5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 1500 - No power to 12” Screen, AC, front doors.

Breagan1029

Reaction score
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie - 111,000 miles
The screen has turned off and there is no power to the AC, front driver side and passenger side doors. The AC currently blows hot air from the font area at the base of the windshield. I have left the battery disconnected for roughly 14hrs to attempt to reset the truck. I have pulled the F44 radio fuse (it was not blown). I did have a message on the tac screen that said Blind Spot Sensor Not available. I removed the rear tail light where the sensor is located and unplugged it. I have orders an OEM one. I left the sensor disconnected to see if maybe it had a roll in the dash/screen issues.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

downsc123

Reaction score
Anyone else every seen this. My buddy just had this happen while driving his 2019 Rebel today. Lost AC (just blows hot), lost BSM and lost the front door windows. No common fuse for these. He disconnected the battery for a few minutes and everything came back only to drop back out a few minutes later. Anyone have any ideas?

BlackLarry

Reaction score
Yup, just happened to me this week. Did the same disconnected battery for about 4hrs reconnected and let sit for about another hr, hoping it would do its thing. Nope bsm came on right away. Didn’t help that it was 100’ outside and couldn’t put my windows down with heat blasting, was the worst ride home.

jessecouch59

Reaction score
Same issue happen to me today on my 2019 ram 2500. I can't find any resolution online

Reaction score
The screen has turned off and there is no power to the AC, front driver side and passenger side doors. The AC currently blows hot air from the font area at the base of the windshield. I have left the battery disconnected for roughly 14hrs to attempt to reset the truck. I have pulled the F44 radio fuse (it was not blown). I did have a message on the tac screen that said Blind Spot Sensor Not available. I removed the rear tail light where the sensor is located and unplugged it. I have orders an OEM one. I left the sensor disconnected to see if maybe it had a roll in the dash/screen issues.
Did you ever find out what this was? I’m having the same problem

Reaction score
Yup, just happened to me this week. Did the same disconnected battery for about 4hrs reconnected and let sit for about another hr, hoping it would do its thing. Nope bsm came on right away. Didn’t help that it was 100’ outside and couldn’t put my windows down with heat blasting, was the worst ride home.
Did you ever figure out what the problem was

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I really have nothing to offer, but that is really strange that a half dozen trucks have the same weird problem like this at the same time.

RamCares

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

We're sorry to see so many of you experiencing this. We certainly understand why this would be concerning. If you end up addressing this with your local dealer, please let us know via PM. We'd be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.

Callie
Ram Cares

Trippyhippie

Reaction score
This is also happening on my 2019 ram rebel with 106,000 miles if someone finds a resolution and not sure if this helps, but windows and the screen works fine when i have the battery on.

Tom5

Reaction score
I am having the same issue how did you resolve the issue?
Thanks
Tom

Tom5

Reaction score
I am having the same issue how did you resolve the issue?
Thanks
Tom
Ended up being a short in my driver side tail light when i disconnected the tail light everything worked have to order a new one. Looks like they are $500 to $700 for tail light assembly, with sensor🤦‍♂️

DarealT-roy

Reaction score
Ended up being a short in my driver side tail light when i disconnected the tail light everything worked have to order a new one. Looks like they are $500 to $700 for tail light assembly, with sensor🤦‍♂️
So after you replaced the light everything went back to normal? Also did the dealership diagnose that, reason I’m asking because my truck has been at the shop for 2 days and I’m just wondering are they going to be able to figure it out. I’m having the exact same issues

Tom5

Reaction score
So after you replaced the light everything went back to normal? Also did the dealership diagnose that, reason I’m asking because my truck has been at the shop for 2 days and I’m just wondering are they going to be able to figure it out. I’m having the exact same issue

Tom5

Reaction score
The dealership could not look at my vehicle untill 2 weeks later. I did not bring it back to them. Keep me posted on what they say just incase my issue happens again.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The next time this happens to someone, can you please pull codes and post them here?

Jakehul

Reaction score
No crack in tail light. Unplug the taillights and still have the issue

Attachments

• IMG_2052.png
    IMG_2052.png
    131.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2051.png
    IMG_2051.png
    141.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2050.png
    IMG_2050.png
    132.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2049.png
    IMG_2049.png
    146.8 KB · Views: 5

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
I’m still having a similar issue too. U0140 codes permanently on mine showing along with every module having the lost communication with the bcm code.
At first I would get the service electronic stability control followed by No Bus and loss of window controls and AC cooling, then a blip would happen and the engine would cut off but all of the electronics would come back online.
Now it just blips with none of the previous warnings and the engine cuts off but will start back up each time so far.
I had this part 68321746AA- can buss connector replaced behind the headlight switch while at the dealership but that didn’t fix it.
Seems to cut off about every 30 minutes of drive time or so

Users who are viewing this thread