5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 GMC Sierra AT4 gives Raptor and Ram a new off-road rival

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
BobbiBigWheels said:
You know we talk a lot on these forums about how FCA has spent too much time following and not leading, typically when referring to cars. On the flip-side, Ram has everybody chasing us now, with the only real "follower" being a TRX to take down the Raptor. Otherwise, Rebel has spawned the AT4/Chev equivalent (don't even remember the name because it is so unremarkable), and likely a full interior overhaul for both Ford and Chev in the next 2-3 years to catch up to Ram.
Very true

Kramersp

Reaction score
ok let's just get one thing straight. That AT4 and the Rebel are not even in the same ballpark as a Raptor. The Raptor owns it's own market and has ZERO competition. That's fact. And I'm not some brand fanboy. Now the AT4 would compete head to head with the rebel. I think rebel may end up with an edge with the upcoming new more powerful powertrains. That 6.2L in the GMC is a great motor and the co developed with ford 10 speed transmission is awesome so far. As far as GM's interior, it's like they just didnt care. Epic fail.

D

Deleted member 85

Kramersp said:
ok let's just get one thing straight. That AT4 and the Rebel are not even in the same ballpark as a Raptor. The Raptor owns it's own market and has ZERO competition. That's fact. And I'm not some brand fanboy. Now the AT4 would compete head to head with the rebel. I think rebel may end up with an edge with the upcoming new more powerful powertrains. That 6.2L in the GMC is a great motor and the co developed with ford 10 speed transmission is awesome so far. As far as GM's interior, it's like they just didnt care. Epic fail.
That's not what I said though.

TRX will be in the MLB compared to the Raptor in AAA as far as I can tell. The Rebel is a mini-Power Wagon.

Kramersp

Reaction score
well, the rebel is any other ram but with a small suspension lift and a e locker (welcome to modern day everyone else). The 19 offroad package pretty much golives you a rebel on any trim. A bunch of power in a rebel does not make it a Raptor competitor. It just doesn't. As far as the power wagon is concerned, it's a 3/4 ton rock crawler. Superior to the rebel in almost every way except ride quality and power to weight. Frankly, I think the Power Wagon is under powered. To be a Raptor competitor you need re enforced frame and a rediculous suspension just to start.

D

Deleted member 85

Kramersp said:
well, the rebel is any other ram but with a small suspension lift and a e locker (welcome to modern day everyone else). The 19 offroad package pretty much golives you a rebel on any trim. A bunch of power in a rebel does not make it a Raptor competitor. It just doesn't. As far as the power wagon is concerned, it's a 3/4 ton rock crawler. Superior to the rebel in almost every way except ride quality and power to weight. Frankly, I think the Power Wagon is under powered. To be a Raptor competitor you need re enforced frame and a rediculous suspension just to start.
The TRX is aimed to be a direct competitor to the Raptor, with the Hellcat engine being the key reason it will destroy the Raptor. The 7.0L TR (non-Hellcat TRX) will be on-par with the Raptor, in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread