5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Mustang GT to 2019 Ram 1500

-RotorDemon-

Reaction score
Looks like there are two converts now in this forum recently.

Hello world! Had a few MOPAR's in the past. 2010 SRT8 Challenger to a "man van" 2015 Journey R/T (worst trade ever). So the Journey after it's second oil change was leaking out of every orafice on that AMAZING 62TE trans.... LOL.. Windshield cracked while getting the 2nd oil change done at 11k miles. Ran straight from there and said Nope. Bought the wife a 2017 (mid year changeover) Ford Escape SE 2.0 AWD with the sport appearance package. Next day I brought home a 2018 Mustang GT 401A Premium 6 speed.

Almost two years of having zero issues with both Fords after some moderate offroading in the Escape to find a camping spot in eastern Oregon I decided I might have to look at something more capable and practcal than screaming down the highway at xxx speeds. I got the "Let's hope the third times a charm" and Jumped into my new and first truck.

Anyways with that off my chest! Hello!

FB_IMG_1555595506340.jpg IMG_20190913_170255.jpg

Last edited:

clam

Reaction score
Welcome to the Ram! That’s quite a change of pace for vehicles! I can vouch that I find myself driving the Ram 1500 more than my 2017 Camaro SS on the weekends. You can’t beat the practicality, comfort, and convenience of a truck over a sport coupe!

-RotorDemon-

Reaction score
Welcome.

You might want to scrub that reference to where you work, or you'll be inundated with requests to look up obscure parts. ;)

Thanks! As long as requests are not overflowing I am always willing to provide help contributing here. I know I will have my questions. :)

Bullitt4849

Reaction score
Congrats. 2016 GT PP to Ram 1500 for me. Mine was a base with all performance. No regrets after 4 weeks, except for missing the lock and unlock feature on the stang. The Ram is more like a luxury car. And gas mileage is amazing. I’m equal to the mustang.

brotharon

Reaction score
I went from a Focus RS to a Ram Rebel...the trick is that I still have a mustang in the garage :p

I really enjoy driving the truck now, and we hardly ever take my wife's jeep anywhere since I bought the Ram. If you feel the itch, remember, you have a "practical" truck now, so you can justify getting a "project" car to keep in the garage and drive on sunny days. Welcome!

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

-RotorDemon-

Reaction score
Welcome and congrats.

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Do it within 60 days of purchase.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle or that you traded in a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/
Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):
https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf

Thanks!
Will do!!!!!

Thank you very much!

-RotorDemon-

Reaction score
I went from a Focus RS to a Ram Rebel...the trick is that I still have a mustang in the garage :p

I really enjoy driving the truck now, and we hardly ever take my wife's jeep anywhere since I bought the Ram. If you feel the itch, remember, you have a "practical" truck now, so you can justify getting a "project" car to keep in the garage and drive on sunny days. Welcome!

Thanks!
My username has a slight hint to it. I do have a running and driving project car. 1989 RX-7 Series 5 Turbo II. Last checked about 8 years ago it was 1 of 11 left registered in the US in the same trim level. I'm sure there are less now due to the youth making drift missiles out of them. :cautious:

brotharon

Reaction score
Thanks!
My username has a slight hint to it. I do have a running and driving project car. 1989 RX-7 Series 5 Turbo II. Last checked about 8 years ago it was 1 of 11 left registered in the US in the same trim level. I'm sure there are less now due to the youth making drift missiles out of them. :cautious:
If rotor demon implies that you swapped a hellcat into a rx7...well that would be cool, but I think you mean that you have a rotory that is a demon. Lots of them went fast and furious, dont see them too often any more. I have an 86 SVO Mustang. No idea how many there are like mine...never were a lot of them.

Users who are viewing this thread