5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Automatic Air Dam - Way to disable it?

Gemlin

Reaction score
Is there a way to disable the Automatic Air Dam? Sometimes I drive on a lot of dirt roads (Sometimes they get muddy), I do not want that air dam to go down on these roads. Is there a way to set the truck so it will not go down?

Snakes709

Reaction score
Unplug or remove it. I just had to replace the whole unit after hitting a fox. Literally a 5min job to replace the whole unit.

Thewrangler73

Reaction score
Dumb question here. But what is that air dam everyone talks about and is it on all 2019s, or just certain trims?

Scjon03

Reaction score
It's on all trims other than trucks with the air suspension. It's a front dam under the front bumper that lowers over speeds of 35 mph.

Gemlin

Reaction score
Is there a fuse I can pull or do I need to crawl under the front and unplug it. Id rather pull a plug so dirt/mud doesnt get into the connector

Snakes709

Reaction score
Is there a fuse I can pull or do I need to crawl under the front and unplug it. Id rather pull a plug so dirt/mud doesnt get into the connector

Not sure about the fuse but the plug is on the left side, behind the front bumper. It has one of those safety clips you gotta pull back before you press and pull the connector off.

Big CountryRR

Reaction score
Lol, I just bought my 2020 and found out today it had one of these auto air damn dams. I hit a piece of cardboard and it broke 1 side off. I'm gonna take it yo to the dealer and see if they will replace it. I doubt it since I hit something but worth a try. Literally 3 days off the lot, sucks for me. If they wont replace I'm just taking it off.

Manniodl

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me just yesterday. One side was hanging down (broken off), so I just removed it. Does is really make a huge difference in MPG?

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Possibly. Most people leave the motor plugged in ziptied to the frame somewhere higher.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Will the check engine light illuminate if the air dam is unplugged???
Yes, but if you have autozone clear it, it shouldn’t come back. Just tape up the connector real good and zip tie it out of the way.

Garyindiane

Reaction score
I removed the one on my 21 last month. Just unplugged the motor and put a plastic bag over the connector and zip tied the connector up out of the way. I completely removed the active air dam and the stationary one. No lights at all for me. Zero issues. 21 big horn level 2 I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread