5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1500 Limited w Air Suspension lift

Domt1775

Reaction score
Hello,
I am sure this question has been asked a million times but I am unable to find exactly what I am looking for in the forums. This is a multi-part question

Just bought a 2021 1500 limited on air suspension and am looking to put a lift, tires, and wheels on it. I am being told that in doing so I will void parts of my factory warranty, however, the shop that I am looking at going through to do my lift told me that BDS will cover the parts of the warranty that it voids. Have any of you had any experience with the BDS 4inch air suspension lift and how does it hold up over time? How is their customer service (if you had to use it at all)? Would love to gather more information and opinions before voiding my warranty. Trying to decide between just putting 33s on it and leaving the stock suspension on to keep my factory warranty or making the leap to new lift, wheels and tires altogether

Ultimately, I would like to do something like 4inch BDS air suspension lift, 20inch wheels with 35inch nitro ridge grapplers. Would like to hear from those of you with experience lifting your truck with air suspension. Would love to see pictures as well with different setups!

Thanks in advance!

Dom

Jr22

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Limited with air ride and extended factory warranty as well. My wheels took 8 months to come, BDS 4 inch and 35 ridge grapplers where a 3 1/2month wait. Install date is finally set for the 15th of this month. From what I heard BDS will cover the part that's broken or malfunction so you are still stuck paying for labor to get the part off and new one installed. Theres always always fine print to every warranty doesn't matter what it is and who its from. I have also heard that BDS retains factory geometry so it shouldn't effect or interfere with the factory warranty. Custom offset had a video about bds having lawyers that will fight on your side to get factory stuff covered not sure if that's all true or not. Ends of the day I want my truck looking the way I want it to be. If it doesn't mess with it great, if it does o well.

Here is the video, starts are :48 Secs
3:50 for warranty on drive train

Last edited:

Roddog2220

Reaction score
i had 19 laramie with ready lift, then a 20 longhorn with ready lift and orp both with 35s, if you are just wanting 33s there is no reason to lift it unless you have money burning in your pocket, i just put 33.5 on a stock 2021 limited with air ride and they fit perfect, could have prob went up to 34.5 but doubtful with 35s, i am not touching the suspension with air ride, to much to go wrong

Jr22

Reaction score
most "35" inch tire that are advertised isn't a true 35inch tire. Even the nitto list their 35 ridge grapplers as a 34.76 inch height inflated.

Roddog2220

Reaction score
most "35" inch tire that are advertised isn't a true 35inch tire. Even the nitto list their 35 ridge grapplers as a 34.76 inch height inflated.
agree, i had michellin defenders, they looked big at 35 but im sure since they dont have the agressive tread they fit better, i put on 33s and they are actually 33.5

Users who are viewing this thread