a lot of hot / cold cycles on my engine and
I tow a boat all summer so I'm sure that has something to do with my frequent replacements.

If It happens again out of warranty I will certainly attempt to replace it myself.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There is a picture somewhere in one of these threads, showing side by side. They have been redesigned, with a little more meat, in an area prone to cracking. You have to be side by side to see subtle difference.

Hail rebel

Reaction score
That is a great shot. Thanks!
Was it difficult, did you have to remove anything to take that picture. Was it taken from above or below?
Welcome ! This was shot while it was still on with wheel well and everything removed and the crack was on the worse possible side on mine which is drivers (passenger is easy) which has the steering shaft and all things that come along with it. But thankfully it was covered under power train warranty took 2 days for them to get the part in. Good luck with yours and get it done under pt warranty🍻

72soft-top

Reaction score
Just had the passenger side Exhaust manifold replaced on my 2020 BTS with 40k miles. It started ticking last Fall.
Manifold was covered and replaced using 5yr/60K powertrain warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread