5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 1500 Engine Light after battery jumpstart

Ram07

Reaction score
Anyone had an engine light come on after jump starting their 1500 limited etorque? It happened to me and it's driving me crazy!!! The car is driving perfectly fine and the annoying engine light is still there. I went to the dealership to get the codes read.... i got a full list of codes 🤯 !! Again no issue with the car braking, transmission or even cruise control. Can anyone please advise???

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 17
U

User_3336

Anyone had an engine light come on after jump starting their 1500 limited etorque? It happened to me and it's driving me crazy!!! The car is driving perfectly fine and the annoying engine light is still there. I went to the dealership to get the codes read.... i got a full list of codes 🤯 !! Again no issue with the car braking, transmission or even cruise control. Can anyone please advise???
the dealer provided you all those codes, and THEY could not advise???

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

You may have a bad battery and those systems not receiving enough power to function properly

Ram07

Reaction score
Thank you @BowDown! I went to see a car electric shop today and he ran some diagnostics and said that he thinks it’s the hybrid battery pack (the 48 volt etorque battery) and then said that he can’t proceed any further since the dealership is the only place equipped and trained to diagnose that 😞😞 so now I have to go pay thousands of dollars to get it looked at and then come tell me sorry you’ll have to replace it.

I have replaced the vehicle’s battery a little bit over a year ago. Everything was going perfectly fine up until I jumpstarted the truck after I drained the battery by running the lights, radio, air on while the vehicle isn’t running for hours. Wish I never done that. 😖

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thank you @BowDown! I went to see a car electric shop today and he ran some diagnostics and said that he thinks it’s the hybrid battery pack (the 48 volt etorque battery) and then said that he can’t proceed any further since the dealership is the only place equipped and trained to diagnose that 😞😞 so now I have to go pay thousands of dollars to get it looked at and then come tell me sorry you’ll have to replace it.

I have replaced the vehicle’s battery a little bit over a year ago. Everything was going perfectly fine up until I jumpstarted the truck after I drained the battery by running the lights, radio, air on while the vehicle isn’t running for hours. Wish I never done that. 😖

I'm betting it isn't the 48volt battery and that the 12volt battery is indeed bad

Ram07

Reaction score
I'm betting it isn't the 48volt battery and that the 12volt battery is indeed bad
So you think I should give it a tray and see?

Would you take a look at my attachment with the original post and see if you recognize anything from the active codes?

Thank you 🙏

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So you think I should give it a tray and see?

Would you take a look at my attachment with the original post and see if you recognize anything from the active codes?

Thank you 🙏

Those DTC`s most likely got triggered when the battery got drained. Why did the dealer not clear them while they had the scan-tool hooked up?
Yeah, absolutely try a new battery.

Ram07

Reaction score
Beatsssss the hell out of me man!!! Guess some liability dealership crap?!?! They have to inspect it first before resetting any codes. The guy who checked on that was just a service advisor and not a technician-- that would be my guess on why he hasn't cleared them.

ok, ill give that a try and keep you guys updated!! Thanks so much 🙏

Ram07

Reaction score
Beatsssss the hell out of me man!!! Guess some liability dealership crap?!?! They have to inspect it first before resetting any codes. The guy who checked on that was just a service advisor and not a technician-- that would be my guess on why he hasn't cleared them.

ok, ill give that a try and keep you guys updated!! Thanks so much 🙏
So the dealership called me today and said that the problem is with both batteries (12v & 48v) and they both need to be replaced. I told them to just go ahead and replace the 12v, since they want to charge me $3.5K to replace the 48v 🤯🤯Unfortunately, still after replacing the 12v, the engine light is on.

I was able to find a 48v battery for only $500 on eBay. Anyone know how can I replace it myself or if it’s even doable?

Thanks in advance!

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So the dealership called me today and said that the problem is with both batteries (12v & 48v) and they both need to be replaced. I told them to just go ahead and replace the 12v, since they want to charge me $3.5K to replace the 48v 🤯🤯Unfortunately, still after replacing the 12v, the engine light is on.

I was able to find a 48v battery for only $500 on eBay. Anyone know how can I replace it myself or if it’s even doable?

Thanks in advance!
What year and how many miles does your truck have?
Is the e-torque warranty not 80k miles?

U

User_3336

I get the feeling we're bring pranked in this thread . . . .

Users who are viewing this thread