5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Folding Tonneau Cover: OEM vs BakFlip vs Gator

GeoZ

Reaction score
Here are the pictures after the MX4 installation.
Can I ask where is the clamps actually clamp onto the truck? Can u show me a picture? Need to see if I have to uninstall the ram rail to install this cover. Thank you.

ponypride

Reaction score
Can I ask where is the clamps actually clamp onto the truck? Can u show me a picture? Need to see if I have to uninstall the ram rail to install this cover. Thank you.
Sure. I will post a picture later. Once you put the rail in place, it automatically likes up with the side rail in the bed to clamp.

kingkasc

Reaction score
Hey guys! sending morrie a message regarding these low prices! they still going for another 730-800 shipped? thanks!

tcw3628

Reaction score
Can anyone who has ordered MX4 or Bedrug from Morrie comment on delivery times to East Coast (NY)?

superbird77

Reaction score
I just ordered an Undercover Armor Flex for mine. It appears to be pretty much like the MX4 but with the tougher exterior panel finish. I paid $845.00 OTD, plus there is a rebate for $100.00 running currently. I'll report back once I receive it and get it installed.

slowt

Reaction score
Spoke with morrie on the MX4 and gave me a quote of 849.88.
spoke with Luke from truck alterations and gave me a quote of 755. MX4 has been ordered!!
I also ordered from TruckAlterations last week. Ordered on Monday afternoon and it arrived to my house on Wednesday, in SoCal. Recommended!

kingkasc

Reaction score
I wish I would’ve went with Luke instead of Morrie... 100$ cheaper and faster service..

kingkasc

Reaction score
Morrie at truckalterations sucks! Stick with Luke!

RamConvert82

Reaction score
Does anybody know if the bed utility rails fit under the mopar folding cover (82215227AB)?
The bed utility rails sit down a few inches and have no problems with the Mopar hard folding tonneau. Conservatively is say you've got 4"-5"of clearance.
1331f7a0fab4ba00936ef83eb5c327aa.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RamConvert82

Reaction score
Some more Info...
Not much info on the Ram site for the OEM cover, but did a search on the part number 82215227AB and found an installation guide that had a support phone number (833-204-2606)and a truck-hero.com email address ([email protected]). I called the support line and the woman I talked to said she was pretty sure it's the BAKFlip G2 with Mopar/Ram badging. One difference is that the OEM version has a 3yr warranty compared to BAK's 2yr. The other thing I noticed is that the BAK website says "Tailgate: Close w/ Cover Up only"
for the G2. The install guide for the OEM says "The tailgate can be closed with the tail panel opened or closed." Also, if you get the OEM and have issues, you can take it to any DCJR dealership.
I also asked her if the BAKBox 2 would work with the OEM when they start making it to fit the 2019 Ram 1500. She couldn't say for sure, in the past the BAKBox was compatible with the OEM products they make.
Edwards, I've been thinking about the MX4 as well... and I'm still looking, but I've found the OEM cover online at moparfactoryparts.com for $757.78 (total which includes shipping to Cypress, TX).

It's been a while since this post. Has anyone tried the BAKBox 2 with the OEM/Mopar version of the cover? If they are compatible I'd like to get one for under my OEM cover.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bwarren2

Reaction score
I've been looking for a folding tonneau cover for my 2019 Limited. It looks like the OEM offered, BAKFlip and Gator are all the same except for the price. Does anyone else think the same?
Also, are there any RealTruck reps on this Forum?
Thanks in advanced!
Justintx

A realtruck rep told me Bak makes the Gator....its the same as the G2

Users who are viewing this thread