5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2” or 2.5” level. Please help me decide!

Which size front level without changing the UCA’s?

• 2”

Votes: 28 80.0%
  • 2.5”

Votes: 7 20.0%

• Total voters

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
LOL, well that 6-8" turned out to be 16" for me. My truck stayed nice and safe in the garage. I'm sure it could walk though the snow without much issue (especially with the Duratrac tires) since I've had Rams in these conditions before. I'd be more concerned about those who can't handle the conditions running into me.
I assume you got to test the 4wd. What'd you think?

You're absolutely right. Not only have I read it, but I've measured it myself, and it's not exclusive to Ram. There's not a huge difference between "identical" trucks, but it's not uncommon to be a little different. Why? Beats me, but that is absolutely a thing, you are correct.

18” drifted up against my garage door …. 15” to the tailpipes …. I back out, and I fill my exhaust with snow …. Seemed like a bad idea …. Borrowed the neighbors snow blower …. Then went out and played …. 4WD system way better than my 2012 …. Stock Bridgestones OK, but not great in that much snow …. Lifted and mountain snowflake tires for next year !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saddlerocker

Reaction score
I took my Ram out in the snow for the first time the other day as well. We got about 8".
The AWD is great, and almost as good as the 4H.
I didnt try 4Low, but drove around some roads in a big park area they didnt plow and thought I would get bogged down a couple times (lots of areas were drifted and very deep snow) but the truck and the Toyo AT3s did really well.
I was also testing to see if my tires still rubbed at lock after bending plastic in the wheel wells.
Happy to say its all clear.
Should have taken some pictures 🤦‍♂️

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Like several others here, I was hoping to test out my bad@$$ truck's 4WD system and its brand new tires with this massive snow storm that was definitely going to hit my area, shutting down the roads for everyone except me and my bad@$$ truck.

WITNESS THE MASSIVE MASSIVITY!

20220118_170952.jpg

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
NE OH …. 18” in my driveway Mon morning …. Had to snow blow first to get out of the garage …. Exhaust tips at 15” …. No backin into that sh!t …. Once out on the street, the 4WD system and traction control seemed way better than my 2012 …. Stock Bridgestones did OK at best cuz they are new …. Definitely upgrading to something with teeth next Fall

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Like several others here, I was hoping to test out my bad@$$ truck's 4WD system and its brand new tires with this massive snow storm that was definitely going to hit my area, shutting down the roads for everyone except me and my bad@$$ truck.

WITNESS THE MASSIVE MASSIVITY!

View attachment 117619
Every time I see you post something about snow, I ask myself, "why is he talking about snow...he lives in Phoenix". You need to change your screenname to AngelHalifax. :ROFLMAO:

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Every time I see you post something about snow, I ask myself, "why is he talking about snow...he lives in Phoenix". You need to change your screenname to AngelHalifax. :ROFLMAO:

He said Massivity …. Lol

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
He said Massivity …. Lol

Not gonna lie, I've used that before, I pull it out every now and then when I feel like being extra stupid 🤪

Snowed again this morning over here, a whole extra entire 1 inch. Just playing with my emotions at this point.

Nachotaco

Reaction score
maybe I should had been more specific for those that don't know yet. correct as you mentioned the struts are not adjustable on the fly but depending on what package you have like off road package the options I mentioned should still be consider. I have the off road package and after measuring several times the 2" motofab would have put me nose hide. I went with beltech and did a 1.5" lift which put level and sometimes I feel a bit nose height.
How do you like the Belltech? I have a Big Horn Backcountry (includes the off road package) arriving soon and need to level it so I can mount my plow. I would have gone for the Bilstein adjustable struts, which I have in my current 4th gen, but they are out of stock everywhere.

Last edited:

gmcadams

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Ram 4x4 longhorn addition. I have the factory 22" night addition wheels, I want to keep the wheels and go to a 285/55r22 tire, bought the motofab 2.5 and RC UCA. I fish Bass tournaments so pull a bass boat, I have installed sumo springs on the rear and it stopped the bucking while pulling down the road and only has minimal sag while hooked up. have not installed level yet hoping the tires will fit without rubbing.
tires are 34.7 tall 11.5 wide.

Attachments

• ram.jpg
    ram.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 70

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How do you like the Belltech? I have a Big Horn Backcountry (includes the off road package) arriving soon and need to level it so I can mount my plow. I would have gone for the Bilstein adjustable struts, which I have in my current 4th gen, but they are out of stock everywhere.
overall I am happy, did it change the ride quality, I would say yes slightly but I was expecting it. I also went from pmetric tires to LT and I also noticed a difference then from stock tires. I did the tires before the belltechs. Would I do it again, yes.
Been driving level or lifted trucks and suv's for the past 5 years. Let's see I think the best way I can put is that I feel road imperfection more. like it is a bit more bumpy/jumpy than what I remember stock being.

Nachotaco

Reaction score
overall I am happy, did it change the ride quality, I would say yes slightly but I was expecting it. I also went from pmetric tires to LT and I also noticed a difference then from stock tires. I did the tires before the belltechs. Would I do it again, yes.
Been driving level or lifted trucks and suv's for the past 5 years. Let's see I think the best way I can put is that I feel road imperfection more. like it is a bit more bumpy/jumpy than what I remember stock being.
I just installed the Belltech struts. I also went with a 1.5" level (1x 8mm and 1x 16mm spacer). It brought the front up 2" and I still have 1/2" of rake. I might take the 8mm spacer out. I did not do control arms yet, not sure if I will. I have the ORP too. Can't really speak to ride quality change since I did this with 27 miles on the truck, haha.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just installed the Belltech struts. I also went with a 1.5" level (1x 8mm and 1x 16mm spacer). It brought the front up 2" and I still have 1/2" of rake. I might take the 8mm spacer out. I did not do control arms yet, not sure if I will. I have the ORP too. Can't really speak to ride quality change since I did this with 27 miles on the truck, haha.
I actually started with 1" and felt I didn't get enough lift so I reinstalled to get 1.5" (1 of each spacer), after that I got close to 2" same as you
There is another guy here that installed belltech's as well and got more lift than expected but he noted that the suspension settle after a few miles. So this seems normal.
I haven't taken another new measurement.

Nachotaco

Reaction score
I actually started with 1" and felt I didn't get enough lift so I reinstalled to get 1.5" (1 of each spacer), after that I got close to 2" same as you
There is another guy here that installed belltech's as well and got more lift than expected but he noted that the suspension settle after a few miles. So this seems normal.
I haven't taken another new measurement.
Thats a good point, I'll check it around 1000 miles. I'm definitely not touching it again until summer. Working on a brand new vehicle when it's 6degF wasn't fun. Haha

Guerrero040

Reaction score
Here it is with the 295/60-20 Atturo Trail Blade XT and 20x9 American Outlaw Lonestar +10 offset. Slight rub at full lock so did some minor fender liner trimming but all good now! Really liking the ride so far.
Truck looks great! I’m looking to buy some wheels maybe this week, 20x9 +9 offset Ultra Butcher on a 285/60/20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Got a 2” rough country leveling kit on my 2019 Ram. Do you happen to have a pic of the front view? Do your wheels stick out much?

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Truck looks great! I’m looking to buy some wheels maybe this week, 20x9 +9 offset Ultra Butcher on a 285/60/20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Got a 2” rough country leveling kit on my 2019 Ram. Do you happen to have a pic of the front view? Do your wheels stick out much?

+9 is less than 3/8” more offset than stock …. You will barely notice a difference

Black19

Reaction score
+9 is less than 3/8” more offset than stock …. You will barely notice a difference

I’m looking to go 285/60/20 on stock black wheels with 1-1/4” Boda spacers. What does that offset look like?

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m looking to go 285/60/20 on stock black wheels with 1-1/4” Boda spacers. What does that offset look like?

Same as -12 or -13 offset …. Just about even with factory flares if you have them …. Do a search in the Custom Offset gallery

Users who are viewing this thread