5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Power Wagon without Camo!

chezb808

Reaction score
Is it just me or there’s something sticking out below the side view mirror? If so, anyone have any idea on what it is?

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like the tow mirror and surround view issues are solved...I sure hope this gets the TrailCam off road view from the Gladiator.

I stared at this some more...I like it. Hope they still offer the Tradesman with Powerwagon Package.

Only disappointment is I had hoped the Powerwagon got a different sport hood like the Rebel

Green_mtnMan

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a 3500 diesel drw 4x4 and am holding off until the official debut in Jan. Aesthetics isn't the most impt. thing but I'm increasingly liking the 4th gen. looks the more exposure we get to the 5th gen. HD's...

I wonder what the market will be like for the low mi. 2017's, 18's or unsold 18's come spring of next yr. Any predictions on 1.) volume hitting the classifieds & 2.) the price trajectory of the 1 - 3 yr. old diesel duallys (as compared to now)?

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have no idea what the resale will be...but I do know HD trucks right now...clean back to 2013 are hardly any cheaper than buying a new 4th Gen with rebates.

The 2018 I was just looking at $41000 out the door...2017 exact configuration but less overall options...$36500 and 54000 miles.

And that was several months ago.

The 2018s still on the lot...I am guessing will be discounted more...considering how well the 5th Gen 1500 still sold with heavily discounted 2018s on the lot and the cheaper 2019 classic also.

Trucks are expensive. All ofthe sudden 2nd Gens are worth 20 grand and 3rd Gens are back to 30 grand.

I secretly wish the truck bubble would pop. Unfortunately it just keeps getting bigger

Green_mtnMan

Reaction score
I have no idea what the resale will be...but I do know HD trucks right now...clean back to 2013 are hardly any cheaper than buying a new 4th Gen with rebates.

The 2018 I was just looking at $41000 out the door...2017 exact configuration but less overall options...$36500 and 54000 miles.

And that was several months ago.

The 2018s still on the lot...I am guessing will be discounted more...considering how well the 5th Gen 1500 still sold with heavily discounted 2018s on the lot and the cheaper 2019 classic also.

Trucks are expensive. All ofthe sudden 2nd Gens are worth 20 grand and 3rd Gens are back to 30 grand.

I secretly wish the truck bubble would pop. Unfortunately it just keeps getting bigger
I concur! 4-5 wk's ago I was looking and there were lots more options in low mi. (reg. cab diesel, drw's) on cars.com & autotrader (Nationwide search). Now there are maybe 5 or 6 that meet all my specifications - from color to tow package etc. I am looking at 48K prior to tax & any dealer fees for the truck that meets my criterion check list. That's why I'm going to wait until after the 19 debut.

I am amazed at how well the trucks hold their value in general, but especially the diesels. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense unless there is just a marked limitation in supply. When U consider that a 2012 - 2014 has no original warranty it just doesn't make sense that people would pay close to 40K for them unless there is just a flat out shortage with a disproportionate demand...

Given the fact that there is NO current 'supply' of newish 4th gen diesel, reg. cab drw's; da 2019's coming out can do nothing but help with supply of 4th gen's (ie. cant get more limited than it is now), lol... As far as the price, who knows... they may even increase, as ugly as the new gen seems to be :( ...

ichime

Reaction score
The new front end make the wheels look small but I like it! Will be interesting to see how the new HDs look with that front end design. Might be a bit too much chrome for my taste with the upper end models but we'll see.

pber1

Reaction score
Looks like a tweaked 4th gen. The cab has the same exact body lines and shape 4th gen. The line by the windshield where the fender and door line up looks a little off. Satellite antenna is also on the front of the roof like the 4th gen. The gas cap door is round 5th gens have them squared. I’m basing my judgement off my 1500 5th gen yes the 2500 is not gonna be the same thing but certain body features will always be shared by the 1500 and 2500. Maybe Ram is putting decoys out there? 0EF67668-F77F-4DCB-9A8F-64379EE0B5B8.jpeg

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like a tweaked 4th gen. The cab has the same exact body lines and shape 4th gen. The line by the windshield where the fender and door line up looks a little off. Satellite antenna is also on the front of the roof like the 4th gen. The gas cap door is round 5th gens have them squared. I’m basing my judgement off my 1500 5th gen yes the 2500 is not gonna be the same thing but certain body features will always be shared by the 1500 and 2500. Maybe Ram is putting decoys out there? View attachment 9621
Have you read any of the articles about the 4.5 Gen HD?

Just asking cause what you pointed out...is exactly how they are going about the refresh and hence the coined term 4.5 Gen. (Good eye)

But notice those Mirrors...and that front Camera.

I think I may have said this...hope the TrailCam from the Jeep Gladiator makes it into Powerwagon and Rebel.

Green_mtnMan

Reaction score
Just a reminder that year end rebates are coming down from corporate by tomorrow (the 4th) so local dealers should know by Wednesday at the latest. I just called this AM about a 6.7 2018 reg. cab drw 4x4 in the flame red (my preference) and was reminded that If I do wait until the 5th gens come out and order in Jan; there will be virtually no rebates at all... Unfortunately for me most of the drw trucks that I'm looking at in diesel come with 3.42 ratios. I just can't justify buying a 3500 drw and being limited to 17K, which is actually what I pull with my current 2500 (though I'm beyond spec.) Y'all willing to pony up for the lack of rebates in 19's 5 gens?

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks to Brian Williams and Spiedbilde photography we have 13 shots of the 2019 Ram 2500 Power Wagon completely uncovered! Our friends over at TFLTruck got the first shots of this truck on Saturday night outside a Kroger grocery store and we now have a bunch of shots of it out on the road. Click here to read the story and see the photos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/