1999 Dodge Ram 2500 488 magnum, 5 speed, 4x4

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, the old RustBucket made it through another camping season. We travelled home yesterday from the last weekend of camping at most of the state parks here.

Truck still tows so well, and it is a truck that gets worked so I don't have to worry about much other than enjoying it. I did kinda clean it though, it was raining as it has everyday this year, and I rubbed up against the side.

I wish I had all the parts ready for the sheet metal extravaganza I have been planning...but I don't.

I got to get ball joints replaced, sway bar endlinks, will have to replacethe other wheel bearing and will probably do both joints again. I have to decide how i am finishing the exhaust. Need new tires too, wanted to go bigger...but think I will just stay stock again.

Still contemplating what to do about a 1500, a 2018 2500 and I guess really I am in a holding pattern til I seethe 2019 HD.

We may make one or 2 more trips...not sure yet.

Winter is just about here.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The ole Rustbucket just got a new brother to take up the reigns of campground finder.

A 6.4l Hemi is going to take up were the 8.0l Magnum lets off.

The 99 is going to recieve some chemo for the cancer...and get some mods.

Is a great truck and deserves to stop dying a slow death.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Got the ole V10 up to my camp. Had to speed shift the gears and use the starter to get her going.

Definitely getting a new clutch.

I plan to remove all the duct tape and fender flares to expose the cancer and start treatment.

This truck took everything thrown at it in stride.

I hope the 2015 will do the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)