5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

19 Ram "Lemon Law Success"

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score
Has anyone had any success with the lemon law on the 19 Ram. I'm considering filing, my truck is on its 5th battery and I'm sick of it. If there is anyone on this site can help please pm me. I need to know what to do to get it going. The truck has right at 18000 miles on it now.

spaightlabs

Reaction score
Several folks here with success on Lemon returns. Every state has different requirements, check yours to see the requirements. You can google this.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
Yes but for a different issue. Still waiting for my replacement. Start the process now because it will take a while. They finally offered a replacement a few days before our formal hearing in front of the Florida AG. Make sure you have all paperwork. One thing I learned towards the end is to quantify the issue some how. How many miles less are you driving than your last car? How much money has it cost you? How much down time have you had? You may have to think outside the box, but a strong argument will light a fire under their ***. My argument for loss of use/value looked one of my graduate school papers lol. I had statistics, reasoning, charts, references, ect.

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score
Yes but for a different issue. Still waiting for my replacement. Start the process now because it will take a while. They finally offered a replacement a few days before our formal hearing in front of the Florida AG. Make sure you have all paperwork. One thing I learned towards the end is to quantify the issue some how. How many miles less are you driving than your last car? How much money has it cost you? How much down time have you had? You may have to think outside the box, but a strong argument will light a fire under their ***. My argument for loss of use/value looked one of my graduate school papers lol. I had statistics, reasoning, charts, references, ect.
Ok Thanks I got an attorney this morning and hopefully everything will work out in my favor and he will go to work and blow it out of the water. I have had an issue of the truck killing the battery, I'm on my 5th battery with the truck since July 2018.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
I didn’t use an attorney as FCA is not required to pay attorney fees in most states. FL lemon law is designed to help the consumer do it on their own. The attorney general was super helpful for any questions and off the record advice.

Last edited:

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score
I didn’t use an attorney as FCA is not required to pay attorney fees in most states. FL lemon law is designed to help the consumer do it on their own. The attorney general was super helpful for any questions and off the record advice.
I'm in Alabama but purchased in OH. The AL lemon law from what I researched is crap, so I'm working with an attorney in OH.

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score
Do you think 5 times do far is enough.

dmodem

Reaction score
Has anyone had any success with the lemon law on the 19 Ram. I'm considering filing, my truck is on its 5th battery and I'm sick of it. If there is anyone on this site can help please pm me. I need to know what to do to get it going. The truck has right at 18000 miles on it now.
That's funny. My limited was completely dead last weekend after sitting for a week and wouldn't take a jump. After charging for 6 hours, it started up and has been normal since although it's going into the shop tomorrow to research the issue.

Douglas31

Reaction score
Make sure you have submitted a written request demanding replacement or refund under lemon law. You should have received a booklet that contains a removable and mailable card to do so in everything that came in your owners manual. If your state requires arbitration go ahead and request it now as well.

JamMastaJ

Reaction score
I started a claim for lemon law for my multiple transmission Issues with ram care before contacting the state. I had my transmission replaced at 10k miles and continue to have issues. The problem is I can’t reproduce the issue whenever I’m at the dealership. In the mean time They have offered me a ram care extended warranty for 8 years and 125k miles. I’m a appeased for now but if I continue to have issues I plan to hire a lawyer and file with the state.

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score
That's funny. My limited was completely dead last weekend after sitting for a week and wouldn't take a jump. After charging for 6 hours, it started up and has been normal since although it's going into the shop tomorrow to research the issue.
This makes the 5th time for me

Adrianp89

Reaction score
You guys could do current draw tests your self... just takes a cheap multimeter

Adrianp89

Reaction score
Yeah, or a $63,000+ truck could be evaluated by a dealer under warranty to determine where the flaw lies.
Agreed but if you have to bring it in multiple times, it’s easier to figure out your self, and then bring it in with data they can use to resolve.

d19r93

Reaction score
Agreed but if you have to bring it in multiple times, it’s easier to figure out your self, and then bring it in with data they can use to resolve.
I agree with this statement. I had a leak and it took me showing them where it was leaking for them to figure it out and fix it. I also brought the STAR case to their attention which led them to fix it. Sometimes you gotta hold their hand. It sends a powerful message if you show them the problem before they figure it out.

I also would suggest you document every since interaction you have with the dealer. it would help your lemon law case. I have a spreadsheet of every phone call, conversation, receipt, etc. They'll "lose" records if it goes so far.

dmodem

Reaction score
Mine went in for the completely dead battery issue today. Now, they want to keep it until next week to check for suspension leaks. Ugh.

Joel-A

Reaction score
My truck has died overnight two times now after having it three months. I just recently got a check engine light, my scanner says it’s for an evap leak. I don’t understand why Ram hasn’t stepped up to try to solve the issues and train the deal ships on how to properly take care of the truck issues.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think if it were my truck: I'd get the new battery put in, then drive somewhere and trade it in. If you bought at a good price, you won't do bad on a trade-in and you'll have a lot less aggravation in your life. Sometimes the key to life is to know when to quit beating your head against the wall :)

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My truck has died overnight two times now after having it three months. I just recently got a check engine light, my scanner says it’s for an evap leak. I don’t understand why Ram hasn’t stepped up to try to solve the issues and train the deal ships on how to properly take care of the truck issues.

Hi Joel,

I'm very sorry to hear of the trouble you are experiencing with your truck. If you plan to work with your dealer for this, please know that we would be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of support for that process. Our team is just a PM away.

Mark
RamCares

Joel-A

Reaction score
Hi Joel,

I'm very sorry to hear of the trouble you are experiencing with your truck. If you plan to work with your dealer for this, please know that we would be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of support for that process. Our team is just a PM away.

Mark
RamCares
Thank you. The issue doesn’t appear to be a dead battery but something else causing the truck to not power up at all. The dealer couldn’t find any codes or any issues while they had it. They flashed and updated the computer hoping that would solve the issue. I won’t know if that solves it until some time with the truck passes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online