5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 driver LED tail light not working

RiceCR

Reaction score
Anyone have any issues with their 2019 driver side tail light? Mine are LED and we've already checked all the fuses and know that is not the problem. The blinker and brake both work but the running light isn't. Anyone know if there might be a bulb in there to be replaced or whether it's a light strip inside? Don't really want to pay big bucks to go to the dealership if I can get it done myself. Please help

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's only a year old, it should be covered under warranty. No bulbs to replace in the LED tail lights. Shouldn't cost you anything.

RiceCR

Reaction score
Wow. That's a lot of driving! How far past 36k? Dealer/FCA may still be willing to fix it as "Goodwill" since it's only a year old. Can't hurt to go in and ask. @RamCares

I plan on at least asking, actually bought the truck back in May 2018 when they first started selling them So I’ve had it quite a while

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes I was the same way picked mine up in May of 2018 so that makes us the grandfathers of the forum lol.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I plan on at least asking, actually bought the truck back in May 2018 when they first started selling them So I’ve had it quite a while

Hey RiceCR,

If you do end up working with your dealer on this, please know that our team is always just a private message away and we are happy to provide you with an additional layer of support while in service!

Mark
RamCares

Atlantic Blue

Reaction score
Dealer/FCA may still be willing to fix it as "Goodwill" since it's only a year old. Can't hurt to go in and ask. @RamCares
Good advice
In my experience - with other brands. I've called corporate 1st to request "goodwill or courtesy" coverage. They may not commit until you actually have a dealer confirm the problem - Corporate in the past has communicated with the dealer of my choice such that they were expecting me, know the warranty situation etc. A lil time on the phone may save you a some time and a lot of money at the dealer.

Factory LEDS usually are designed for the life of a car so I would hope they take care of you - besides you are a founding father of 5 (5th gen that is, lol)

rrjjpp74

Reaction score
My passenger side one went bad and it was replaced under warranty. Same thing as your just the running lights.

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
this sucks. I asked about this the other day. what happens with my factory-sealed non serviceable LED headlight got out? You buy a new assembly for $500. I know guys crack them open and mod them with blue lights and crap, but the headlight bulb is proprietary and not something you can order separately from ram.

Jade

Reaction score
I also have the same problem, my drivers side tail light stopped working but blinker and break light still work. Also around the same time my 12 inch display stopped reading my finger touch so I can only use the radio through my steering wheel buttons. Been like this for awhile, having it checked at dealer this week. Anyone find out the solution ? Also I’ve checked all fuses of course. I also took passenger tail light and plugged into harness on drivers side and problem stayed so I know it’s not the light assembly itself and most likely a voltage monitoring/ computer issue.. thoughts ??

Users who are viewing this thread