5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Laramie, Black Forest Green Pearl /Brilliant Silver Two Tone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Black Forest Green Pearl Coat/Brilliant Silver Lower Two Tone
Laramie Quad Cab 4x4
Mountain Brown/Light Frost Beige Leather Interior
Advanced Safety Group
Level 2 Equipment Group
5.7 Hemi
Trailer Brake Control
Rear Wheelhouse-Liners
Ordered May 7, 2019 Took Delivery August 10, 2018

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

A couple observations: 1) Ordered the bench seat as I need to haul grandkids around at times. The bench seat model does not have the RamCharger, even though it is listed on the "online build" page (but not the window sticker). 2) Interior is nicer than expected...the suede leather accents give it an upscale look and feel 3) I was wondering if I made a mistake going with the 8.4" or 12"...I played with both and am glad I chose the 8.4. It still has a few "old school" switches and nobs 4) Having moved from a 2012 to the 2019, the lack of standard under seat storage and standard rear wheel liners is a "fail" on the part of Ram 5) The ride is excellent...a little more wind noise from the passenger side than in the 2012. Will have the dealer look at this issue.

Last edited:

sgk

Reaction score
Looks more like Black Forest Pearl, I can't really see the green. Is it that dark green or just the photo?

Reactions: 356

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks more like Black Forest Pearl, I can't really see the green. Is it that dark green or just the photo?
Its Black Forest Green Pearl--yes, it appears black, and is darker than the "build your Ram" page shows. In some lights, a hint of green is clearly visible, but for the most part, the photos are showing the color like it is....Given I live on several miles of dirt roads, this Ram will never look clean.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It goes with your log cabin roof. Light MTN brown & black would have gone great with that color. Was black a lower half 2-tone instead of silver?
The only two tone options currently are silver bottom. Currently, only white/silver and brown/silver (my 2nd choice) are showing online.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Laramie Quad Cab 4x4
Advanced Safety Group
Level 2 Equipment Group
5.7 Hemi
Trailer Brake Control
Rear Wheelhouse-Liners

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

A couple observations: 1) Ordered the bench seat as I need to haul grandkids around at times. The bench seat model does not have the RamCharger, even though it is listed on the "online build" page (but not the window sticker). 2) Interior is nicer than expected...the suede leather accents give it an upscale look and feel 3) I was wondering if I made a mistake going with the 8.4" or 12"...I played with both and am glad I chose the 8.4. It still has a few "old school" switches and nobs 4) Having moved from a 2012 to the 2019, the lack of standard under seat storage and standard rear wheel liners is a "fail" on the part of Ram 5) The ride is excellent...a little more wind noise from the passenger side than in the 2012. Will have the dealer look at this issue.
Great photos, thanks. Your option decisions mirrored mine with respect to the bench seat, 8.4” screen and physical knob preference, desire for wheel liners and under seat storage, and apparently the sufficiency of those 18” stock wheels I think?

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Great photos, thanks. Your option decisions mirrored mine with respect to the bench seat, 8.4” screen and physical knob preference, desire for wheel liners and under seat storage, and apparently the sufficiency of those 18” stock wheels I think?

I loved the 17" wheel/tire combo that came with my 2012. A friend has 20" and I felt the 17's rode better. Although I occasionally tow a 18' tandem axle trailer and boat, neither are over 7000#, so the 3.21 axel is fine for my occasional towing. Comfort was one of the goals for this purchase. I've already ordered the Weathertech cocoa brown floor liners, and will be placing orders for the MOPAR mud flaps, and a nerf bar. once I find one that I like.
4714301.jpg

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I loved the 17" wheel/tire combo that came with my 2012. A friend has 20" and I felt the 17's rode better. Although I occasionally tow a 18' tandem axle trailer and boat, neither are over 7000#, so the 3.21 axel is fine for my occasional towing. Comfort was one of the goals for this purchase. I've already ordered the Weathertech cocoa brown floor liners, and will be placing orders for the MOPAR mud flaps, and a nerf bar. once I find one that I like.
4714301.jpg
I just ordered these.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
4714301.jpg
I would suggest you order the Weather Tech mud flaps over the Mopar ones.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Laramie Quad Cab 4x4
Advanced Safety Group
Level 2 Equipment Group
5.7 Hemi
Trailer Brake Control
Rear Wheelhouse-Liners

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

Very nice truck and cabin.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Laramie Quad Cab 4x4
Advanced Safety Group
Level 2 Equipment Group
5.7 Hemi
Trailer Brake Control
Rear Wheelhouse-Liners

Beautiful truck. Nice exterior & interior color combination, not a lot of them built like that - enjoy the uniqueness.

Regarding "...the lack of standard under seat storage and standard rear wheel liners is a "fail" on the part of Ram": I have noticed that on Ram's build & Price website, certain package & option combinations either force the inclusion of rear-wheel liners, or disallow them (ditto for other options - not just wheel liners). I couldn't see any method to the madness. In one case, I was building a 2019 Big Horn with the 3.6 L V6 eTorque engine, and the website refused to let me order the rear-wheel liners unless I upgraded to the 5.7 L Hemi. For the life of me, I can't figure out why that would happen, but I cleared my browser's cache, closed the webpage, opened my browser again, re-cleared the cache, and it ended up the same way - rear wheel liners required the upgrade to the Hemi. I wonder if there is a genuine reason for that, or if the Build & Price website is just still buggy.

Anyhow, perhaps some odd combination of options/packages kept the rear-wheel liners off of your particular truck, but regardless, I agree with you, they should be standard across the board (with a delete option for those who don't want liners).

4sallypat

Reaction score
I love the combination! Especially the Forest Green - it is very elegant in combination with the beige interior.
Reminds me of a British combination !

2 Tone paint really makes a difference and separates it from the rest of the truck world.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I love the combination! Especially the Forest Green - it is very elegant in combination with the beige interior.
Reminds me of a British combination !

2 Tone paint really makes a difference and separates it from the rest of the truck world.

My Gen-X kids tell me it's an "old person's truck." Specifically, they cited the following:
  1. Chrome bumpers and accents
  2. Two-Tone paint
  3. 18" wheels
  4. Bench Seat
I am SO GLAD I optioned the truck as it is, because when they ask to borrow it, I can say, "Sorry, I would hate for you to be seen in such a fuddy-duddy old codger's truck."

Users who are viewing this thread