5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Laramie

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Truck is done. Tint/PPF went on yesterday. Just waiting on the BedRug to be released - BedRug told me this past Thursday to expect it on the market in late July.

I had it washed yesterday and wiped it down with Lucas Oil Speed Wax today. I have been using Eagle One Wax as you Dry on my boat but am about out and picked up some of the Speed Wax to dry as I wipe it down. Not sure my thoughts on it just yet.

nAXtlqgl.jpg

JoFOULxl.jpg
Truck looks great.

BZ23

Reaction score
Truck is done. Tint/PPF went on yesterday. Just waiting on the BedRug to be released - BedRug told me this past Thursday to expect it on the market in late July.

I had it washed yesterday and wiped it down with Lucas Oil Speed Wax today. I have been using Eagle One Wax as you Dry on my boat but am about out and picked up some of the Speed Wax to dry as I wipe it down. Not sure my thoughts on it just yet.

nAXtlqgl.jpg

JoFOULxl.jpg
Looks awesome. I just had a guy apply the F11 spray. So far it's awesome. Interior and exterior including wheels. Water is beading and dries clean.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The last picture is it installed. I actually haven't seen the process being done.

I was rough quoted about $600 for about 12-18 inches of the hood and the front bumper area (as I bought the body colored bumpers )

http://xpel.com

This is the company that makes the film that I am looking at.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The last picture is it installed. I actually haven't seen the process being done.

I was rough quoted about $600 for about 12-18 inches of the hood and the front bumper area (as I bought the body colored bumpers )

Looks like that company isn't offering it yet for the 19 Ram

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score

What is the benefit for this PPF? Do you not have to wax the car? How long does it last?

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's a clear plastic film put over your paint. My F150 had 58,000 miles when traded and not one rock chip in the paint (and it had painted bumpers).

My guy uses Llumar premium film. The installer is more important than the film, in my opinion. XPEL has the pattern out....for limited parts of the truck. I'm sure more patterns will be released soon. I've seen Corvettes and even an F150 get completely wrapped.

I was right at $600 for window tint, front end film, door sills, door edge guards and door handle cups (behind the door handle over the paint so fingernails don't scratch it.

Once installed it's invisible aside from a line where the film stopped. I had him wrap the edges so its not noticeable.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The film has adhesive on one side and they use soapy water to help position it and then squeegee it out and it dries in place.

I've bought a small roll of PPF and used it on my boat where a dockline would rub the gelcoat.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have my 2014 Outdoorsman done. When I got it done they didn't have a pattern for mine either so I went to the place that measures it. I paid $1000(Canadian) for mine. I got my whole front end done minus the headlight/foglights, up the A-pillars and across the roof and the door sills.
I saved around $500 because I was their guinea pig:LOL:. Took 2 days to do it as you want to make sure its completely dry. I have had mine of my truck almost 5 years and depending how you look at it you can't see the line sometimes. It blends right into the white.
Get my Rebel done too once I can order it the way I want.

Kidder

Reaction score

nAXtlqgl.jpg

JoFOULxl.jpg
What wheels are those? Can you check the build code on your window sticker, please? Are they WRB?

When I build a Laramie Sport, the ramtrucks.com site chooses WRJ wheels.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What wheels are those? Can you check the build code on your window sticker, please? Are they WRB?

When I build a Laramie Sport, the ramtrucks.com site chooses WRJ wheels.

My truck has the Chrome package...with the WRB wheels as shown on the build/price tool (picture on the build/price tool doesn't accurately represent them). They are the optional 20" wheels. I'm not surprised you can't get it with the sport package.

This truck has the same wheels...so you can see other pictures of them and the window sticker.
https://www.bobridingschryslerdodge.com/new/Ram/2019-Ram-1500-34bf7abf0a0e0adf437566682af1d3d0.htm

Kidder

Reaction score
My truck has the Chrome package...with the WRB wheels as shown on the build/price tool (picture on the build/price tool doesn't accurately represent them). They are the optional 20" wheels. I'm not surprised you can't get it with the sport package.

This truck has the same wheels...so you can see other pictures of them and the window sticker.
https://www.bobridingschryslerdodge.com/new/Ram/2019-Ram-1500-34bf7abf0a0e0adf437566682af1d3d0.htm
I think those are the wheels that come with the Sport group even though the website says otherwise. I like your wheels so all is good. Also, to confirm, your headlights and fogs are LEDs? Any chance of taking a pic in the dark with both on?

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think those are the wheels that come with the Sport group even though the website says otherwise. I like your wheels so all is good. Also, to confirm, your headlights and fogs are LEDs? Any chance of taking a pic in the dark with both on?

Couldn't tell you on that, build one at a dealer and see. I really like the wheels. I had a sport F150 before this and think the chrome really looks well on this truck, moreso than the sport in Delmonico Red. Yes, might lights are all LEDs.

Further up on this thread I have pictures taken at dusk...this youtube video was posted somewhere on here before...

Kidder

Reaction score
Couldn't tell you on that, build one at a dealer and see. I really like the wheels. I had a sport F150 before this and think the chrome really looks well on this truck, moreso than the sport in Delmonico Red. Yes, might lights are all LEDs.

Further up on this thread I have pictures taken at dusk...this youtube video was posted somewhere on here before...

Perfect, thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread